Bolsterizer REMOVED

Ishvaran

The Bolsterizer terminal has been removed from both fleet training areas, as well as its location in the Stronghold PvP areas. Does anyone know why? :eek:

I see nothing about it in the patch notes. Is there a new way to preview your bolstered stats?

Whether bolster exists or not, there's still something that does the same thing. Upon reaching rishi the 'bolster' effect goes into place. These stats are 1:1 to PvP bolster. So far I have seen a nearly full set of 326 with one 306 being power capped way harsher than just wearing a full 306.

There are some serious issues with the power cap for example using 320 conquest gear, you are capped at 6917 power. Even if you have more on the fleet, nope can't have it in 'bolstered' areas. I hope the full set of 326 doesn't get affected by it but I don't have my hopes up.

Whether bolster exists or not, there's still something that does the same thing. Upon reaching rishi the 'bolster' effect goes into place. These stats are 1:1 to PvP bolster. So far I have seen a nearly full set of 326 with one 306 being power capped way harsher than just wearing a full 306.

There are some serious issues with the power cap for example using 320 conquest gear, you are capped at 6917 power. Even if you have more on the fleet, nope can't have it in 'bolstered' areas. I hope the full set of 326 doesn't get affected by it but I don't have my hopes up.

I don't know why they just can't bring back expertise and the 4.X progression system they had in pvp. What was wrong with pvp gear and letting us have legacy warzone comms to gear up quickly? It also made doing lowbies with alts meaningful because you could earn comms and have enough to buy gear by the time you reached cap.

I just don't understand what BioWare is doing. Why go through this much effort to have so many different sets of gear but not just give us pvp gear back with a pvp stat? Their scaling/bolstering never really works that well and it seems to me like it would literally be just easier to go back to having a pvp stat than having a convoluted bolster/scale system,

Edited by Raansu

I don't know why they just can't bring back expertise and the 4.X progression system they had in pvp. What was wrong with pvp gear and letting us have legacy warzone comms to gear up quickly? It also made doing lowbies with alts meaningful because you could earn comms and have enough to buy gear by the time you reached cap.

I just don't understand what BioWare is doing. Why go through this much effort to have so many different sets of gear but not just give us pvp gear back with a pvp stat? Their scaling/bolstering never really works that well and it seems to me like it would literally be just easier to go back to having a pvp stat than having a convoluted bolster/scale system,

It was the superior system for pvp gearing. And it was made perfect when they let us turn the pvp comms into chips to store extras for our Alts. 3 months later they launched 5.0 and ruined the best pvp gearing system they have ever had.

Edited by Totemdancer

I have no idea what you're talking about with expertise and the old progression system. In 6.x, anyone could be competitive in PVP as long as they had the right tactical even without a set bonus. Occasionally you'd see true baby seals with defense stats on a DPS character, of course. But even someone in all 270 gear without set bonus could contribute as long as they had the correct tactical for their class/spec.

With expertise, you'd have people who would join WZs with mismatched gear where they mixed expertise mods with non-expertise and had less than optimal expertise, which bolster wouldn't fix since it didn't calculate down to the mod/enhancement level, just at the gear slot. I can't recall the exact expertise max (let's say 1900), but you'd have someone with 900 expertise because they weren't geared properly to take advantage of bolster getting absolutely lit up.

Expertise gear just isn't possible with the way all content is bolstered now.

It's just crazy at this point that they don't just get rid of gear entirely for PVP, everyone has the same stats, and you get to pick your set bonus/legendary item/tactical or whatever and that's it. PVP rewards only cosmetic items and mats for crafting. Problem solved.

I have no idea what you're talking about with expertise and the old progression system. In 6.x, anyone could be competitive in PVP as long as they had the right tactical even without a set bonus. Occasionally you'd see true baby seals with defense stats on a DPS character, of course. But even someone in all 270 gear without set bonus could contribute as long as they had the correct tactical for their class/spec.

This just isn't true. Bolster didn't come close to closing the gap to someone who had their full BiS 306 set piece that were augmented. You were forced to do pve to be viable in pvp. If you came in with 270 gear you were a free kill. Sure if you were left alone and sort of knew how to play you could put up decent numbers, but you weren't going to live long once someone jumped you and in ranked you'd just be dead weight.