There really needs to be more PVE options to get tech fragments

Pricia

I mean... GSF is nice and all but it doesn't even require legendaries anyway, so it would be nice if other types of content were balanced to drop an appropriate amount of tech fragments too... I'm not even going to talk about warzones as it's depending on wins and I've yet to get more than 2 wins a week since 7.0 so I've never finished the weekly.

But 10 fragments per heroic is too few. 1 fragment dropping here and there is a joke. I forgot how many you get from weeklies but it should be at least 200 IMO for the solo ones (considering that you can get 1350 from GSF in 40-70 minutes). Obviously ops and FPs and weeklies should give more - 1000 at least (not sure how much it gives now).

I mean - as a soloer, we're going to need 39000 fragments to get legendaries to 330. Do you really want us to run 3000+ heroics for that (assuming you get some extra from CQ and weeklies)? I really sure hope not.

Honestly, whats the rush? Other than "I want it?'

There isn't any new content needing the Legendries at max level. A small argument is 'for all my alts', but then again...to do what? Running NIM/veteran content? People/groups are already doing that, and their gear is progressing.

Just play the game casually.

Tuesday I plan how I'm going to do the Weekly Seasons Objectives and Conquest on my main. Work to get conquest Tuesday with my main. Every other day work an alt towards their conquest to get some frags.

Except now this weekend I started a char on another server, doing some of the Season's, to get more CC. I'm not evern stressing to max that out either.

What rush? I play(ed) Dot Sin, Operative, Mara, Sin Tank, PT Tank & IO Merc. That makes 6 x 13.000 techs (78.000!!!) to get my old set bonus back. You find that amount reasonable? Upgrading all of them to 330 would be another 156.000 techs.

Let alone classes like Merc Heal, Op Heal, Jugg Tank, Jugg, Sorc, Sorc Heal that would make another 78.000 + 156.000 techs. How long should a play for that? 3 Years? 4 Years?

The "old" setbonus was 6 x 3500 techs (=21.000) to max out. With drops from renown + conquest crates and Kay Zykken even less. They trippled that for a setbonus I already had.

And they clearly miscalculated the way techs could be earned. In 6.0 every boss drop 3-5 pieces of gear you could desintegrate. The amount of techs after an Operation or Flashpoint was ~500+ tech fragments. Now you have one drop of gear/boss. So the new system gives you ~20 (+150) tech fragments.

If you want to ruin the gearing system and making people quit (and stop playing alts)... search no longer, this is the way to do it.

Edited by Xhuuyaa

On a more serious note, how many frags do you get these days for the Tradehouse weekly on Mek-Sha?

I haven't even checked it. Good question.

But still.

What rush? I play(ed) Dot Sin, Operative, Mara, Sin Tank, PT Tank & IO Merc. That makes 6 x 13.000 techs (78.000!!!) to get my old set bonus back. You find that amount reasonable? Upgrading all of them to 330 would be another 156.000 techs.

Let alone classes like Merc Heal, Op Heal, Jugg Tank, Jugg, Sorc, Sorc Heal that would make another 78.000 + 156.000 techs. How long should a play for that? 3 Years? 4 Years?

The "old" setbonus was 6 x 3500 techs (=21.000) to max out. With drops from renown + conquest crates and Kay Zykken even less. They trippled that for a setbonus I already had.

And they clearly miscalculated the way techs could be earned. In 6.0 every boss drop 3-5 pieces of gear you could desintegrate. The amount of techs after an Operation or Flashpoint was ~500+ tech fragments. Now you have one drop of gear/boss. So the new system gives you ~20 (+150) tech fragments.

If you want to ruin the gearing system and making people quit (and stop playing alts)... search no longer, this is the way to do it.

Yeah that's why I posted. I have 34 toons, I doubt they'll ever get their own implant but even then, I have one of each DPS spec at least (minus annihilation and carnage now), so I need a LOT of fragments (and people still wonder why I want to do CQ on all my toons...).

I'm still peeved I had to spend some fragments on something else because the mark of commendation limit is too damn low too and I was almost capped with tech fragments but without enough marks to get a legendary upgrade...

I also hate how a single tech fragment can drop from enemies. Just devalues every gold drop in general. Boosting the amount of tech frags in heroics, and lowering the amount from GSF, also seems reasonable. I'm not sure what they give these days but having master mode story chapters award more tech frags might be good.

See, I've seen enough changes to gearing over the years, to slow us down for content, that I'm not in any real rush to max gear. They aren't putting out content that I need to max my gear. Yes, it's taking slowly. However, I foresee them making new augments, or new implants, just to make everyone who rushed to max gear to have another gear type to rush to get, and call that content. We have seen it before, the gold augments? Everyone rushing to get the RPM's etc to get max gear, to do...the same content or be the top gear in PVP, again.

