The gearing changes didn't work. Were all in 330 gear with no effort.

forcedpolitics

Ok: I see... Oh, inventories of unopened PvP, GSF and Rakata crates. If I needs gear I just open like 4 boxes and I'm good to go. I don't actually understand how people can dislike this.

You have to understand that the vast majority of players are simply bad. They don’t have unopened rataka crates laying around. 99% of the player base are locked behind green 326 gear, if they even understand how to get it which most of them don’t. I don’t necessarily think these players need better gear for the content they are doing, but I think it’s evident that going from the system in 6.0 where people could get max gear in a couple days from grinding hammer station to this has made many players frustrated and leave the game. Whether you agree with them or not, they are this game’s biggest source of funding and when they quit we don’t get new raids/content and the game eventually shuts down.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 318 vendor is just leftover from the 7.0 pts and won’t be in live. There’s a 320 vendor anyway. It’s the conquest vendor in the supplies section, it costs 200 conquest commendations for a full set and you get 200 conquest commendations for completing conquest with a level 76+ character.

Thanks, getting everyone 320 and figuring out outfitter now.

You will then be happy to also learn that the ability to add weapons to outfitter was recently added. This was key since the >306 gear is static (and no mods), and for a while forced us to all have the same generic weapons as part of our appearance.

Good to know. I just started playing my guys after returning as I always do, paying no attention whatsoever to outfitter. All of my guys already have all of the gear they want appearance-wise, so I had no need of it (I thought). I assumed they would increase their gear levels the same way they always had, by getting higher level mods. Now I know better. And thanks for not being hostile simply because I was unfamiliar with a game feature I had never used or needed. Apparently my lack of outfitter knowledge incomprehensibly SERIOUSLY pissed off some forum posters here, I'm sure you saw their posts. I won't respond to such unwarranted anger and hostility from such obviously unhappy people.

Not true, I have 16 80s and the highest ilevel is 306 on any of them. I worked too hard over the years to get all 16 geared EXACTLY the way I want appearance-wise, and I refuse to wear random ugly gear just because it's a higher ilevel. I keep waiting for higher ilevel mods to show up either by crafting or from vendors, but no luck so far. If they really are done making new mods for this game, I guess I'm finally done. (I'm a founder btw)

wait, why aren't you using the outfit designer if all your worried about is appearance? that way you can wear the outfit's you like for appearence, and use the correct stats by using higher item level pieces.

wait, why aren't you using the outfit designer if all your worried about is appearance? that way you can wear the outfit's you like for appearence, and use the correct stats by using higher item level pieces.

As I had posted above, I have recently returned to the game after being away awhile and was unaware of the changed gear paradigm from modded to unmodded gear and had never used, or had reason to use outfitter so was completely unaware of its functionality. I get it now and all my guys are 320 and have preserved their beloved appearances.

Not playing operations so can't say if they are easy or not, and there are loads of players that don't play Ops too.

So we are all well behind the 330, atm my best is 321.

I think the difference is between people who MUST have best gear and endless farm whatever content required (being it Ops or gsf that they never cared before) and people who simply play the game and "normally" increase their gear while playing.

The only chance to stop farmers is make content semi-impossible or totally kill the drop rate.

Both the things will create way more mad ppl then the whole 7.0 failure.

It's not so easy to find a good way to address the thing for people who play 24/7 with strong guilds/teams and casuals that simply wanna have fun playing but ofc deserve some gear improvement on the way.

You sir, have hit the problematic nail on the head. For casual solo players like me (and yes, there are a lot of us), we just can't compete with everyone else. If we try to join a group, we are so terribly unskilled at group play that we drag everybody else down. They never should have gotten rid of the separate PvE, RP, and group servers.

You have to understand that the vast majority of players are simply bad. They don’t have unopened rataka crates laying around. 99% of the player base are locked behind green 326 gear, if they even understand how to get it which most of them don’t. I don’t necessarily think these players need better gear for the content they are doing, but I think it’s evident that going from the system in 6.0 where people could get max gear in a couple days from grinding hammer station to this has made many players frustrated and leave the game. Whether you agree with them or not, they are this game’s biggest source of funding and when they quit we don’t get new raids/content and the game eventually shuts down.

Oh no yes, you are correct. But the thread was about if 330 gear is effort and it is, it's harder and takes longer than any other gear path. Nefra actually is pretty easy and getting rakata for doing it is maybe unjustified but again, it doesn't really matter.

But Yeah, I agree that it's pretty bad - like in general, but not because people can't get to max gear - because they could, they just don't want to. But it's fine! What isn't fine is then complaining about it because you know the path, evidently it's easy then just go do it.

