BioWare, Just Give us back Mod-able Gear

MaximusRex

I think I read somewhere how they went away from mod-able gear to solve some RNG problems, but I no longer remember the details why. Anyone care to explain or link to a dev post explaining their decision?

I don't want to create new outfits, I like the outfits I have. I want to be able to use the lightsaber I want with the outfit I want no matter what combat style I am using. Mod gear with loadouts would make that work, the current system doesn't.

Β 

So ur lazy and just don't wanna be inconvenienced lmaooo fair play πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜

Β 

It would take about 10 minutes to fix ur problem, actually in the amount of time it took u to complain u could have made ur outfits so ripppp πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So ur lazy and just don't wanna be inconvenienced lmaooo fair play πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜

Β 

It would take about 10 minutes to fix ur problem, actually in the amount of time it took u to complain u could have made ur outfits so ripppp πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

how many minutes to pick between 16 outfits delete half and make copies of those top 8 outfits for my 40 characters, 50 if you want to count my characters on off servers?

Β 

How man billions to rebuy the dyes, search for the old designs I have lost or thrown away over the last 7 years?

Β 

10 minutes?

Β 

Even in 6.0 people predicted the issues that would show up if they kept weapons tied to outfit tabs. But who cares right? It only impacts that biggest money maker this game has, outfits and weapons on the Cartel Market.

I think I read somewhere how they went away from mod-able gear to solve some RNG problems, but I no longer remember the details why. Anyone care to explain or link to a dev post explaining their decision?

Β 

There's none. The excuse is that "RNG is bad."

Β 

Which could have been fixed a dozen different ways without giving us this mess.

So we're pretty sure then that when they bring mods in they can only be had via NiM ops? It's a shame if so. Not expecting a higher IR than the content I run but would like to have better command of tertiaries to optimize stats.

I based my post on what the studio said about the progression in the toppest tier of item ratings, that initially they would be available only in the toppest content (meaning NiM raiders), then at the next new tier's introduction, previous toppest tiers would become progressively more broadly available.

Β 

The exact progression is unclear, but there's definitely a progression.

I hope they provide mods beyond NiM ops at some point, or at least provide tertiary options for the implants and weapons. If I could just replace one weapon or implant from crit to alacrity it would allow me to optimize and avoid the crafting.

Indeed. And I agree.

Stop whiteknighing and lying - you are not speaking for everyone and not everyone wanted this crap combat styles.

The old system worked fine for nearly 10 years, and none of my guild mates or other playerfriends ever requested combat styles,

Β 

True I am not speaking for everyone but I never said that I was, you are not speaking for everyone either is your opinion more valueable than mine? Combat styles work and are honestly super cool. The system is an improvment over having no weapon designer/modable gear in every way. I'm not white knighting its just true.

Β 

I get where it came from.

in 6.x you got Drops at your average iLVL +-2 levels

but the Mods could be 302 304 306 inside that shell -> stuffed "4" items into your Bank for every actual Item you put in. to make room for the Gazillion lootdrops and only trashed things that had neither a Setbonus nor any 306 Mod. you wouldn't distinguish between good 306 and bad 306 because that takes too much time and the Legacy Bank will close if a Group member pulls anything.

a Week later when your Legacy and Character bank overflowed you made a Storage Alt and sent everything over.

then half a Year later you'd write a ticket to support asking them where you put that good Augment and they'd tell you:

you have three "xyz" on "Storage alt #17" in Bank 3 and 5 on "Storage alt #23" in Bank 2.

Β 

Β 

just cutting the number of possible Variations would have fixed half the issue.

dropping less Items but always at iLVL would have fixed the other half.

dropping 1 Item / Boss instead of 6 would fix the third half.

and making Gear unmodable broke three halfs of the System to Balance the Improvements out and make sure the System is as broken in 7.0 as it was in 6.0 just different.

Edited by DarthSpekulatius

It's odd that, in this game that is supposedly 'dead' according to some people, Fleet seems to be busy every evening, VM flashpoints pop almost instantly, GTN sales are going fine, I keep getting invited to OPs, etc, etc.

When is this 'dead' game going to slow down? πŸ˜‚

Β 

On the other hand, I'm getting tired of being stuck in Esseles with a bunch of under-geared, 'Republic', BHs and Sorcerers who don't 'spacebar'. (Thankfully, I'm able to watch Youtube videos on my second monitor while WOGM'ing)

I'll be glad when the 'combat styles' thing dies down. πŸ™„

Β 

πŸ™„πŸ˜‡

Edited by JediQuaker

just cutting the number of possible Variations would have fixed half the issue.

dropping less Items but always at iLVL would have fixed the other half.

dropping 1 Item / Boss instead of 6 would fix the third half.

Β 

maybe I misunderstood you but all of this is the case in 7.0?

Β 

Less variations by making gear have a fixed set of stats, but still being able to vary if you choose a different loot discipline.

literally every drop is a sidegrade, the gear does drop on level - always

it does drop 1 item per boss now

It's odd that, in this game that is supposedly 'dead' according to some people, Fleet seems to be busy every evening, VM flashpoints pop almost instantly, GTN sales are going fine, I keep getting invited to OPs, etc, etc.

