999/999 cap is game breaking

OrionSol

I've maxed out

999/999 weekly on

Medals of Commendation

Aquatic Resource Matrix

Thyrsian Production Accelerant

and....

I've preloaded for next week with half a dozen unclaimed mission rewards on a dozen of level 80 toons....

I've run out of things to do this week.

I've maxed out

999/999 weekly on

Medals of Commendation

Aquatic Resource Matrix

and....

I've preloaded for next week with half a dozen unclaimed mission rewards on a dozen of level 80 toons....

Bioware's interpretation:

"Please nerf reward currency across the board."

I max those every week too. It's very disappointing. Plus I don't dare spending my aquatic resource matrixes because I don't want to end up with 11k tech fragments but no more matrixes to use on legendaries.

It's a major PITA.

I don't even bother "banking" rewards because I know I'll max next week too...

I admire your ability to max out ARM I have trouble getting them XD

But here's a solution I propose:

Let ppl stock their extra ARM/whatever new currencies in personal/legacy banks like the Jawa scraps.

Make them bound to legacy so that they can't be sold on GTN.

What is game breaking is that once you have 999/999 you can't claim more (such as from the Galactic Season Unlocked Rewards). Why not let more than 999/999 just disappear rather than give me a message saying "Claiming this Reward will put you over the cap for this currency" and stop me from taking the other reward?

What is game breaking is that once you have 999/999 you can't claim more (such as from the Galactic Season Unlocked Rewards). Why not let more than 999/999 just disappear rather than give me a message saying "Claiming this Reward will put you over the cap for this currency" and stop me from taking the other reward?

No, you can claim more when you hit the weekly goal as long as you're not at 999.

So if you buy a gear upgrade, and go down to 960 or something, you'll be able to claim the season reward - you won't get the medal obviously but you'll be able to get the other one.

Some things I do when I'm running close to the max:

-Move to another character and begin working on their gear sets.

I have 5 characters I'm using in 7.0 as of now.

1 Assassin Tank/ Sorc

1 Pub Side Gunslinger/ Merc

1 Merc/ Sniper

1 Merc/ Gunslinger

1 Operative/Vanguard

With these, I know I have access to, and should build towards having (depending on character)

DPS set (potentially multiple for sorc, sniper/gunslinger, and merc)

Tank Set (potentially 2 for vanguard and assassin)

Heal Set (potentially 3 for operative, merc, and sorc)

So I'm rarely maxed or capped since I'm usually spending in some fashion or another. If I am capped, I look towards what weeklies I haven't finished whether they be master mode flashpoints, ground pvp, gsf, operations etc. Since I can repeat many of these 3 times on every character I use then I typically have something left to strive for. And, if I'm capped, to me, that's ok since the true value of the weeklies in most cases are the gear boxes that contain the possible gear upgrades, and my focus becomes more on tech frags and building points to unlock or upgrade the legendary implants.

If all else fails, I have a project character at level 71 that I would then start progressing on for the purpose of being another back up character to my main if I need it for my raid team or some random farm like a Nefra. If those fail, I can take a character from the shelf and start progressing them (that allows me to have a fall back of 3 more characters to work on)

If I'm totally 100 percent out on every character, well, maybe I branch into stuff that I don't normally do like a world boss group, or story mode operations, or head off to my strongholds and further their progress, or consider touching some of those Alliance Alerts I avoid like the plague (and I will still never forgive BW for killing companions like they did in Kotfe/Kotet. I hate it still to this day). And if all that fails, there's still achievements out in the open world I might keep going on.

Hope any or all or some of these help with feeling like there's nothing left.

I just ran into this last night myself with the uhhh, errr, I don't know. They have introduced so many new currencies that I can't remember them all. Not to mention all the armors that sound alike - Noble Decurion, Elite Decurion, Silly Decurion, etc

Its hardly game breaking, but it is a disincentive as I have said in the countless other threads about this topic, which I'm sure you are following and yet still decided to make another thread. I agree it should be raised, a few thousand would be an improvement, even 10k. I agree with you, but don't spam the forums with essentially duplicate threads.

I've maxed out

999/999 weekly on

Medals of Commendation

Aquatic Resource Matrix

working as intented. bioware doesn't want you to burn through their gear refresh so soon.

a few PTS builds ago, the weekly cap was only something like 600/600

and....

start another server, satele shan, darth malgus, tutak hord, leviathan. if you max out on all 5 servers with your main account. Consider subbing on a second account and repeating the business Edited by Falensawino

I've maxed out

999/999 weekly on

Medals of Commendation

Aquatic Resource Matrix

and....

