7.0 Thoughts

ArkhamBatz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Switching combat styles completely screws up action bars. There is no easy way (at least that I've found) to counteract this. Loadouts does not save the bars. Switching combat styles takes way too long to redo action bars *every single freaking time*. Bars need to be savable somehow, or combat styles is going to be 95% useless.

I have set up a second combat style on 2 alts, 1 saves the action bars when I switch, 1 doesn't so from this I'm concluding its a bug.

I just played through JK side of things. I have two thoughts:

1) It needs more Theron.

and

2) It needs more Theron and Quinn.

Extra bonus thought (can't have it roaming around in my mind alone...must share...)

3) Thank you for making the Selkath we deal with speak decent basic. I dreaded the wet fart sound they made before.

And one more bonus thought...

4) All the new changes with armor and such are confusing and complicated and unfun. I liked it so much better when we could just get a piece after earning x number of widgets and wear said piece and be uber.

Edited by Lunafox

the 7.0 update's have make things more a mess then do something good more.

the skill tree is a big mess for players that have a lvl 75 char before the update was live.

the char sheet has become to big more and it was before the update fine to have a small one more but its become to big more the old one was much better.

the new content is so crap more and needs to become more then a story line for 1-2 hour.

and i am thinking more what has the 2 month's extra delay now give us?

so far i see that the 2 extra month's delay has done notting good also with the update.

I am thoroughly enjoying playing 7.0.

I started a Smuggler with a Powertech, which gives a completely different feel to the class storyline.

I like the new tree system of choosing between direct dps, aoe, and defense/healing. Very well thought out, and making even those going with the same tree having completely different play style. Brilliant.

Also, being able to choose a second class for each character is great, as well.

Very good job Bioware.

Having to choose between force choke, blade blitz or undying rage for my marauder is not well thought out. Its a horrible design.

If the sheer uproar and panic from the PTS couldn't change their mind, they definitely wont change their mind now that its released to the wild. If they actually cared they would have scrapped the entire thing and started over and just give us the story update alone to hold us over.

This.

Having to choose between force choke, blade blitz or undying rage for my marauder is not well thought out. Its a horrible design.
They want to create a choice of play styles between direct attack (force choke), aoe (blade blitz), or utility (undying rage).

This logic in this is brilliant in that even those using the same trees will have different play styles.

Edited by Paul_Cousins

They want to create a choice of play styles between direct attack (force choke), aoe (blade blitz), or utility (undying rage).

This logic in this is brilliant in that even those using the same trees will have different play styles.

NO ONE used blade blitz for its aoe. It was used for mobility and mobility only. It was a mostly worthless skill and still is, which leads to choosing between CC or a defensive CD which is incredibly BS for pvp because they also outright removed roar and obfuscate so if you go with UR you literally have ZERO stuns now.

Those "choices" do not create different playstyles. They outright cripple the class and it shows bioware knows nothing about the core class designs and they definitely do not pvp at all.

At this point I don't think even the devs themselves want this. This feels like someone above them who's not actually familiar with how this game works just gave them a series of mandates for them on the basis of "this game is 10 years old now, we need to 'modernize' it".

That's the only way I can imagine so many unpopular changes on this scale that run contrary to the previous direction changes have gone.

Those "choices" do not create different playstyles. They outright cripple the class and it shows bioware knows nothing about the core class designs and they definitely do not pvp at all.

After the old guard left BioWare clearly become the refuge of the frustrated novel writer. They clearly would rather bee working on a linear cutscene heavy single player RPG, or at least a tie in novel of such a game.

NO ONE used blade blitz for its aoe. It was used for mobility and mobility only. It was a mostly worthless skill and still is, which leads to choosing between CC or a defensive CD which is incredibly BS for pvp because they also outright removed roar and obfuscate so if you go with UR you literally have ZERO stuns now.

It sounds like you want to do everything at once.

By the way, I am enjoying my Powertech Pyro aoe options, and the direct damage options for the Serenity tree of my Shadow.

It sounds like you want to do everything at once.

By the way, I am enjoying my Powertech Pyro aoe options, and the direct damage options for the Serenity tree of my Shadow.

I want what I've had as baseline since 1.0. Making me choose between force choke or undying rage while also completely removing obfuscate and intimidating roar is absolutely idiotic. Meanwhile PT's still have their aoe stun as baseline so choosing between dart or HO isn't even remotely close to as difficult of a decision.

This dev team is clueless when it comes to class designs for pvp.

Why must we become accustomed to having bantha dung tossed in our faces?

Because Bioware couldn't care less... they're milking this cash cow until it dies of old age, and that means putting the least amount of effort into it they can get away with.

Your choice now is to play in the dung heap, or quit. It ain't gonna get better.

I hate the new look of the inventory ...

I wonder who had the idea of doing frames not only for item squares in the inventory, but also for empty squares ???

This is hugely irritating. Something in my mind is now unable to tell "full" squares from empty squares. Must be something with my perception, but it is hugely annoying anyway.

Plus, that items not viable for the class, and junk items as well, are so dark that they have almost the same dark colour like black background of empty squares …

And why, oh why did they decide to get rid of Amplifiers ? These provided each player with a bonus to crafting and to a variety of other things, too … Now they're gone, and I feel myself pushed into the role of a mere fighting machine again …

I want what I've had as baseline since 1.0. Making me choose between force choke or undying rage while also completely removing obfuscate and intimidating roar is absolutely idiotic. Meanwhile PT's still have their aoe stun as baseline so choosing between dart or HO isn't even remotely close to as difficult of a decision.

