Most of players despise new changes

omaan

I remember a hell of a lot more servers back then, more people playing, thus more money into the game, and therefore more content and less bugs. But you right, I don't remember the specifics of each patch, so let's continue settling for ****, and let's lose the last remaining players, so we can get no more content updates soon enough. Genius

Ye thank god! I'd much rather play on a few big servers then on 35 dead ones. Technology improved so you need less servers and now that is somehow a bad thing???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep doing PVE.

So how are guardian tanks supposed to get around now? Let's say you take saber reflect.

No blade blitz.

To my knowledge, no freezing force and the movement increase.

To my knowledge, no movement speed increase from what used to be combat focus.

Well usually you press W.

Rule of two, intercede, nimble master. There are options...

Well usually you press W.

Rule of two, intercede, nimble master. There are options...

Good advice from a noob.

As for intercede, that's a joke of a reply to the question of how is guardian tank supposed to get around? That's slow and a roll of the dice in terms of where you end up at.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Good advice from a noob.

As for intercede, that's a joke of a reply to the question of how is guardian tank supposed to get around? That's slow and a roll of the dice in terms of where you end up at.

Dang, ge called me a noob.

Maybe, just maybe you should read what intercede does. It doesn't even have the issues holo and stride would have so I really don't see how it's a roll of the dice?

Out of all 7.0 offered, loadouts and combat styles are features that did not fail. They have been widely embraced by players. So, what in the world are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is the fact that that developing loadouts and combat styles in such an intricate code was so difficult that it

• resulted in 7.0 being released with a 4 month delay
  • led to hundreds of new bugs. Some are/were game breaking (remember characters being locked on the other faction fleet?). Many are still unsolved 3 months after release
  • consumed so many resources that playable content development has been reduced to a minimum, and 7.1 is adjourned without ETA.

Almost all the issues we've had with the game since the release of 7.0 have been caused by too much messing around in a code that nobody fully understands. Loadouts and combat styles may not be broken (I don't know, I haven't tried them), but they have increased the mess in the code and the amount of bugs. I guess the UI tweak probably contributed its fair share of new bugs too.

Out of all 7.0 offered, loadouts and combat styles are features that did not fail. They have been widely embraced by players. So, what in the world are you talking about?

A reminder that the introduction of Combat Styles broke some players' characters so bad that they were, at the height of the issue, swapped to the opposite faction's fleet without a ship and without access to their original class or faction. The full effects of this bug (the loss of their original combat style) wasn't fixed until 7.0.1 a month after release and then still required a manual fix by CS.

Great features that have been embraced by players, yes. Introduced without significant bugs? Not even remotely close. It's fair to at least call combat styles "broken" upon release when the above was a thing that genuinely happened. Can't think of an expansion in the past that's launched with a feature so broken it left players with their characters unusable until manual intervention from Bioware.

Wow, 500 players all quit your guild and unsusbcribed the minute 7.0 came out because of ability pruning? That's crazy, bro. 90% of your 600 player guild were on the PTS? Holy cow, bro. Crazy stuff, man. Totally legit.

Dont need the approval of someone jumping into a thread to attack people when my post history has this, with other guild members saying goodbye to the game. People like you represent the worst of this games community and really find it sad that your post history is filled with you randomly jumping into so many threads white knighting Bioware many times extremely aggressively.

Hope you are enjoying the games low population.

Lol yeah... Very few skills in FF14 compared to SWTOR, even after pruning...

ROFLMAO, who are you fooling with this? lol...this is pathetic.

Stone, Cure, Aero, Medica, Raise, Presence of Mind, Regen, Holy, Benediction, Afflatus Solace, Asylum, Assize, Thin Air, Tetragrammaton, Divine Benison, Plenary Indulgence, Dia, Glare, Repose, Esuna, Swiftcast, Lucid Dreaming, Surecast, Rescue are my current skills at level 72 as a White Mage. There are 7 more coming by max level.

These are only Job related skills and not the fluff skills like SWTOR also has. This is why FFXIV actually gives MORE hotbars than SWTOR does because once you get into fluff skills, cross job skills and gathering/crafting skills you simply need more than 6 hotbars.

ALSO ROFFLIE at attempting to downplay the skill loss here hahahahaaaaa.

7 brought in lots of new players,I seem to think this update is more towards the big pad thing people like hold in both hands lying way back on a couch with their belly poped up ,,,my 2cents,,,consols are not the best platforms for games..i miss Alt+g

Your post doesn't break down what might be good versus otherwise.

So don't speak for me.

