Dash Exploit (Devs, please read)

Beckwith

I am curious, are you guys gonna do what you did with past exploits? Are you going to remove their gear? Ban them based on how much they did it? Take away achievements?

I am asking because a lot of people are curious as what is gonna happen to the people that used this exploit? People that were banned, gear taken away, and/or banned for a certain amount of time, for doing previous exploits. It seems unfair if you do nothing to these people and it also lays the ground work for more people to take part in these exploits in the future. Plus it also shows people in the past, sorry we did ban people and do all this other stuff to you people, but now we don't care and are gonna let people get away with it.

I know in the past you guys fixed the problem and then banned people within a month of fixing it, but a lot of people are curious what you will do if anything. A lot of them are in game laughing it off that you guys did nothing to them. Just felt you should hear this from someone that has been here since alpha. I really do hope you guys do something to these people that used the exploit.

Thank you for your time,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'm still not sure if the cave was really an exploit. An exploit is usually considered using a bug or a glitch in a game for your benefit.

Is dragging a boss to one side of the map really an exploit? Was the sandstorm not filling the entire map a bug or a glitch or was it intended for some strange reason?

Honestly, I'm still not sure if the cave was really an exploit. An exploit is usually considered using a bug or a glitch in a game for your benefit.

Is dragging a boss to one side of the map really an exploit? Was the sandstorm not filling the entire map a bug or a glitch or was it intended for some strange reason?

It is obviously not intended to kill the boss that way, however with the previous exploits you could overlevel the entire OP and farm Crests etc, which was much more of a problem then killing dash roode.

Honestly, if you did this... ***? The sandstorm doesn't even do much damage... The correct statement for questionable things like this would be "clever use of game mechanics" which this does not fall under.

I am curious, are you guys gonna do what you did with past exploits? Are you going to remove their gear? Ban them based on how much they did it? Take away achievements?

I am asking because a lot of people are curious as what is gonna happen to the people that used this exploit? People that were banned, gear taken away, and/or banned for a certain amount of time, for doing previous exploits. It seems unfair if you do nothing to these people and it also lays the ground work for more people to take part in these exploits in the future. Plus it also shows people in the past, sorry we did ban people and do all this other stuff to you people, but now we don't care and are gonna let people get away with it.

I know in the past you guys fixed the problem and then banned people within a month of fixing it, but a lot of people are curious what you will do if anything. A lot of them are in game laughing it off that you guys did nothing to them. Just felt you should hear this from someone that has been here since alpha. I really do hope you guys do something to these people that used the exploit.

Thank you for your time,

Nothing is going to happen because it wasn't an exploit now if you dragged the boss into the storm and it died instant using a glitch then YES the big difference here from the Ravagers exploit is you just clicked the shuttle and got loot no fighting of the boss was done and that's why they took action but this people still failed if the tanks were bad not doing this and that same with low dps so you are grasping at straws.

Just made this account and sub to tell you that you are a ****** and if they by some chance ban hammer ppl there are lot of game to play out there. If there is anyone who should get banned i hope it is you. Hope to see you in game and if possible in a warzone so that i can enjoy myself on a new kind of level. with all that said bye ******. Edited by Yourafemaledog

Just made this account and sub to tell you that you are a ****** and if they by some chance ban hammer ppl there are lot of game to play out there. If there is anyone who should get banned i hope it is you. Hope to see you in game and if possible in a warzone so that i can enjoy myself on a new kind of level. with all that said bye ******.

there was a player on fleet saying how he's going to report the new Dash so Bioware bans all the cheaters.

like bioware is going to listen to their feedback.... lol

People in operations are paying subscribers, Bioware won't touch them

And with the current state of the game I wouldn't blame them, they need every dollar they can get.

Who gives a **** about gear anyways, this game is a level sync'd POS now. Better gear means nothing.

There wasn't a one size fits all approach. For instance the Ravagers exploit they didn't do anything to people that used it, just some of the people that propagated it, let instances stay open, pass around the lockouts, etc. Folks that just went in a got loot really weren't touched, Back when Nefra NiM was an exploit, people could go in and 1 or 2 man 16M NiM. Gear wasn't removed from everyone that I'm aware of, let alone banned. They've always been selective on who they go after. My guess, with the game as old as it is, with the issues they've had with 7.0 and dwindling sub numbers they won't do anything to people who did it. This exploit has been around for years. If they didn't care about people doing it 5 years ago, I doubt they'll care too much about it now.

