No rested xp earned while logged out.

Loyabe

Read through this thread with interest, have a newly created character on Hutta in Nemro's not gaining any rested XP. But I also have my boosted toon a smuggler, standing in the Hoth base cantina right next to a "Friendly Rin" which IS gaining rested XP. Additionally I have a third character logged out in a Thunderclap also gaining rested XP. It looks to me that best to be logged out in your ship until this is fixed.

So it may not be completely broken, it may just be that in certain spots, in certain cantina's that it does or does not work. I agree that BW still need to get there act together . As others have said rested XP is why some off us play. Have not tested this on any other toon. If I discover more will respond here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read through this thread with interest, have a newly created character on Hutta in Nemro's not gaining any rested XP. But I also have my boosted toon a smuggler, standing in the Hoth base cantina right next to a "Friendly Rin" which IS gaining rested XP. Additionally I have a third character logged out in a Thunderclap also gaining rested XP. It looks to me that best to be logged out in your ship until this is fixed.

So it may not be completely broken, it may just be that in certain spots, in certain cantina's that it does or does not work. I agree that BW still need to get there act together . As others have said rested XP is why some off us play. Have not tested this on any other toon. If I discover more will respond here

Okay little addendum my new toon on Hutta standing next to the NPC called "Morsel" watched rested XP it tick up slowly. If I find any other spots will try again to update.

Okay little addendum my new toon on Hutta standing next to the NPC called "Morsel" watched rested XP it tick up slowly. If I find any other spots will try again to update.

As stated earlier in the thread, the issue is that you don't generate rested experience while logged out. You've always been able earn rested experience just idling online inside a cantina. That part isn't bugged.

Edited by Tressith

As stated earlier in the thread, the issue is that you don't generate rested experience while logged out. You've always been able earn rested experience just idling online inside a cantina. That part isn't bugged.

Seem to be getting rested XP at the locations I have indicated will know when I check them again at tomorrows reset.

I concur with your above statement.

I will put my previous posts down to the fact I had not really noticed a lack of rested XP gained whilst I played on my main server to level my 8 characters to level 80. However, this is my observation to date :- Level 10 on Hutta gained 3 rested XP over a 24 hour period probably during my irregular log ins to check. Level 73 on Hoth gained approximately 700 rested XP, during my logins to set up gathering crew skill missions, and finally a level 39 in the ship gained 35 rested XP. By no means is this what I and everyone else pays our subscription for. Please Bioware remove thy digits and get this hot fixed, you would be quick enough if an exploit was discovered.

I took a hiatus right after 7.0 dropped due to the game being broken and just started playing 2 weeks ago. Most of the toons that I had in a cantina seem to have actually LOST XP. Over 6 months logged out and toons that had a full bar no longer have one. WTH!!

Came here to say the rested xp seems to come and go and not necessarily dependent on logging out. I noticed it yesterday on log-in but today on a different character, it's fine. Maybe it has something to do with difference between logging out in a stronghold vs cantina?

In fact they are selling this feature as a part of the subscripion für real money. When its not working and there is no compensation for the people who've paid for it, in my point of view it could be some kind of a breach of contract. I think I will have a small conversation with a good friend of mine who is coincidentally a lawyer, next time I see him. Just to hear his opinion....for now.

I lol'd. How did that "small conversation" go with that "good friend" of yours "who is coincidentally a lawyer" "just to hear his opinion...for now" *dramatic pause* dum dum DUM! :rak_02:

I will never get tired of watching people on this forum bluster about getting a lawyer to sue for breach of contract because the devs created another bug.

to the Inquisitor when she tries to threaten the DC in the act 3 finale comes to mind. Edited by Ardrossan

Came here to say the rested xp seems to come and go and not necessarily dependent on logging out. I noticed it yesterday on log-in but today on a different character, it's fine. Maybe it has something to do with difference between logging out in a stronghold vs cantina?

Is anybody noticing a difference based on faction? I haven't really tested it, but I did start working on some old Pub toons and they seemed to be gaining rested state while I wasn't playing, but none of my Imps seem to gain any rest.

Still no fix on rested bonus exp, is it time to start requesting a refund on my subscription? This is one of the reason have a paid subscription.

Same here about the rest XP sub perk. I have submitted at least 1 or 2 bug reports on the rest XP issue. That, combined with the unnecessary nerf to Virulence, will probably be the reason why I stop my sub after this summer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.