Victorious Pioneer leveling set not providing any XP bonus at level 75

-Spc

Using Victorious Pioneer leveling set does not provide any XP boosts.

- Without set i get: 905,297 XP

- With set i ge the same: 905,297 XP

It's a class mission level 75.

Mission:

https://torcommunity.com/database/mission/lW218oD/hostage+exchange/

So this set provides 0% XP boost, i have all 7 pieces on my toon.

It's not in outfitter but on gear tab, so it's correctly used.

Can someone please check ?

:confused:

Yeah, they conveniently forgot to tell us this leveling set is worthless now. What this tells you is that anything you have now, or may acquire in the future, no matter how difficult, at any moment they will decide.... "nah, we no longer recognize your accomplishments in this game"

Is this a bit of an exaggeration? Sure, but it's how we are feeling after *every* single expansion this studio has ever put out. The balance of frustrating verses interesting does not balance out until months of bug fixess, and the expacs arent worth playing until then (if they are at all).

I'm absolutely disgusted what they've done with it.

Given that Bioware made no effort to acknowledge the work we put in to get this armor, I expect to log in one day and this armor we labored to get will either be converted to useless appearance gear with no xp boost or removed from the game entirely.

A missing tool tip or description is the least of my worries about the gear.

Thanks.

Problem is this armor doesn't have any information that it only works to level 74.

Other sets do have information on them.

:(

Perhaps using the suggestion box or bug forum will bring about a better outcome regarding updating the description.

Yeah, they conveniently forgot to tell us this leveling set is worthless now. What this tells you is that anything you have now, or may acquire in the future, no matter how difficult, at any moment they will decide.... "nah, we no longer recognize your accomplishments in this game"

Is this a bit of an exaggeration? Sure, but it's how we are feeling after *every* single expansion this studio has ever put out. The balance of frustrating verses interesting does not balance out until months of bug fixess, and the expacs arent worth playing until then (if they are at all).

Um yeah, a 'bit' of exaggeration. That set hasn't provided any boost over level 50 (or so) since it's release. 🙄

Biggest problem in this game are levels.

I have to level my 40 toons to level 80, so i can do operations and harder group stuff.

and now even this set is not working anymore.

This really blows.

:mad:

Hi folks,

With 7.0, we transitioned away from armor-based set bonuses and as part of this we stopped all set bonus effects from applying beyond level 75. This includes the Victorious Pioneer's Set, so it is working as intended. The Set will still grant exp bonuses for players below level 75. We'll be keeping communication open regarding ways for players to level alts more quickly from level 75+.

players had to do too much to obtain this set to just forget and ignore it.

Edited by illgot

players had to do too much to obtain this set to just forget and ignore it.

I have used that set a lot to level up alts. I usually wait for a double XP event to mess with leveling new characters. However, at no time using that set during a double XP event did I level up faster than I did while playing a (non-rested state) level 75 character with no boosts playing the LotS Manaan story missions.

So if your character isn't ready for that part of the story, then I suppose it's more disappointing as the other content doesn't come close to providing the XP that the LotS story does. But for characters that are ready to advance that part of the story, that set is totally pointless.

I have used that set a lot to level up alts. I usually wait for a double XP event to mess with leveling new characters. However, at no time using that set during a double XP event did I level up faster than I did while playing a (non-rested state) level 75 character with no boosts playing the LotS Manaan story missions.

So if your character isn't ready for that part of the story, then I suppose it's more disappointing as the other content doesn't come close to providing the XP that the LotS story does. But for characters that are ready to advance that part of the story, that set is totally pointless.

lol none of my characters are anywhere near that story point. I still haven't seen the area and probably never will even though I have 8 level 80s now.

Locking that whole area behind the story is poor design. The devs can look at how many characters have finished all the story content and I'm betting the majority have not. Locking access to the new area via story was a bad choice.

Edited by illgot

Um yeah, a 'bit' of exaggeration. That set hasn't provided any boost over level 50 (or so) since it's release. 🙄

It has absolutely worked to increase xp earned prior to level 75. It may not be providing as noticeable of a boost at the higher levels, but at least it worked. Not sure where you are getting your data from. If you have some, please link screenshots. According to yellow name Community Team, it is at least intended to be working up to 75, even if I disagree with that decision and would advocate to change that.

lol none of my characters are anywhere near that story point. I still haven't seen the area and probably never will even though I have 8 level 80s now.

Locking that whole area behind the story is poor design. The devs can look at how many characters have finished all the story content and I'm betting the majority have not. Locking access to the new area via story was a bad choice.

I think it was just standard practice. The part that was botched was not getting the related daily area working and ready at the same time the story released.

This game now has long periods between expansions and when I don't really have anything else to do, I try getting characters caught up in the main story stuff. But I've only taken 4 or 5 through the Manaan story so far, but haven't taken any through the new flashpoint. I figured I'd wait for the reported Elom FP bugs to get fixed first. Besides, I already played through that FP a few times on the PTS.