I have a main merc healer, and 32 other characters. I got the merch to almost all max gear, one mixed implant (but not really caring to rush to get another implant for another character. My sorc, my jugg, my commando, still are able to play the new flashpoint (the buggy one), can do all of the other content I want to do, every heroic, etc.

I understand wanting to get back an ability taken away. Thats not what I was asking. I asked, 'whats the rush?'. Is there some content one cannot do with two maxed implants? Is there some new flashpoint coming on the PTS that requires it? Nightmare mode ops, ok, fine.

What's the rush?

Well, for me...it's not the speed to get to the top of the ladder (gear grind) it's the SIZE of the ladder I need to climb to get back what was taken from me (all of us).

if you have 1 toon you play 95% of the time, it's not a big deal. You have basically ONE ladder to climb, regardless of how (metaphorically) big it is. It's slow, there are a lot of steps you need to climb (tech frags you get) but at a steady pace you'll get there before too long.

I play many multiple toons.

I HAD set bonuses on probably 50 characters or so.

The ladder I have to climb, so to speak, is 50 times higher than a person who plays 1 toon

Just to get back what I already had.

You'll understand if some people, like myself, are asking to have that sped up a bit.

why not have a vender sell tech frags for credits?

Help fix the inflation issue and give people another source for tech frags. Figuring out the ratio of credit to tech frag will be the most difficult part but the only market they have to avoid crashing is OEMs and RPMs. Everything else is legacy/character bound.

Edited by illgot

why not have a vender sell tech frags for credits?

Help fix the inflation issue and give people another source for tech frags. Figuring out the ratio of credit to tech frag will be the most difficult part but the only market they have to avoid crashing is OEMs and RPMs. Everything else is legacy/character bound.

Same reason they don't sell (stat'd) gear for credits.

You could buy it with RL $ and no one wants that for this game.

Cosmetic stuff is one thing...but items with actual stats that affect how "good" or "powerful" your character is...no

Edited by Darev

What's the rush?

Well, for me...it's not the speed to get to the top of the ladder (gear grind) it's the SIZE of the ladder I need to climb to get back what was taken from me (all of us).

if you have 1 toon you play 95% of the time, it's not a big deal. You have basically ONE ladder to climb, regardless of how (metaphorically) big it is. It's slow, there are a lot of steps you need to climb (tech frags you get) but at a steady pace you'll get there before too long.

I play many multiple toons.

I HAD set bonuses on probably 50 characters or so.

The ladder I have to climb, so to speak, is 50 times higher than a person who plays 1 toon

Just to get back what I already had.

You'll understand if some people, like myself, are asking to have that sped up a bit.

I can certainly understand why you want to speed the process up when you're gearing up 50 characters. On the other hand, I can't see this being the norm since there are only 8 mirrored combat styles and you can have 2 per character now. Perhaps it would make sense for implants of the same type to be much cheaper for successive purchases.

Same reason they don't sell (stat'd) gear for credits.

You could buy it with RL $ and no one wants that for this game.

Cosmetic stuff is one thing...but items with actual stats that affect how "good" or "powerful" your character is...no

It's no different than the current situation of buying Aug 74s. It's no different than in the past when we could buy crafted modifications from players with in game credits. Not allowing something because someone may buy credits from a third party site is not a reason to avoid a feature in the game.

Lets face it, you can do that now with anything on the GTN yet the devs aren't going to get rid of the GTN because someone may buy armor with stats off it with credits they bought on a third party website.

Why do they have to avoid crashing *any* market?

The developers really don't but it's the only concern I can see coming up for them. I would love the market to regulate the OEMs price to 50 million credits instead of the current 150-200m.

Edited by illgot

I mean... GSF is nice and all but it doesn't even require legendaries anyway, so it would be nice if other types of content were balanced to drop an appropriate amount of tech fragments too... I'm not even going to talk about warzones as it's depending on wins and I've yet to get more than 2 wins a week since 7.0 so I've never finished the weekly.

But 10 fragments per heroic is too few. 1 fragment dropping here and there is a joke. I forgot how many you get from weeklies but it should be at least 200 IMO for the solo ones (considering that you can get 1350 from GSF in 40-70 minutes). Obviously ops and FPs and weeklies should give more - 1000 at least (not sure how much it gives now).

I mean - as a soloer, we're going to need 39000 fragments to get legendaries to 330. Do you really want us to run 3000+ heroics for that (assuming you get some extra from CQ and weeklies)? I really sure hope not.

I agree... the more "options" the better. (well for the most part).

I's also agree that being able to actually "keep" or having a larger cap on said fragments would also be nice as well.

tech frags drop with decent rate.