There wasn't a one size fits all approach. For instance the Ravagers exploit they didn't do anything to people that used it, just some of the people that propagated it, let instances stay open, pass around the lockouts, etc. Folks that just went in a got loot really weren't touched, Back when Nefra NiM was an exploit, people could go in and 1 or 2 man 16M NiM. Gear wasn't removed from everyone that I'm aware of, let alone banned. They've always been selective on who they go after. My guess, with the game as old as it is, with the issues they've had with 7.0 and dwindling sub numbers they won't do anything to people who did it. This exploit has been around for years. If they didn't care about people doing it 5 years ago, I doubt they'll care too much about it now.

They cared enough to finally fix it haha. Not that I care either way. I didn’t use it.

fixing it is one thing, punishing players is another. The only reason they bothered to fix it is because people complained about it. I doubt they had many sleepless nights worrying that people were using the cave strat to get rakata gear.

Correct, farming the first boss for gear is insignificant compared to the larger issues they have going on. It's patched out now, so it's not an issue anymore. Nothing else needs to be done. IMO, it should have been left anyways, It's been there for years and no one cared until now. Fixing it just to appease a few loudmouths was a bad call. Bigger game-breaking issues and bringing more content need more attention then a few elistist egos.

i think if we wanna talk about exploits we also really need to talk about communication and time frames to deploy patches.

to be honest i don't see any exploit in using the map. it doesn't matter if you jump on a latern, another object,

cuddle in a certain spot or use the map. if the fight can be done that way, without using a shady thing like stucking, or apply stacks before the fight, i won't count them as exploits. it is just thinking outside the box, even if it is not the intended way to play the fight.

and if they don't want us to do it that way, they have to make it clear and deploy a patch as soon as possible,

that you even can't do it anymore, if you don't read forums.

the first cave runs i have seen were in the second week of the dlc. and now, more than 2 months later is just not

a time frame a player could expect, especially without any communication about the issue.

also there are bugs you can use, since the introduction of the operations, also these bugs are known issues,

way older than the most active player accounts. what about these? is it okay to keep bugs for a decade and

then ban people for it, even if they don't care about? i don't think so.

there are also other bosses you can bug, like red. for example the stuck exploit. this is around since the introduction of the operation and since then, it is not fixed, even if it is a known issue, too. here i totally see an exploit, because you are doing a step nobody would do. but the expected time frames is exceeded, too. if they can't fix it and if they don't communicate to not do it that way, you cannot blame the players for. especially if there tons of more bugs in it you have to deal with.

so even if i'm totally against using exploits and won't do it at all, i just don't think it is right

to punish players for a lack of communication and really bad update schedules.

if they don't fix it in time, it is nothing to blame the players for. and months and even years

is no time frame to expact.

Edited by fabsus

Hey OP if they are going to ban people for that then they can ban you and the entire community who exploited the first bosses in EC and the 2nd boss in EV by using stealth to get around fighting the mobs. All you're really mad at the fact people didn't follow how the encounter should be done right? So is it fair that people have used stealth to get around mobs in ev and ec? That's not how those encounters are supposed to go? That's an exploit that needs to fixed and everybody who participated in using stealth to expedite their progress in EV and EC should be banned. Edited by Valin_Marr

That is not true at all. People who did is excessively were banned for a period of time, and those who propagated it as mentioned received worse punishment but those who only used it once or twice were not really affected. But to say they didnt go after more than just those who propagated it is incorrect.

And to say this isnt an "exploit" is to ignore the fact that it involved geting around game mechanics to kill the boss. It wasnt on the same level as other exploits, but it was still an exploit. And people who were actively engaging in it repeatedly and across multiple characters every week, knowing full well that they were engaging in "cheesing" shouldn't get off with nothing because that sends the wrong message that in the future Bioware will do nothing to people who engage in this behavior.

At the end of the day, people knew what they were doing and they made a decision that they were mad or upset or whatever and felt entitled to do this to get gear faster. That is on them. But actions should have consequences otherwise people will continue to break rules, and next time it might be even worse.