^This.

I have 7 80s. The cap size is game breaking. A few lines of code would easily alter this limit based on the number of max level characters in a legacy. 1000 for up to 2 80s. 2000 for 4. 4000 for 8. ect. Would be easy to fix.

I just ran into this last night myself with the uhhh, errr, I don't know. They have introduced so many new currencies that I can't remember them all. Not to mention all the armors that sound alike - Noble Decurion, Elite Decurion, Silly Decurion, etc

Ran into this problem this morning too. No characters at level 80 yet so I don't know that I even have any Aquatic Resources (certainly can't find them anywhere in any character inventory or currencies at least). So until I can play along with this convoluted gear shuffle they dreamed up, I can't get my GS tokens?

Just another example of how poorly thought out everything in 7.0 appears to have been.

I have a lot of respect for what development teams have to go through, believe me. But at some point, you need to have someone who really has the ability to see how everything will work for real in a live environment, not just in a planned, optimized, "controlled environment" way. And then make adjustments to the plan if it doesn't match up between the two after testing.

This is clearly missing on on the SWTOR team. There's just no other way to see it.

I'm just waiting for my sub to run out at this point. I play less than at any time since I came back in December 2019, to scratch the itch of wanting to play a bounty hunter again when the Mandalorian hit. I'd played off and on since launch, during breaks from other games, but I've been a steady subscriber here since that return.

Or - hear me out - you could ignore the caps and just play whatever you enjoy. 🤔

Yep that's what i do and it works great. (except for the whole 'Galactic Seasons' can't-claim-rewards inconvenience, which i must admit is somewhat aggravating and demonstrates a lack of forethought on part of BioWare)

However, i'm also not a power-gamer.

I couldn't imagine what it must be like for hardcore players w/ multiple ALTs & such. Heck, it only takes me like an hour to max out Tech Frags & Medals of Commendations and i'm just a loyal "casual" w/ 2 mains.

Here's another thread on this same topic btw: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1002782

Perhaps, if limiting the effect of power-gamers is such a big issue , BioWare could keep the Daily caps but at least increase the WEEKLY caps? It just seems counter-intuative (for most humans) to feel like their gameplay & grind isn't yielding something in return. ( XP , tokens, progress, etc. )

p.s. i sorta miss the overall 'Renown' bar , since it reminded me of ESO's 'Champion' bar. ( something of a psuedo end-point to the grind , which players like me probably wont' ever reach but still enjoy watching it gain :cool: )

Edited by Nee-Elder

Or - hear me out - you could ignore the caps and just play whatever you enjoy. 🤔

I do this as well. I easily hit conquest on more then 5 characters for the medal of Commendation cap, and have no issues with the PvP currency either. Doesn't stop me from swapping characters and continue playing what so ever.

I can only tolerate doing so many Dailies/heroics in a day I'm lucky to hit 500 ARM's a week. Luckily I don't really need many of them for how I've geared anyway.

Edited by Toraak

Indeed. At least with the 1.0 Planetary Commendations (shudder), it was clear where they came from and where you could spend them. This system is ridiculous: you can only have x number of currency A, but you can only spend them if you have enough of currency B AND enough of currency C, but you can't spend them on anything else, and we'll keep bugging you endlessly every time you get any of currency A, which you get all the time. Oh, but once you earn the weekly cap on currency A, you can't earn any more, even if you've spent them all, but you'll still get nagged about hitting the cap.

Of course, you only get currencies B and C if you do the content we dev managers like. We don't give a womp rat's left hind leg what you players want to do with your time. Ops experts and PVPers, you're cool; crafters, roleplayers and casuals, you can all go hug a jawa, your dollars and time aren't worthy of any respect or rewards.