Specially knowing that someone will get out and shout "hey, don't talk for me" i used words MOST of the players instead of ALL players. But it still didn't help it seems because you don't know english well enough. Most doesn't mean ALL. If you enjoy ability pruning it's your right but most part of players aren't :rak_01:

Can't think of an expansion in the past that's launched with a feature so broken it left players with their characters unusable until manual intervention from Bioware.

You mean like the Guild Ship's going missing where entire guilds could not play for a couple weeks?

You mean like the Guild Ship's going missing where entire guilds could not play for a couple weeks?

I mean, I was around at the time that bug was happening, I don't believe it was caused by new features in an expansion like this bug was. Maybe I'm wrong, correct me if I am. The bug I mentioned was caused directly by the new Combat Styles feature that launched with this expansion.

Never said it was the worst bug ever, just that I can't think of an expansion launching with a bug that severe. Even if there was, my main point was that I think it's fair to say Combat Styles were "broken" on release given they launched with a bug that severe.

What have you seen that says the feature has been widely embraced? Its there, there's no reason to not choose a different combat style rather than the original for class stories. But I've seen (and have) apprehension toward swapping to another style on older toons with it being permanent choices and down to 2 choices. What measure would you have to tell you if they had failed besides complaints (and genchat can switch up depending on the hour)? I'm just curious and actually wish they would post some numbers.

Its one of the only decent ideas for this 'expansion' and even that didn't turn out right.

What have you seen that says the feature has been widely embraced? Its there, there's no reason to not choose a different combat style rather than the original for class stories. But I've seen (and have) apprehension toward swapping to another style on older toons with it being permanent choices and down to 2 choices. What measure would you have to tell you if they had failed besides complaints (and genchat can switch up depending on the hour)? I'm just curious and actually wish they would post some numbers.

Its one of the only decent ideas for this 'expansion' and even that didn't turn out right.

I mean, I haven't seen anyone saying "I hate combat styles and I wish they had never put them in." People either don't care for them or love them, but there's no reason really to hate something that 1) is completely optional, 2) only gives you more choices.

So yeah, I'd say it's pretty positive overall and there's really no need for "numbers" for that. Heck I'd say it's the only thing they got right (eventually) since 7.0... I personally don't like that you're forced to pick a second combat style if only switching a force spec to the mirror one, but heck, I'm not going to say that the whole thing sucks just because of that.

Most players are just busy playing the game. I wish disgruntled players would stop thinking they speak for everyone. 🙄

Disgruntled players, like myself, serve a useful purpose (at least until our subscriptions run out).

We remind the people in charge, when they deign to read the posts, why we are soon to be FORMER players.

I'm currently 2/3 disgruntled. 2 of my 3 subs are not going to renew next month.

The ONLY reason I'm keeping the first is the guilds I have created.

Even though MOST of them are pure "vanity" guilds, with ONLY my toons, a couple on Star Forge actually contain other players and I don't want anything to change there.

So...yay....EA gets my money because of the rules for being in charge of a guild, not because the game is enjoyable, to me, anymore.

Dang, ge called me a noob.

Maybe, just maybe you should read what intercede does. It doesn't even have the issues holo and stride would have so I really don't see how it's a roll of the dice?

It's pretty dumb to not know what intercede does and then try to project that on to other people.

You also failed to understand everything I said. Interceding out of harm's way is both slow and ineffective, as it's totally random where you end up.

Not to mention the worst thing of all. Level Synch is broken. They now level shift tertiary stats. Note that they didn't do that pre-7.0. So now you end up with way too much of one tertiary stat and too little of another. Level synch worked very good in pre-7.0 content. Now it is pure garbage and unbalanced. It is obvious what this 7.0 update was directed towards...the Pvp and hard mode operations scene. That's it. Everyone else is just collateral to Bioware now. Does anyone wonder why people have cancelled their subs real quick over the past 3 months? It's cause the casual player base is not a priority. Hence why the story expansion was less than an hour long...Sad day's when the majority who pay the subscription are not prioritized in a game.

It is obvious what this 7.0 update was directed towards...the Pvp and hard mode operations scene. That's it. Everyone else is just collateral to Bioware now.

But why? Why is the game being tailored to a minority of players at the expense of the majority? It's mystifying.

It's pretty dumb to not know what intercede does and then try to project that on to other people.

You also failed to understand everything I said. Interceding out of harm's way is both slow and ineffective, as it's totally random where you end up.

You end up at the player you intercede, and the last time I checked I was able to lokk at my screen and see where my teamamtes are - sure if you are clicking and picking someone at random the you end up somewhere else, but since you'd be clicking I couldn't respect your opinion anyway.

