ban ranked players from casual warzones

Vandergroth

• 1 month later...

agreed, same with nightmare raiders in pve, once you have a single nightmare boss killed you should be blocked from ever stepping into a storymode operation or a groupfinder activity, it simply isnt fair. how fun is it that adds literally just die before i am able to reach them and engage in brave combat?

i recently ran a storymode operation that i managed to join through fleet chat, however it turned out to be  TECH FRAGMENT FARM, which in case you didnt know isn't a raid its just an entire group of players speedrunning through an operation killing everything in a couple of seconds. i had just managed to enter the operation and start exploring the amazing scenery around me when the group engaged the first boss, before i had been able to reinforce them the boss was dead

did the group clear it fast? yes but was it fun? NO

Edited by RikuvonDrake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don't know where arena players got the idea that the problem was them being too good at pvp. The idea of an arena player solo defending a node or solo taking a node is a joke. They wouldn't know where to start.

Arena players won't set foot in a warzone without a premade, ideally with a pocket healer and they certainly won't go anywhere on the map without a group big enough to guarantee at least a 2v1.

That's because arena play is a subset of warzone play. In arenas you always start at full health, full cds, with balanced teams and a meta of about 4 classes. You probably also know pretty much every other player in the arena and decide a nice neat little kill order before the game even starts.

Warzones are chaotic and unpredictable and require a far greater range of gameplay and thought. Arena players hate that because all their cute little tricks mean nothing. The only way arena players can then compete in a warzone is by ignoring objectives and if you don't like playing objectives then don't play warzones.

The easiest way to remove arena fluff farmers from warzones is to make a solos only warzone queue. I guarantee arena players won't go within a mile of it because without their premades they'll just be a smear on the map.

• Haha 2