I think the influencers really confused the general population with the gearing. They marked out gear paths and stuff but really you are just wasting time and resources if you don't PvP until 326 then do NiM raids because they also give quite a lot of frags, or you make it easy by farming nefra and DF SM. It still takes longer and it is still effort, at least to me it sounds like it.

You sir, have hit the problematic nail on the head. For casual solo players like me (and yes, there are a lot of us), we just can't compete with everyone else. If we try to join a group, we are so terribly unskilled at group play that we drag everybody else down. They never should have gotten rid of the separate PvE, RP, and group servers.

It's not just the casual solo players who can't compete, even teams who had instances like gods and dxun clear with timer multiple times on all roles blablabla you know, like all this weird flex stuff. Even they can't even clear the operations right now, there are TWO teams who have 2/5 in Gods atm and there are probably only three teams that could do 2/5 and well realistically zero or one team that could do 3/5. But content should just not be balanced in a way that teams like failure or FC can't clear it, even though it's boring for them they should oneshot every boss every time, how would a new team even approach NiM raiding right now? They get destroyed, it's not a fun experience and your chances at actually clearing anything but styrak are so low you might as well not even try.

A lot of raiders quit too, it's not exclusive to solo players.

Either way, what I'm saying is that the problem of feeling like you drag a team down is also not exclusive to solo players.

One more thing: People who want to get 330 gear will get it no matter how high the barrier to entry, either you make it so rare that basically only the top of the top of the top can get it (but then why are you making content for basically 16 people?), or you give it our for free in like in 6.0, both sucks in my opinion. I like it this way because it takes you some time, you can play stuff out and then get your gear and you can be fancy. The color, or the stat distribution of mastery to endurance is SO insignificant how much mastery do you miss out? Like 3 or 4k? You wouldn't even feel that if you don't sure parser, and if it bothers you just do a few PvP matches and you're set with purple 326 and if you don't want to PvP - well then don't.

I as the (probably) biggest elitist on the forums don't care if somebody has more or less gear than I do because... well gear is never the issue. Having gear is nice to have, it's not mandatory by any means. I've seen posts of people thinking other players think LESS of them because they do not have 330 in let's say regs, but the truth is that nobody cares and it won't make a difference

I think you just lack confidence and are limiting yourself. If you've gone through LoS you should have at least a set of 320+ armor. That is good enough to get you into veteran Group Finder flashpoints. That will get you 324+ armor.

I realize (only too well) that you can run into jerks who can ruin your FP experience, but don't let that scare you off.

If you don't do MM flashpoints or SM/VM OPs you don't need to worry about getting armor beyond 324.

All the servers are "PvE" servers now - no excuse. 😁

I think you just lack confidence and are limiting yourself. If you've gone through LoS you should have at least a set of 320+ armor. That is good enough to get you into veteran Group Finder flashpoints. That will get you 324+ armor.

I realize (only too well) that you can run into jerks who can ruin your FP experience, but don't let that scare you off.

If you don't do MM flashpoints or SM/VM OPs you don't need to worry about getting armor beyond 324.

All the servers are "PvE" servers now - no excuse. 😁

You are right about the confidence thing. I tried the warzone thing....once. Died after about 10 seconds, so that was that. I have also tried grouping up, and everyone else was so much better and faster than me that it was embarrassing. So I chug along all by myself and lament the ops and flashpoint content that I will never see, however limited it may be.

You are right about the confidence thing. I tried the warzone thing....once. Died after about 10 seconds, so that was that. I have also tried grouping up, and everyone else was so much better and faster than me that it was embarrassing. So I chug along all by myself and lament the ops and flashpoint content that I will never see, however limited it may be.

You're supposed to die in pvp lmao. It's not like you have to pay repair costs. dying helps you learn.

There was once a legendary RPer in the forum who would apparently delete his characters whenever they died in the game. That's what this post reminds me of.

Edited by Ardrossan

We're all in 330 Rakata from easily farming Nefra, Dashroode, WrithHorror.

These fights are EASIER than healing a veteran flashpoint without clicking koltos.

What?

So why did you farm those 1st bosses in the 1st place anyway? LOL . You telling us that you desperately hushed to 330 just to say "oh now its too easy for me" ? c'mon dude LMAO

What?

So why did you farm those 1st bosses in the 1st place anyway? LOL . You telling us that you desperately hushed to 330 just to say "oh now its too easy for me" ? c'mon dude LMAO

For many people it's the only way to get 330 gear at all, but the devs intended for harder content to drop better gear and thr point is that nefra is easy. But only doing nefra on repeat was never intended by the devs so they basically abuse an oversight and then complain that they were able to get better gear than everybody else.

As I said only doing first boss is quite ineffective, it will leave you lacking fragments and OP catalysts which you have to get somewhere else.