Drop rates are "OK" when you get them. If I understand OP correctly, it's "WHERE" and in what categories (ie: CQ completions) those tech fragments are found or made available.

In short: not everyone does group / raids / GSF. (If I understand what OP was driving at).

Drop rates are "OK" when you get them. If I understand OP correctly, it's "WHERE" and in what categories (ie: CQ completions) those tech fragments are found or made available.

In short: not everyone does group / raids / GSF. (If I understand what OP was driving at).

Yeah this is what I was getting at.

Considering that every path uses the same legendaries (which can be upgraded as high as well), they should all drop tech fragments with the same consistency.

Yeah this is what I was getting at.

Considering that every path uses the same legendaries (which can be upgraded as high as well), they should all drop tech fragments with the same consistency.

BTW... we're both on the same page. Even if things in the game are changing this is one aspect that we need collectively.

And I might add (hopefully without derailing your post) if we have tons of good stuff in multiple areas, tech fragments could potentially become the new "gold" (so to speak). Soon the multi-billions of "credits" would be as worthless as Imperial Credits on the Mandalorian!

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

There isn't any new content needing the Legendries at max level. A small argument is 'for all my alts', but then again...to do what? Running NIM/veteran content? People/groups are already doing that, and their gear is progressing.

Just play the game casually.

Tuesday I plan how I'm going to do the Weekly Seasons Objectives and Conquest on my main. Work to get conquest Tuesday with my main. Every other day work an alt towards their conquest to get some frags.

Except now this weekend I started a char on another server, doing some of the Season's, to get more CC. I'm not evern stressing to max that out either.

It matters for when you play Spirit of Vengeance. It's possible now to play with only the gear the game gives you before your reach it, but if you don't die a lot not even counting the infamous areas you're near death after every fight and need to stop to heal. They can get annoying. You need to spend the credits and tech fragments to upgrade your gear to 278 to not be near death after every fight and hopefully not die at the infamous areas or at least only then. It adds up quickly to upgrade all your gear let alone more than one character.

It matters for when you play Spirit of Vengeance. It's possible now to play with only the gear the game gives you before your reach it, but if you don't die a lot not even counting the infamous areas you're near death after every fight and need to stop to heal. They can get annoying. You need to spend the credits and tech fragments to upgrade your gear to 278 to not be near death after every fight and hopefully not die at the infamous areas or at least only then. It adds up quickly to upgrade all your gear let alone more than one character.

It mattered for SoV when it came out.

It will probably matter for whatever level 80 content is coming out too...

It mattered for SoV when it came out.

It will probably matter for whatever level 80 content is coming out too...

Yeah ... pretty much. I had several with 306 stuff but NO BiS Augments or Accessories. That seemed to work quite well (even when SoV first came out). BUT it WAS DOABLE! And (IMO) that is the difference.

NO ! It was not possible to "run and gun" everything. BUT if a player wanted to they could stop long enough to think it through and still make it! (One of the things I liked about 6.0... even if it were not perfect).

BACK to topic: By having access to what we need for gaining tech fragments that gives a player better access to gear that works more effectively.

Yeah ... pretty much. I had several with 306 stuff but NO BiS Augments or Accessories. That seemed to work quite well (even when SoV first came out). BUT it WAS DOABLE! And (IMO) that is the difference.

NO ! It was not possible to "run and gun" everything. BUT if a player wanted to they could stop long enough to think it through and still make it! (One of the things I liked about 6.0... even if it were not perfect).

BACK to topic: By having access to what we need for gaining tech fragments that gives a player better access to gear that works more effectively.

I didn't even HAVE augments when SoV came out. I suppose it's a difference now though, because they decided to put crit on legendaries you pretty much NEED augments to reach 110% accuracy without sacrificing alacrity. It's such a huge downgrade!

I suppose we could argue too that a lot of legendaries are total crap anyway so it's not like it would make a huge difference, but still. It's frustrating.

A resounding YES.

You need tens/hundreds of thousands of tech frags to buy and upgrade your implants, and that's assuming you are going to be sharing/swapping them between characters. If you actually want to gear up alts, you are going to need many hundreds of thousands of tech frags.

The drop rate/earning rate of tech frags from heroics and solo/story content is atrociously small and needs to be increased 10-100x.

Alternatively, implants should go into collections and the upgrade cost should be dropped from 6500 to something like 650.

I have all Tank implants on 330. Yes two for jug, two for sin and two for PT. BUT WAIT thats not enough I also have sorcerer on 330 AND since I raid on two servers I also have the entire tank set on another server as well also in 330!

And that is 273000?

Sorc: 330, 330 - 39k

Sin: 330, 330 (twice) - 78k

Jug: 330, 330 (twice) - 78k

PT: 330, 330 (twice) - 78k

Can confirm this does not take years.