PLEASE Give us a separate inventory tab for gear! Please!

Sarova

Separate gear tab request

How/why has this not been done yet? With the ability to have several loadouts, please give us a tab for gear. The current inventory does not save gear into the inventory slot position we put them in so the risk of deconstructing full or partial gear sets is high (yes I did this on one of my sorcerers yesterday after forgetting to move the weapons/offhand/armour pieces to a slot in my inventory that is obvious to me is my current gear).

It's really frustrating that the inventory only remembers where I put my gear for my first spec and not the second spec. Gear is currently hugely expensive (time mainly) to grind for if you're a soloer, so losing a piece as it gets lots in your inventory among the drops you're getting rid of is annoying.

Give us the gear separate gear tab please. I'm pretty sure a few of us requested this during last years PTS. And lockable inventory tab slots would also be welcome.

Separate gear tab request

How/why has this not been done yet? With the ability to have several loadouts, please give us a tab for gear. The current inventory does not save gear into the inventory slot position we put them in so the risk of deconstructing full or partial gear sets is high (yes I did this on one of my sorcerers yesterday after forgetting to move the weapons/offhand/armour pieces to a slot in my inventory that is obvious to me is my current gear).

It's really frustrating that the inventory only remembers where I put my gear for my first spec and not the second spec. Gear is currently hugely expensive (time mainly) to grind for if you're a soloer, so losing a piece as it gets lots in your inventory among the drops you're getting rid of is annoying.

Give us the gear separate gear tab please. I'm pretty sure a few of us requested this during last years PTS. And lockable inventory tab slots would also be welcome.

Yes.

I've only done the multiple loadouts on one toon so far, and when I took the armor out of inventory, then later went to switch to the loadout that used it...I got the "missing armor" error message.

If we NEED to keep the armor in our inventory, a gear only tab (in addition to the normal one) would be most helpful.

Agreed.

What I'd really like to see is a legacy gear inventory such as we have for currencies and mats right now. Once you put something in there, you could pick it up on any character instead of having to find legacy cargo as the first thing to do when you log in.

Some classes can play all three roles. Having all those sets in the inventory is an annoying MESS.

It would also save so much time not having half of the group relog to find their their missing gear pieces. It typically happens with dual wielding classes because after you unequip everything, the game autoequips the main hand back. If you don't take it off separately, it won't end up into legacy cargo with other gear and can easily get lost.

I concur. I currently am constantly checking for the characters that use more than one spec.

And, as I discovered recently, for one character that is a Tank, I will need to grind for both PVP and PVE gear, so I will have to keep that in inventory for her as well.

:(

• 1 month later...
This will be my priority question during the livestream. They really should make a dev thread that asks for our questions before the livestream starts so they don't have to try and filter them from the crazy 10 messages per second chat during the livestream. Imma suggest it.

^ +1, I agree completely, really need another inventory tab to make using the 2 combat classes per toon more viable, as holding gear for both really eats up the room in the single tab we've been given and we're left with little space for picking up drops & crafting, etc. Edited by Willjb

I feel like this would be a good backup option, but really, the gear should have stats that cover different specs. I like how WoW solved it, by having gear utilize a hidden stat when you use it for another spec. Gear can have DPS, Heal, and Tank stats, but when used on a Healer, for example, the Tank-specific stat is ineffective. I'm not sure which would be more complicated to implement, but having gear storage, to me, just gets more convoluted, because now we end up with yet another storage option, requiring some way to access, via UI or physical cargo bay, which then might require decorations or locations on fleet and other inventory access locations.

We already have:

• Equipped Gear (UI)
  • Inventory (UI)
  • Mission Items (UI)
  • Currencies (UI)
  • Cargo Bay (Interactive)
  • Legacy Storage (Interactive)
  • Guild Storage (Interactive)
  • Mailbox (Interactive) - debatable

^ +1, I agree completely, really need another inventory tab to make using the 2 combat classes per toon more viable, as holding gear for both really eats up the room in the single tab we've been given and we're left with little space for picking up drops & crafting, etc.

The most annoying thing is gear being randomly placed in the inventory when you switch class. So many times I've come close to accidentally vendoring my weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

100% if you have a character that has tanking dps and healing combat styles available you need 3 different sets of gear.

This takes up a lot of inventory space

But it's not just the space it takes up; it's also the organisation of the gear.

Please give us the option to segment away our loadout gear from the rest of the inventory.

Like in lord of the rings online you can split your inventory into different bags.

This would be perfect.

toy bag, gear bag, stims/vaccine/etc bag, jawa junk & heroic crate bag, and a general clutter bag; bag filled with lightsabers!

More bags please!

Edited by Inyahin

100% if you have a character that has tanking dps and healing combat styles available you need 3 different sets of gear.

You only need three sets if you *use* all three roles. If you take, say, Sage and Assassin, and only ever play TK and Deception, you don't need tank or heal gear.