KotFE Chapter X veteran mode problems

ISitOnGnomes

I've managed to make it to the end, but I cannot for the life of me do anything to the two bosses at the end. My companion just dies right away, and then I die shortly afterwards. I think the best I did was get 1 to half health. Am I supposed to be all geared out before attempting this, or not on a sentinel? I've tried looking for guides online, but can't seem to find anything to help.

Concentration Sentinels are doing very well in the output department. But the VM chapters were never a cakewalk and that chapter is particularly tedious throughout with the final fight being challenging.

‏‏‎ ‎

• What is your Discipline?
  • What is your player level?
  • What is your gear iRating?
  • What is your Tactical, if any?
  • What role is your companion in (DPS, Tank, or Healer)?

Edited by mike_carton

The balance has been bad in Vet and MM Chapters since they were first added. Bioware doesn't really balance Chapters. Some fights may be impossible with certain combat roles or disciplines. Sentinel is more of an offense class, so it doesn't have good defensive cooldowns or crowd control abilities, but that's what you need to solo hard content. I'm not saying it's impossible to beat this fight with Sentinel, but it's going to be much harder. Maybe you have to play perfectly and get good luck (enemies missing or not getting critical hits).

For the fight you are referring to, I used a Sage and used Force Lift to disable one of the bosses for 60 seconds. That gave me time to kill the other first. So, I would try one of these classes: Sage / Sorcerer or Commando / Mercenary. Each of them has a 60 second disable ability. Scoundrel / Operative and Shadow / Assassin also have one, but theirs can't be used in combat. I don't remember if that fight starts in combat or not. Another option you have is to get someone else to help whether it be a friend, guildmate, or someone from general chat.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Can't really help abou sentinels, but I managed to kill them both with comp on tanking and heroic moment + the legacy buff that reduce dmg.

Bad news tho... That's not the end, but halfway bosses... Final one is the other, and you get the gs2 objective killing him even if the chapter isn't actually ended

‏‎ ‎

Combat which i have found out is apparently gimped even though its what i find enjoyable to play. so much for playing what's fun.
    level 80
    only 321 because i dislike all the pvp content i have to do to get the better gear, and haven't been too motivated to play since 7.0 released
    luck always changes. not sure what im supposed to use since they got rid of fanged god
    healer, but i should try tank since she's just dying anyhow

Edited by ISitOnGnomes

‏‎ ‎

Combat which i have found out is apparently gimped even though its what i find enjoyable to play. so much for playing what's fun.
    level 80
    only 321 because i dislike all the pvp content i have to do to get the better gear, and haven't been too motivated to play since 7.0 released
    luck always changes. not sure what im supposed to use since they got rid of fanged god
    healer, but i should try tank since she's just dying anyhow

It used to be a pleasure in 6.x to be able to say that all Disciplines are viable. Unfortunately, that’s not true in 7.0 when it comes to moderately difficult content like VM chapters. I have Arsenal/Gunnery characters that feel significantly weaker than Concentration/Fury even in similar 330 gear. Combat/Carnage is even weaker now than Arsenal/Gunnery.

With the same gear, your character would output more DPS in Concentration Discipline. But, if staying in Combat Discipline, I’d

- Gear up a bit more

- Use “Andeddu’s Malevolence” tactical for single target and “Tome of Unyielding Blades” for AoE

- Use “Fearless Victor” and “Berserker’s Call” implants

- Leave companion on healing

Edited by mike_carton

Thank you for your help. I'll look into switching to a different spec. Sadly I don't have my implants yet as i've been plagued by bugs and not being rewarded points towards completion of the mission to gain access to them. The current customer service advice of 'just finish it' is less than helpful.

Thank you for your help. I'll look into switching to a different spec. Sadly I don't have my implants yet as i've been plagued by bugs and not being rewarded points towards completion of the mission to gain access to them. The current customer service advice of 'just finish it' is less than helpful.

I've had issues with that as well. Completing Conquest in a week contributes 34 points towards the 100. If you have a saved Personal Conquest item from Login Rewards consuming it will complete Conquest instantly. You could then complete PvP matches to get the remaining 66 points as each PvP match offers 10 points regardless of the outcome. I'd avoid GSF which does not contribute to progress.

I'd avoid GSF which does not contribute to progress.

I wish I had known about the bug before I had done GSF for the seasons goal, and inadvertantly screwed myself out of those points. It would be really helpful if they added a line of text to the mission description stating it was a known bug rather than just assuming every player will read the list of bugs before doing any random in game activity.

Edited by ISitOnGnomes

Yeah, i've finally just thrown in the towel and given up. Between the frustration caused from the gameplay changes, and the increasingly toxic playerbase, in game, I think i'm just gonna take a break from swtor. I clearly came back at a bad time at the end of 6.x and got a false impression of the game. I appreciate your help everyone, and may the force be with you.

My main is a vigilance guardian, and I'm considering doing Vet and Master modes in the future for achievement purposes. I don't how much 7.0 has changed things in terms of classes and stats, so I'm seeking recommendations.
in my limited experience, having decent crowd control is vital to doing veteran modes: The incoming damage at those difficulties seems to require you be able to 'lock down' a foe while you deal with the other mobs (In chapter X, the elite knights can obliterate your health pool really quickly so my Merc usually had to use concussion missile on them while dealing with the rest of the pull).

My attempt to do Heskal's test on my own Vigilance Knight a couple of weeks ago was crushed by the initial 'two elites' phase but I found the entire chapter quite manageable when I ran it on a character with actual CC.

in my limited experience, having decent crowd control is vital to doing veteran modes

VM was broken in 6.x already, and because of the new "balancing" it got even worse with 7.0. If a boss is child's play compared to gold mobs, we are talking about a bug, nothing else. If BW thinks that on one hand messing with the overall balance big time is a-ok, but on the other hand not fixing any issues cropping up from that is also a-ok, they are gravely mistaken.

Except when it doesn't. Like for my Guardian last week. And for my Guardian this week.

For the last couple weeks, I have not been given progress at all on the tracker for completing conquest on any characters currently on that mission. I'm not sure if one of their hotfixes messed it up or it just broke on its own. But I'm not sure if anybody is currently getting their 34 points for completing conquest.