As for "this wasnt an exploit" thats BS and everyone knows it. The Boss fight has mechanics, and the fact that if the tanks didnt do it just right the fight would reset or the exploit wouldnt work correctly only proves that. The boss was never supposed to be able to be dps'ed in such a way that people could stand outside of and/or not receive damage from the sandstorm.You were never supposed to be able to completely ignore the shield generators/adds/etc. Those who did it know this and should just man up and take ownership for what they did.

i don't remember any such action like you are referring to have happened when Bioware addressed past exploits specific around gearing and operations, Nefra and Cora (ppl who used cora purely for gear didn't get banned, only those using the economic/material glitching did) going far back and also in 6.0 when TFB/EC/SNV was possible to enter as lvl 75 while the content was 55 and you could 4man a full 16m nim run

i don't think people who did the cave strat for dashrode should need to be worried, hopefully, they are able to clear it past the fix with the extra gear they got

Edited by RikuvonDrake

They didnt remove gear from Cora that I remember because of how difficult that would be but there were lots and lots of people that receive 24-48 hour or longer bans. Just because you personally didnt see it or dont remember doesnt mean it didnt happen. I know plenty of people who received those bans and they werent just the people who were "propulgating" or holding the instance open week to week.

And there is a HUGE difference between what happened in 4.0 when people were clearing content because they were overgeared and overleveled, and purposefully using a bug (hate to break it to you but the not taking damage from standstorm, or the boss not resetting when you werent taking damage from the sandstorm WAS a bug and therefore doing it was exploiting said bug) ro defeat a boss you otherwise cannot defeat to get gear you otherwise would not earn. Edited by Danery
fixing 5.0 to 4.0

i don't remember any such action like you are referring to have happened when Bioware addressed past exploits specific around gearing and operations, Nefra and Cora (ppl who used cora purely for gear didn't get banned, only those using the economic/material glitching did) going far back and also in 6.0 when TFB/EC/SNV was possible to enter as lvl 75 while the content was 55 and you could 4man a full 16m nim run

i don't think people who did the cave strat for dashrode should need to be worried, hopefully, they are able to clear it past the fix with the extra gear they got

yes they got banned I earned a 7 day ban just for going in and getting free loot and so I deserved it but Nefra, Dash was something way different you still had to do semi mechanics it wasn't a free ride like cora was. also the DP ones like up on the chains with bestia also the council glitch that one gilled used for it's kill so many things that would be classed as an exploit are not but Cora was a pure exploit.

They have never done this to players who used the environment to kill a boss. Nefra was cheesable for years with no actions taken on players.

They have given bans before, mostly for PvP cheating and the Ravagers loot exploit, but they didn't take away any loot or achievements over those. I can only think of one exploit in which they took away loot and achievements, and that is the Dread Master Crest exploit.

I would say that Dash is most like Nefra, where cleaver use of the environment was not punished, just patched. I would be surprised, based on past actions, if they do anything.

I am kind of assuming these "people" you are talking about are Crest exploiters, and honestly they deserved everything that happened to them, and if they think this is unfair, all the better.

Edited by MaximusRex

They have never done this to players who used the environment to kill a boss. Nefra was cheesable for years with no actions taken on players.

They have given bans before, mostly for PvP cheating and the Ravagers loot exploit, but they didn't take away any loot or achievements over those. I can only think of one exploit in which they took away loot and achievements, and that is the Dread Master Crest exploit.

I would say that Dash is most like Nefra, where cleaver use of the environment was not punished, just patched. I would be surprised, based on past actions, if they do anything.

I am kind of assuming these "people" you are talking about are Crest exploiters, and honestly they deserved everything that happened to them, and if they think this is unfair, all the better.

Yep they did take awqy achievements and loot when people where exploiting bolster in SnV for Dragonslayer Crest etc. Some of the people in one of the guild did that and everyone got punished, even people who didn't exploit.

So they 100% did take away loot before. But they won't do it this time

The real ironic part of this whole thing is that most of the "Nim purists" that are complaining about this "Exploit" bought their Nim cheevo's in the first place and got carried or got them when they were 5 lvl's above of the operation.

Taking shelter from a sandstorm in a cave seems to be a reasonable strategy to me.

Is being smart really considered an exploit? :eek:

Its not a reasonable strategy to purposefully try to ignore game mechanics or get the boss to behave in a manner that hes not supposed to. Sorry you can try to justify your behaviors all you want but it doesnt change the fact that the ability to fight him in the cave and avoid the sandstorm was a BUG and people who did it knew that and did it anyways, exploiting said bug and now are just trying to be all cute and clever and acting like they were just being smart or clever.

And this isnt about elitism, or any of that BS. Its about the fact that people used an exploit, knowingly, and that if actions arent taken at least in some regard then the next time an exploit comes around people will engage in that as well rightfully thinking that its ok because bioware does not care. Again this isnt like Cora, and more like the Nefra explot from back in the day but both resulted in punishments just one received way more punishments and way more attention.