The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

This is going to take for ever to get gear

TheOverMind-

Unranked

1 token for a loss

3 token for a win

>>You need 14 pieces<<

Each pieces cost 40 to 55 tokens to get 316 rating item.

Only weekly is worth it. BUT!

You only need 4 wins... you have 1 week to get it. Many trolls from pve are not playing objectives so you loss. You loss and you loss several times before getting 1 win. I have no fun at all. Enough said

Ya I don't get the teams aversion to allowing pvpers to gear up smoothly, especially now that we "sort of" have pvp gear back. Its not like the gear you can buy from pvp is better than the pve stuff and you can get the pve stuff 10x faster from the flashpoint runs.

I like to play a lot of alts in pvp. I don't just stick to one character otherwise I'd get bored out of my mind. Gearing alts is going to be a slog.

Edited by Raansu

Ya I don't get the teams aversion to allowing pvpers to gear up smoothly, especially now that we "sort of" have pvp gear back. Its not like the gear you can buy from pvp is better than the pve stuff and you can get the pve stuff 10x faster from the flashpoint runs.

I like to play a lot of alts in pvp. I don't just stick to one character otherwise I'd get bored out of my mind. Gearing alts is going to be a slog.

Isn't pvp gear supposed to be better for pvp than the other gear? i heard it was, once you upgrade it, if i'm wrong about this please tell me so that i don't waste my time trying to level it up, might as well level FP gear, much easier

Is there an actual pvp gear?

All I got was some green 312 gear from the story that's actually worse than 306 gear that I already have.

Yeah, there are two new pvp gear vendors in the same area where you cash in ranked tokens and all that in Combat Section of Fleet.

Isn't pvp gear supposed to be better for pvp than the other gear? i heard it was, once you upgrade it, if i'm wrong about this please tell me so that i don't waste my time trying to level it up, might as well level FP gear, much easier

I honestly don't know. I haven't really looked at pve gear stats yet. All I know is the pvp and pve gear upgrade caps out at 326 and any raid gear you wear above that will be lowered to 326 in warzones. There's no pvp stat though, so I imagine the gear isn't really any different outside of likely stat distributions.

Edited by Raansu

I was actually looking forward to the pvp gear grind a bit. Gives me something to do. But yeah after seeing how brutally slow the currency accumulation is, it will take a year of queueing several times a day just to gear up one character. It's just not worth it.

The crappy 320 green conquest gear will have to be good enough until they tone down the requirements or give more currency for matches, especially wins.

Edited by waisting

I honestly don't know. I haven't really looked at pve gear stats yet. All I know is the pvp and pve gear upgrade caps out at 326 and any raid gear you wear above that will be lowered to 326 in warzones. There's no pvp stat though, so I imagine the gear isn't really any different outside of likely stat distributions.

man i wish i could get a solid answer for this, 326 gear is so easy doing FPS, and with losses not counting towards the weekly it's brutal to gear through that method. played for hours yesterday and barely won like 6

Yeah, there are two new pvp gear vendors in the same area where you cash in ranked tokens and all that in Combat Section of Fleet.

I didn't know that tbh. I'll check it out for sure.

Is the expertise back as well?

One more question, about implants with set bonuses, are there new set bonuses or did we get the same old one's that we already had with 306 gear?

I apologize for all the questions, I've been away for a year and all my friends stopped playing over the years. Most of the time I play pvp and this new gearing system isn't like a previous one.

Thanks for the heads up about the pvp vendors.

No Expertise back and is a pity.

Anyway, help me out understand one thing as far as you guys know: pvp vendors in fleet sells pvp gear and is clear, in the degree that you can buy gear with the commendations coming from pvp tokens and pvp weeklies. Clear.

How will you guys manage to reach stats breakpoints with such gear? I've read that in further patches some moddable gear will come but will drop only from operations, is that correct? If that's so, will the pvp IR still be capped at 326 making useless to farm these moddable stuff?

I play pvp only, and I would hate to be forced to play pve to be more competitive.

Thank you in advance.