(not that I'm bitter or anything... :cool: )

While I understand BioWare's need to not have players gear up too quickly (cos time played = money), I think we need to put a cap on the number of characters per account who can earn full rewards for participating in Personal Conquest. Like, after 3 characters on the account get the full reward, subsequent toons who complete a personal conquest earn lesser rewards (say, 75 Medals versus the full 200). As an added bonus, since only 3 toons per account would earn full rewards, it might force the mega-family Conquest guilds to actually prioritize 1 or 2 guilds and make the rest of their stable of guilds "alt guilds", opening up the leaderboard a bit...I don't know about you, but two-thirds of the 30 leaderboard spots of a standard 3-planet week being occupied by guilds whose ownership can be traced back to just 3 unique account-holders doesn't really sit well with most folks (and I say that as someone who was once part of a mega-guild). Edited by TheRealKingCrazy

I'm someone who has enjoyed 7.0 for the most part so far, but even I disagree with this. The content bioware has provided in 7.0 is a very small story and a gear grind... the raid and daily area was delayed. So there's very little content that isn't an old rehash of stuff we've had for 10 years. Since that's the case, why are they limiting the scraps of content they threw to players? When u say do the content you enjoy, what does that mean? You want ppl to farm all old content for no rewards?

Yep that's what i do and it works great. (except for the whole 'Galactic Seasons' can't-claim-rewards inconvenience, which i must admit is somewhat aggravating and demonstrates a lack of forethought on part of BioWare)

However, i'm also not a power-gamer.

I couldn't imagine what it must be like for hardcore players w/ multiple ALTs & such. Heck, it only takes me like an hour to max out Tech Frags & Medals of Commendations and i'm just a loyal "casual" w/ 2 mains.

Here's another thread on this same topic btw: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1002782

Perhaps, if limiting the effect of power-gamers is such a big issue , BioWare could keep the Daily caps but at least increase the WEEKLY caps? It just seems counter-intuative (for most humans) to feel like their gameplay & grind isn't yielding something in return. ( XP , tokens, progress, etc. )

p.s. i sorta miss the overall 'Renown' bar , since it reminded me of ESO's 'Champion' bar. ( something of a psuedo end-point to the grind , which players like me probably wont' ever reach but still enjoy watching it gain :cool: )

Curious how you manage to cap tech fragments in one hour.

I said "like" an hour , but yeah it was a bit of an exaggeration.

I guess what i should've said is: It FEELS like i cap them practically every hour, since i never have anything to spend them on and i see that gosh darn "You are close to reaching X limit!!!!!" pop-up onscreen so much :eek:

Edited by Nee-Elder

I personally started out 7.0 with max tech fragments ( on more than one toon) ! And until the big BUG in the "Malgus fight" is fixed I have no plans on messing with the rest of the game. ;)

IMO there is more than one place where the cap is obviously set extremely now for the expressed purpose of "slowing down" the progression of anything connected to that "currency" regardless of what it is called ( in this case "tech fragments").

[/shrugs] It is what it is...

not that there is that much to really buy with them anyways.

I said "like" an hour , but yeah it was a bit of an exaggeration.

I guess what i should've said is: It FEELS like i cap them practically every hour, since i never have anything to spend them on and i see that gosh darn "You are close to reaching X limit!!!!!" pop-up onscreen so much :eek:

Curious thing about those pop-ups.

I regularly go preferred, and one of the things that bothers me while playing like that are the constant pop ups about being too close to 1mill credit limit. The actual limit does not even bother me that much because i can craft what i need and i already have most of the unlocks and cosmetics i need.

I'm not the only one, so having these low limits in multiple currencies providing endless pop-ups to most actions is a PITA, and subscribers should not suffer it.

I personally started out 7.0 with max tech fragments ( on more than one toon) ! And until the big BUG in the "Malgus fight" is fixed I have no plans on messing with the rest of the game. ;)

IMO there is more than one place where the cap is obviously set extremely now for the expressed purpose of "slowing down" the progression of anything connected to that "currency" regardless of what it is called ( in this case "tech fragments").

[/shrugs] It is what it is...

not that there is that much to really buy with them anyways.

Things to spend tech fragments:

Priority:

*Legendary items (and its upgrades): 6.5k each

Then there are two options:

*Small things: Tacticals if you need for variations/alts or if your are missing a set piece play rullette with rng box from kay zyken.

*Go big: 10k for a gold augment mat from ops/ranked. Can sell for a LOT in gtn.

Things to spend tech fragments:

Priority:

*Legendary items (and its upgrades): 6.5k each

Then there are two options:

*Small things: Tacticals if you need for variations/alts or if your are missing a set piece play rullette with rng box from kay zyken.

*Go big: 10k for a gold augment mat from ops/ranked. Can sell for a LOT in gtn.

TYVM ... I'll look into this as soon as they get the BUG fixed !!

Edited by OlBuzzard