This dev team is clueless when it comes to class designs for pvp.

I was not happy when the 1.0 talent tree system was replaced with the cookie-cutter system. The current talent tree system is in many ways better than the 1.0 talent tree system in flexibility.

In addition, PVP is the hardest part to balance of any MMO.

Nothing is set in stone. It is likely minor balance changes will be made to the trees.

Some players complain about not much added to endgame. Truthfully, Bioware made it very clear the main focus was on being able to swap archtypes/trees and mix with various class storylines.

There are some issues, but Bioware accomplished this very well.

Edited by Paul_Cousins

Hello,

Just wanted to echo the thoughts of my fellow players in hopes that enough of an uproar of opinions will bring change.

• The new UI is terrible. It looks almost entirely identical to the PTS version.

• This does not "feel" like an "expansion". Due to the small amount of content. More of a short update.

• Lots of bugs are to be expected but bugs preventing story progression such as spawning in the wrong locations, and being unable to fight the boss at the end of the flashpoint are not expected.

• I personally think that getting rid of tactical and refunding players 100 credits is a slap in the face. They're literally a million credits and 3000 tech fragments.

Honestly, lack of communication makes us feel like we're are not being respected as players. It's not cool.

Agree with 1 & 3 disagree with 2 & 4

I created seperate loadout for the two combat styles, and the UI bars is saved for each loadout. All I did was active second combat style, create new loadout, fix up the UI bars + ability tree, save everything to the newly created loadout by clicking on the "copy-paste"-looking icon (right beside the icon for loadout name changing). And voila, all I need to do next time is just active the wanted loadout for the wanted combat style.

The same thing goes for gearing + character outfit for the combat styles, just change everything on the designated loadout and save, and you should be good to go by just clicking "activate" on the loadout tab.

Hope this was understandable and helpful in some way.

I think the dude your replying to is switching styles via the combat styles page rather than on the loadouts page, I did the same thing first couple of times before I realised. It did the exact thing the above was posting about

I was not happy when the 1.0 talent tree system was replaced with the cookie-cutter system. The current talent tree system is in many ways better than the 1.0 talent tree system in flexibility.

In addition, PVP is the hardest part to balance of any MMO.

Nothing is set in stone. It is likely minor balance changes will be made to the trees.

Some players complain about not much added to endgame. Truthfully, Bioware made it very clear the main focus was on being able to swap archtypes/trees and mix with various class storylines.

There are some issues, but Bioware accomplished this very well.

The 1.0 tree had cookie cutter builds as well.....There will always be cookie cutters which is why FFXIV's approach is literally the best. There are no trees, you just pick a job to play and that's your role.

The new "skill tree" is no different than the utilities. Its just less options.

Edited by Raansu

It’s honestly hard to decide which part of this Olympic doping scandal of an update is the worst. Bugged final boss fight. Rolled back class abilities. Fewer group finder options. Horrid gear progression. Paltry two hours of new content. Any one of these features would have made this COVID variant of an expansion a disappointment. I’m just glad I don’t PvP because as bad as the class changes are for PvE, I can get away with not having a stun in raids. The Sophie’s Choices they are forcing on PvP players should be investigated as a war crime.

It’s honestly hard to decide which part of this Olympic doping scandal of an update is the worst. Bugged final boss fight. Rolled back class abilities. Fewer group finder options. Horrid gear progression. Paltry two hours of new content. Any one of these features would have made this COVID variant of an expansion a disappointment. I’m just glad I don’t PvP because as bad as the class changes are for PvE, I can get away with not having a stun in raids. The Sophie’s Choices they are forcing on PvP players should be investigated as a war crime.

Your characters skills dont get pruned in a vacuum! If all classes are treated to the same choices its not as bad as it immediately seems. It IS bad however if some classes get to keep all their stuns and dcd's and some don't. I don't pvp and havent gone through all the skill trees so am not sure if thats the case. If all clasess arent even then its broken to buggery. If they're all the same its just a bit Meh'ish

Your characters skills dont get pruned in a vacuum! If all classes are treated to the same choices its not as bad as it immediately seems. It IS bad however if some classes get to keep all their stuns and dcd's and some don't. I don't pvp and havent gone through all the skill trees so am not sure if thats the case. If all clasess arent even then its broken to buggery. If they're all the same its just a bit Meh'ish

The choices aren’t the same for all classes. This amounts to a major rebalancing of the classes, which is always tricky but especially when it is pushed out so poorly as this bleeding ulcer of an update was. The irony is that balance was one of the best things about 6.0, particularly when it came to PvE. It’s weird to have balance threatened because they are taking abilities away rather than adding new ones.

Are you sure of this? The 4 classes I have played so far all had a deeps, mobility and stun option @lvl 68. Not saying your wrong but out of the 4 classes I've played all 4 had the same type of choice.

The classes are different to start with and have different choices to make. Some have stuns that aren’t part of any optional part of the skill tree. Same with defensive s. Certain classes can be left without any CC or stun or without a single defensive cooldown. While there are similar choices for some classes, they are not the same for everyone.