Anyway, help me out understand one thing as far as you guys know: pvp vendors in fleet sells pvp gear and is clear, in the degree that you can buy gear with the commendations coming from pvp tokens and pvp weeklies. Clear.

How will you guys manage to reach stats breakpoints with such gear? I've read that in further patches some moddable gear will come but will drop only from operations, is that correct? If that's so, will the pvp IR still be capped at 326 making useless to farm these moddable stuff?

I play pvp only, and I would hate to be forced to play pve to be more competitive.

Thank you in advance.

You'll have to mix and match pieces that have different stat distributions.....or do nightmare raiding to get your moddable set. That said, with the new scaling system I have no idea how those mods will function in pvp since you get scaled down now instead of the game scaling you up like it did in 6.0

Thank you in advance.

You mean how will we maximize our stats? Well, with unmodabble gear, we can't.

We've been forced to play pve before, remember Ossus and later, 306 gear? I did who knows how many Master Flashpoints just to gear up and most of those I did alone with companion on my Dec sin.

306 still works well. I am not worried about "gearing" until "gearing" becomes a thing. In 306, i melt the 322 gearing fanatics.

Cause your stat mix is better than that static 322 gear ****. Wait till 7.1 and you have NiM Ops guys with better optimised stat distribution and you’ll be as upset as you were during 6.0

Not sure what you mean. PVP gear is the fastest way to get 326 gear, if you do it with the weekly mission boxes (of which you can get up to 6 in the first week, because GSF have extra weekly missions). Got my 4th Item to 326 through pvp already, playing 1-2 h pvp/gsf per day so far since wednesday (with a win-rate of approx. 50%).

Not sure what you mean. PVP gear is the fastest way to get 326 gear, if you do it with the weekly mission boxes (of which you can get up to 6 in the first week, because GSF have extra weekly missions). Got my 4th Item to 326 through pvp already, playing 1-2 h pvp/gsf per day so far since wednesday (with a win-rate of approx. 50%).

Fastest? No

Actually there is two kind of gear PVE and PVP

330 is from pve (operations) and 326 is the cap for (pvp ranked).

1 green thyrisian (pvp piece) cost 55 thyrisian token. You have to get 14 pieces of them. Total 770. This is 316. I think you have to upgrade it 5 times so total is 3850 tokens it takes to get full 326

Only weekly gives 55 tokens? Not even daily. So you have to make a lot of toons to acheive several weeklies and you are forced to do them quickly before each week it resets. So if you don't have time in your week for some reasons and you did half of your mission accomplishment. It's in vain. Sadly.

Where do you find 50% approx of win? Lmao.

Imagine all the time it requires now? Make the math.

Edited by TheOverMind-

I dont know who in their right mind would buy 316 from the vendor, you open the chests from weeklies and upgrade what you get.

Sure if you only PvP on one toon and only PvP it can take a while, but if you combine it with lets say flashpoints you will be geared in no time. I did MM Flashpoints and PvP Weeklies on 2 characters and have some 326,324 and 322 pieces, next week I can easily get to all purple 326 from PvP.

What you can do is save your weekly pvp chests and get your item rating up with conquest or flashpoint gear, then when youre up there in the 324s and 326s you can pop the chest and get 324 or 326 piece purple pvp gear directly which only needs 1 upgrade or no upgrade at all.

What you can do is save your weekly pvp chests and get your item rating up with conquest or flashpoint gear, then when youre up there in the 324s and 326s you can pop the chest and get 324 or 326 piece purple pvp gear directly which only needs 1 upgrade or no upgrade at all.

Oh hey that's a great idea, thanks for pointing that out. Maybe it should have been obvious but I was eager to pop open those crates and see what kind of gear I got.

I dont know who in their right mind would buy 316 from the vendor, you open the chests from weeklies and upgrade what you get.

Sure if you only PvP on one toon and only PvP it can take a while, but if you combine it with lets say flashpoints you will be geared in no time. I did MM Flashpoints and PvP Weeklies on 2 characters and have some 326,324 and 322 pieces, next week I can easily get to all purple 326 from PvP.

This is so convoluted. They should just bring warzone comms back. Needing to pve to gear quickly for pvp is so dumb.