They people who need or want the gear just go and get it, if you don't have it yet - well then you neither need nor want it apparently.

But only doing nefra on repeat was never intended by the devs so they basically abuse an oversight ...

If the devs didn't see coming that players will choose the 1-2 easiest NiM Boss' and doing them over and over again, you're left with three options;

a) the devs didnt had a clue how players think

b) the devs didnt had a clue how their new gearing system work/will play out

c) they did know both, but didnt care at all (which is the most probable option, if you see how they want you to play the next few month only one (new) Raid)

Whatever you think it is, the result is the same: the new gearing system is a big fail, and the (targetted?) goal to give the best players the best gear was hit with the precision of an imperial stormtrooper.

Edited by Xhuuyaa

If the devs didn't see coming that players will choose the 1-2 easiest NiM Boss' and doing them over and over again, you're left with three options;

a) the devs didnt had a clue how players think

b) the devs didnt had a clue how their new gearing system work/will play out

c) they did know both, but didnt care at all (which is the most probable option, if you see how they want you to play the next few month only one (new) Raid)

Whatever you think it is, the result is the same: the new gearing system is a big fail, and the (targetted?) goal to give the best players the best gear was hit with the precision of an imperial stormtrooper.

Yeah, it was already in PTS feedback before it came out. But how is it bad that more players can get gear especially when that was the only "content" released with 7.0, well besides from 1 FP and story.

Gear is not content. I think MaximusRex summed it up;

Gear is a tool for progress and success, when it is treated like a reward it causes drama ... Limiting access to gear makes it harder for new players to break into raiding, and that only gets worse as each new tier of "rewards" is put in place, making those players further and further behind. ... Gear grinding is nothing but an artificial block put in place to slow players from doing the content they actually want to do. ...

I dont think the new gearing system was a smart move. The justification for it was the "best players should get the best gear". But it didnt achive this at all, so there is no argument left to defend it. And I think the new R-4 gearing will make things only worse. :(

Edited by Xhuuyaa

I'm with you on the PvP thing. I don't enjoy PvP or GSF, plus I'm too old and slow for it anyway.

Like you, I played mostly solo (in SWTOR) for years, other than grouping up to do some Heroics. The early guilds I was in were mostly dead and there was no 'guild' activity*, so Group Finder was the only way to do Flashpoints.

It took me a while, but I eventually plunged into veteran mode FPs. It took me another while to get up the courage to try MM flashpoints.

So, don't let a few bad experiences deter you from having fun and exploring the full game. You may start out being 'carried' through, but with practice and better gear, you'll soon be just good as most players.

What server are you on?

* Disclaimer - no lack of guild activity these days. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

I was away from this game for quite awhile and just came back a couple of weeks ago (I go back and forth between this game and WoW, but was gone even longer than usual this time when I also gave FFXIV a try for awhile) and didn't realize the change to how appearances worked now. Hopefully the 318 vendor that will appear in 7.1 (currently on the PTS) will have stuff for me to buy because all 16 of my guys have hit 80 and finished the new storyline and ALL of them deconstructed every single piece of 318 gear they were given. Heh. So their gear currently ranges from around 295 to 306.

What is your definition of "awhile"? Outfitter was released in 3.2 which was April 2015:

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4282015/game-update-3.2-rise-emperor

That was over 7 years ago.

How can you have 295 to 306 gear and not know about outfitter? 306 gear came out years after outfitter did.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

People LIKE to have something to farm ! There was TC, then the EV renown , now Nefra/Dash. This is what people want, so locking the best gear behind harder content is a very bad idea, because some people don't even do Nefra for gear, they do it because they want to FARM something.

Same goes for DF/DP/KP SM, people farm tech fragments.

People LIKE to have something to farm ! There was TC, then the EV renown , now Nefra/Dash. This is what people want, so locking the best gear behind harder content is a very bad idea, because some people don't even do Nefra for gear, they do it because they want to FARM something.

Same goes for DF/DP/KP SM, people farm tech fragments.

I'm not so sure about that. I wasn't farming anything before 5.0. I was just playing the game, multiple parts of it I might add. Then the mats for legendary augments were added to conquest rewards and I started farming the mats with conquest. With 6.0 I was farming fragments for the gear sets, and with 7.0 I've been also farming gear. Do I want to do it? Not really.

We are being pushed to farm just one boss or just one activity in the game so that we wouldn't notice there is barely any new content to play. I'm sure new players are happy, they still have a lot of content they haven't played yet, but veterans are farming because there is nothing else to do in game. I'm barely playing at the moment because I already got a gear set for tank and dps. I don't need gear anymore, I don't need credits anymore and because conquest was ruined I'm doing the bare minimum now and then play something else with the playing time I have.

