The problem with Endgame gear farming no one is talking about

AJNatalo

This wouldn't be too bad if the gear that we got already gave us BiS stats. Of course, since I have yet to gear up a single character this expansion, perhaps it now does? Or did they [REDACTED] that up too?

it doesn't. You can get relatively close... no, it just doesn't. Even with augments the stats can not be specialized to your specific class spec and with scaling on every planet being different it wouldn't matter even if you could mod your gear.

why do i have to farm heroics for op and fp gear?

why do i need about 3 times as many fp coins to upgrade fp gear as op or conquest gear need op or daily coins?

here's how to fix it... give every gear option a path to 330 purples. "o, well people running flashpoints don't need purple 330" is the dumbest design paradigm any game designer has ever come up with in the history of ever. here's a news flash, whichever moron came up with this system... GAMERS LIKE THE BEST GEAR AVAILABLE IN THE GAME! we do not appreciate having our gear selection decided for us because you guys are either too lazy or too stupid to come up with a system as good as 6.0's was.

literally every single person who plays the game liked 6.0's system better than any other system you've implemented, and you went and effed it up for no reason other than you hired some new guys who wanted to make their mark, regardless of how dumb it was.

well, good job. you put your new system in. what did it net you?

6.0... You mean the system were gear was at the mercy of rng, and you didn't know what the piece was until you got it? There's a lot wrong with 7.0, but at least the gearing is straight forward. I'll take that over wasting my currency on a chance that a gear piece I bought isn't the same piece I have or one of lower quality.

6.0... You mean the system were gear was at the mercy of rng, and you didn't know what the piece was until you got it? There's a lot wrong with 7.0, but at least the gearing is straight forward. I'll take that over wasting my currency on a chance that a gear piece I bought isn't the same piece I have or one of lower quality.

6.0... you mean the gearing system where most classes and builds could buy their sets directly from venders?

6.0... you mean the gearing system which allowed people to buy their way into 306 from the GTN? I geared up to 306 in one hour buying all the 306 mods from the GTN.

6.0... you mean the gearing system which allowed players to control their stats versus 7.0 with preset stats?

6.0... where everything you did rewarded you with possible upgrades?

There were 2 issues with 6.0 and RNG.

1) If you had one of the combat specs near the mid to end of 6.0 that used sets from Dxun like Apex the loot system was awful, but the devs changed the loot system so you aren't trying to out roll Sorcerers for Apex gear every time it drops anymore. And at least you could still get set pieces from Kai and weekly reward crates (I picked up all the Dxun sets from Kai).

2) If you wanted perfect stats like 451 crit enhancements it could take months or a year to locate enough for one set. Until then 431 to 441 was fine.

The RNG aspect in 6.0 was fixed with the newer loot system where everyone received their own loot pool. No more Sorcs rolling need on Apex drops and winning Apex gear over the Merc then putting that Merc on /ignore when they ask if they can buy the Apex gear off them since they were the only Merc in the raid (real experience which completely turned me off raiding in 6.0).

Edited by illgot

Don't claim to speak for everyone. I hated the 6.0 gearing system with a passion. 7.0's system may not be perfect, but it's a lot better then what we had in 6.0.

I do wish we had access to mods/enhancements already, but other then that I have enjoyed 7.0's system a heck of a lot better. If I want specific stats for my characters, I know exactly what piece I need to get, and how to get it. There is no RNG in getting the exact item I need like 6.0. The RNG mess that was 6.0's system can burn in **** for all I care.

Says the player that joined less than a year ago, lol. Tell me, please, how you ensure getting the right Rakata relic to upgrade to 330 on a DPS Juggernaut. I mean, since RNG "isn't a thing."

Or, for the player that doesn't have every class leveled up, tell me how you get the appropriate accuracy pieces if you only have say Marauder and Jugg as combat specializations?

Oh, wait, I know the answer to both of those questions already! "You can't."

Says the player that joined less than a year ago, lol. Tell me, please, how you ensure getting the right Rakata relic to upgrade to 330 on a DPS Juggernaut. I mean, since RNG "isn't a thing."

Or, for the player that doesn't have every class leveled up, tell me how you get the appropriate accuracy pieces if you only have say Marauder and Jugg as combat specializations?

Oh, wait, I know the answer to both of those questions already! "You can't."

*sigh* yes you can, you need so many OPs mats that you'd want to drop left side anyway. So you do HM with a 306 relic anyway since you want 320 rakata relics for more mats and you need so many of them that you can assure to get the correct relic.

Don't claim to speak for everyone. I hated the 6.0 gearing system with a passion. 7.0's system may not be perfect, but it's a lot better then what we had in 6.0.

I do wish we had access to mods/enhancements already, but other then that I have enjoyed 7.0's system a heck of a lot better. If I want specific stats for my characters, I know exactly what piece I need to get, and how to get it. There is no RNG in getting the exact item I need like 6.0. The RNG mess that was 6.0's system can burn in **** for all I care.

Then don't speak for me either.

I hate the new gearing system and much preferred 6.0.

7.0 for me is a massive step back for me.

You may disagree as is your right.

Personally 7.0 has done nothing right for me.

Well GS being a bit more friendly but that's it.

Edited by Rammboo

• 2 weeks later...

It's obvious now that Bioware does not give a tinker's dam about anyone but hardcore raiders, and even they need to be punished a little. Everyone else can go hang themselves.

"Oh, but you don't need the top gear if you're not doing top content" really misses the point. There used to be ways to contribute to the larger team effort, even if you weren't getting the BiS yourself. And there was some hope you could get some of that top gear, it just took way longer (which of course the raiders couldn't stand).

Casuals can go rot in vetmode hell. Have fun recycling everything endlessly for no gain at all.

Crafters get nothing - nothing! new, no ability to contribute to the new content. Even tacticals only come from the magic vendor. Best you can do is make a few stims. Hoody-freakin-hoo...

Even PVPers have got nothing new out of this update.

Of course, RPers have never been anything but a joke to the developers.

Play the devs way, or f off and die, loserbaby.