Not to mention the worst thing of all. Level Synch is broken. They now level shift tertiary stats. Note that they didn't do that pre-7.0. So now you end up with way too much of one tertiary stat and too little of another. Level synch worked very good in pre-7.0 content. Now it is pure garbage and unbalanced. It is obvious what this 7.0 update was directed towards...the Pvp and hard mode operations scene. That's it. Everyone else is just collateral to Bioware now. Does anyone wonder why people have cancelled their subs real quick over the past 3 months? It's cause the casual player base is not a priority. Hence why the story expansion was less than an hour long...Sad day's when the majority who pay the subscription are not prioritized in a game.

Yeah I love missing on level 7 mobs, it's so much fun. Especially when 98% of the content is level sync'ed.

Fixing that should have been one of their priorities, yet it's coming "in a future patch."

But why? Why is the game being tailored to a minority of players at the expense of the majority? It's mystifying.

Especially when it went from a casual/solo friendly game to... this.

My subscription ends tomorrow. No plan to renew unless they undo some of the changes. I'm not even playing the game anymore at this point... 7.0 killed the game for me. I'll come back for story updates and that's it, after all... it's not like story players need the gear apparently, so why should I grind it?

Disgruntled players, like myself, serve a useful purpose (at least until our subscriptions run out).

We remind the people in charge, when they deign to read the posts, why we are soon to be FORMER players.

/swoosh! How to miss the point.

I'm a bit disgruntled myself, but I don't have the narcissism to suggest that everyone else is as disgruntled as I am. 🙄

this 7.0 update was directed towards...the Pvp and hard mode operations scene.

Ummm Sir no.... The update was directed to casual's removing abilities to make the game easier. Updating UI, new gear grind, Weekly mission changes.

PVP has not seen content in 3 years. Quiet frankly the game balance is a mess in pvp right now. PVP players are the lowest demanding players this game has and they can't get that right.

The only things we want:

1 Balanced Classes

2 Fix all the ability bugs

3 Competitive Matchmaking

That's it. We don't care about gear or maps. We just want a working game. That's it.

Ability pruning especially which literally made game less interesting to play

Which made me play another MMORPG besides SWTOR - one that forces me to actually think about mechanics !

And with "mechanics" I actually mean "rules", like what kinds of dice thrown, for example ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Most players are just busy playing the game. I wish disgruntled players would stop thinking they speak for everyone. 🙄

The ~10 of you that are constantly posting on this forum don't seem to realize that most people that play don't post here (or anywhere else). That does not mean that they enjoy or don't enjoy the game. I played 1.0, and posted here maybe 3 times. It's a PITA to post on this forums. I have a security key attached, and to post a message here, I have to:

1. go to this forum (which takes at least 3-4 clicks),

2. read some windy discussion with the same 3 people complaining back and forth about some stuff,

3. hit the "reply" button, find out I am not logged in (while having the game on the other monitor open),

4. in a separate window, again, enter my username, password, find out I need the security key,

5. grab my phone (maybe from another room), enter password to unlock that, find the security key, wait for the current one to time out so I can have something that I don't have to memorize to enter,

6. enter the security key, close that window, go back to the old window, reload, hit reply again.

7. remember what the hell was I trying to actually write about 5 minutes earlier.

Re this thread, I personally don't care that much about ability prunning, but if you level something from zero it seems pretty excessive. Personally, I'd rather they front-loaded the active abilities and granted passives more gradually, but at this point I have 9 alts of all classes, with lowest being 77. Anyone who says they "don't mind" simply didn't seem to level anything from zero since 7.0 started. It's a classic "well, it worked for me, so I don't care" - people lack empathy and arguing with them isn't going to change that. There is also a question of class balance, but I think this is mostly a problem for people who are into MM flashpoints and veteran and above ops. There are some really badly balanced level ranges - anything 45-65 seems awful, particularly if you're getting downleveled. They could fix this trivially by raising the level cap by a couple levels - i.e. set the downlevel cap to say 52 on Corellia and Ilum, for instance so the 50 mobs are green instead of yellow. That's also partly because those level ranges are overpopulated by silver and gold elites, and those are terribly scaled. Comparatively you'll see very few golds 1-30. Flashpoints have reverse problems. I tried veteran CZ-198 with just a companion, and it's worse than MM red reaper / hammer station (and I can solo those two pretty trivially at this point). So, there are balancing issues all around, but I consider that par for the course for an understaffed effort that made sweeping changes. The abilities would make zero difference here. The problem is that all this does make the game overall much less enjoyable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.