The only farming I've really enjoyed was that KP farm at the early 6.0. It was crazy but the craziness made it also fun. I would do that again for pretty much any reason if the devs hadn't decided to kill it.

Yet with 7.1 we are facing yet another phase of farming one content only, only this time the devs want us to because new gear will only drop from the new operation. Limiting one kind of farm and then adding another farm is a bit hypocrite and my fear is people will get so sick of the operation that no-one will want to play it later. Whoever manages to not get sick of it too soon might eventually have shiny new gear they can use to play the content they WANT to play (such as legacy nims). Yay.

I'm with you on the PvP thing. I don't enjoy PvP or GSF, plus I'm too old and slow for it anyway.

Like you, I played mostly solo (in SWTOR) for years, other than grouping up to do some Heroics. The early guilds I was in were mostly dead and there was no 'guild' activity*, so Group Finder was the only way to do Flashpoints.

It took me a while, but I eventually plunged into veteran mode FPs. It took me another while to get up the courage to try MM flashpoints.

So, don't let a few bad experiences deter you from having fun and exploring the full game. You may start out being 'carried' through, but with practice and better gear, you'll soon be just good as most players.

What server are you on?

* Disclaimer - no lack of guild activity these days. 🙂

I am currently on Satele Shan. The toon I'm concentrating on right now is in a young guild with very nice people. I may eventually screw up the courage to play in a group with them!

I'm not so sure about that. I wasn't farming anything before 5.0. I was just playing the game, multiple parts of it I might add. Then the mats for legendary augments were added to conquest rewards and I started farming the mats with conquest. With 6.0 I was farming fragments for the gear sets, and with 7.0 I've been also farming gear. Do I want to do it? Not really.

You don't have to though? You get gear from any content anyway, like tell me what you are doing that you don't get to 326 eventually. If you don't want to do nefra or PvP then don't, because you neither need nor feel a difference in any other content besides PvP and PvE.

We are being pushed to farm just one boss or just one activity in the game so that we wouldn't notice there is barely any new content to play. I'm sure new players are happy, they still have a lot of content they haven't played yet, but veterans are farming because there is nothing else to do in game. I'm barely playing at the moment because I already got a gear set for tank and dps. I don't need gear anymore, I don't need credits anymore and because conquest was ruined I'm doing the bare minimum now and then play something else with the playing time I have.

Yes, but then it's not the gearing you dislike - it's the lack of content, I already said multiple times that if there was content people wouldn't care about the gearing system because it's simply not bad. The general idea I can get behind, the execution with augments in PvP, ranked not giving 330 and stuff like that is just... bad, but that doesn't mean the idea is.

The only farming I've really enjoyed was that KP farm at the early 6.0. It was crazy but the craziness made it also fun. I would do that again for pretty much any reason if the devs hadn't decided to kill it.

Wait you liked killing trash just so you can play the game less? Everybody who did that for limitless and everybody knows my name is stupid. You could get both from just playing, giant waste of time.

Yet with 7.1 we are facing yet another phase of farming one content only, only this time the devs want us to because new gear will only drop from the new operation. Limiting one kind of farm and then adding another farm is a bit hypocrite and my fear is people will get so sick of the operation that no-one will want to play it later. Whoever manages to not get sick of it too soon might eventually have shiny new gear they can use to play the content they WANT to play (such as legacy nims). Yay.

People will clear it, get gear and raid something different yes. Ok, sorry - they will farm mounts and then move on. You want to know why? Because R-4 just isn't nightmare. Guild buffs work, alacrity or crit buffs work - even rez the entire group works in R-4. Besides that, I think more teams are actually interested in being the first team to clear gods in 7.X, which the 340 gear + new augs is probably needed.

Also, 340 gear isn't optional to get like 330 gear. It will be mandatory just like new augments, the stat increase is so MASSIVE from 330 gear and even bigger for the augments that it isn't optional to not get 340. You can take your time though, it's not like there will be new content for a while. Next up is 7.2 with PvP season 15 and the PvP revamp.

Suuuure!!!! Take you time, be FORCED to play lethality operative and marauder, FORGET about your arsenal merc, GET IN LINE, be a good little slave and play ONLY the classes liked by the NiM raiders ..

NO THANKS ! NEVER !

I will never play operative or marauder, i LOATHE the stories, the companions, the everything!

Still, i have to pay as much as they ones who play overpowered classes, why?

To get kicked off KP because im a merc????

To be FORCED to do Black Talon 12 times/day because thats the only content im allowed into????

I request a subscription discount for arsenal mercenaries, since we have NO CHANCE IN HELL of getting any good gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.