When is this 'dead' game going to slow down? πŸ˜‚

Β 

On the other hand, I'm getting tired of being stuck in Esseles with a bunch of under-geared, 'Republic', BHs and Sorcerers who don't 'spacebar'. (Thankfully, I'm able to watch Youtube videos on my second monitor while WOGM'ing)

I'll be glad when the 'combat styles' thing dies down. πŸ™„

Β 

πŸ™„πŸ˜‡

Β 

It's not dead, but it's very rare now when trying to jump instances that there is actually another one up, I can't remember that happening except maybe at 5am even 4 months ago.

Ur not comparing apples to apples tho.

Β 

Stop trying to say that two gearing systems cannot be compared. Jesus...some people try really hard to defend a really bad system that is hated by the majority of players. Bioware is not going to hire you for doing this... :rolleyes:

Β 

Also, yes I actually CAN compare what we had to what we have now. All they needed to do was keep the same gearing system and extend it to IR 330-336 or whatever cap they wanted. And no, there is not a single thing better about this current system which was created to try to force people to either PvP or do mind numbing OPS to get the best gear and I would take the old VICTORs gear set over the best new one any day of the week and that wasnt even my favorite.

Β 

Kill an enemy, get a +75% speed buff for 8 seconds to get me to the next group of enemies faster whie also getting a 20% heal did more for me than anything the new garbage is doing.

Edited by gregordunbar

This post makes no sense. With modable gear you'd have to remove the hilt/barrel, mod, enhancement, tuning, augment, and crystal every time you want to use a different weapon. As of right now all u have to do is create a new outfit and u can use any weapon u want, lmao ur smoked out af bruh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

you serious? i mean, its cool if you're not. good joke, but if you are... well... there's nothing else i could say without insulting you, which would bring the fascist mods down on me.

I'm not saying you should go to 0 alacrity, just take idk 400 less. Until you feel comfortable, having the exact alacrity value is MASSIVELY overrated

Β 

Tell me you are clueless about basic mechanics of SWTOR without telling me you are clueless about basic mechanics of SWTOR.

Β 

That isn't how alacrity works.

Β 

Either you hit a breakpoint, or you might as well not have gained any alacrity at all.

Β 

Base GCD is 1.5.

Β 

If you don't get to 7.15% alacrity for the 1.4 GCD breakpoint, then your alacrity is just wasted stats.

Β 

Fully moddable gear was a core, fundamental feature of this game for 10 years. People loved it.

Β 

It also meant everyone could have max gear no matter what kind of content they liked. People got to play the content they enjoyed. They didn't have to grind garbage like GSF, PvP, or OP/raids that are mid quality at best when what they really want to do is story, or solo content.

Β 

Until they give everyone fully moddable gear again, 7.0 will be dramatically and vastly inferior to the 10 years before it. It is truly that simple.

Tell me you are clueless about basic mechanics of SWTOR without telling me you are clueless about basic mechanics of SWTOR.

Β 

That isn't how alacrity works.

Β 

Either you hit a breakpoint, or you might as well not have gained any alacrity at all.

Β 

Base GCD is 1.5.

Β 

If you don't get to 7.15% alacrity for the 1.4 GCD breakpoint, then your alacrity is just wasted stats.

Β 

Fully moddable gear was a core, fundamental feature of this game for 10 years. People loved it.

Β 

It also meant everyone could have max gear no matter what kind of content they liked. People got to play the content they enjoyed. They didn't have to grind garbage like GSF, PvP, or OP/raids that are mid quality at best when what they really want to do is story, or solo content.

Β 

Until they give everyone fully moddable gear again, 7.0 will be dramatically and vastly inferior to the 10 years before it. It is truly that simple.

Β 

Yes I know thats how the theorycrafter say it is, but they are wrong and have always been wrong, they lost the right to call themselves theorycrafters. Look, I'm not doubting that they can calculate the gear for best DPS and 7.15% is the best, this does not mean that with 7% your GCD is 1.5s, the GCD can vary depending on how much you have. With 7.15% you will get more 1.4 than 1.5, but that doesn't mean anything - you can play what alacrity you want. Why did people say 1.6k "feels better" than 1.256 or w/e? Why did it parse higher? Because the number of 1.4 GCDs was increased where as 7.15% was gamble so to say, his +1 alac enhancement wasn't wasted where as in your argument it was.

They literally lied to us for years and when someone tested it on dummy he got better results. Problem with that is... when everyone says it can it really be wrong? Yes, yes it is.

I also have multiple years of raiding experience so it's not like I didn't know what I'm talking about.

maybe I misunderstood you but all of this is the case in 7.0?

Β 

Less variations by making gear have a fixed set of stats, but still being able to vary if you choose a different loot discipline.

literally every drop is a sidegrade, the gear does drop on level - always

it does drop 1 item per boss now

Β 

yes all of that is the case.

what's your Question?

Γ—
Γ—