Pretty disappointed with the combat style switching. Bioware misinformation.

DarthWoad

Yea, did it over 4 times for each and for some reason it is still not working.

Ah, well that's a bummer. Maybe you're experiencing the same issue that's on the known issues list?

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=10002130&postcount=1

I see that they're doing a hotfix for the issue with hotbars. I hope that solves it for you. That's an entirely valid complaint....re-doing your hotbars is a PAIN.

Personally it was working fine for me and I love it so far. I hope the fix today resolves it for you and others.

Ah, well that's a bummer. Maybe you're experiencing the same issue that's on the known issues list?

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=10002130&postcount=1

I see that they're doing a hotfix for the issue with hotbars. I hope that solves it for you. That's an entirely valid complaint....re-doing your hotbars is a PAIN.

Personally it was working fine for me and I love it so far. I hope the fix today resolves it for you and others.

Thanks, I had to add an extra loadout that actually helped fix the problem because I was not going to fix those hotbars everytime I switch and I probably one of the unsual ones, I am not adding stealth to everyone. My sage has her teleki and then dark side lightning for the other one.

I'm with the OP on this one. Its not at matching the impression given by Bioware's phrasing. I'm not saying its not useful to some, possibly even to me on one or two characters but why didn't they just plainly state that it was a class switching update? I've heard far more people state that they thought it was mix and match, in game and out, than those who said 'Oh I knew all along it was just going to be class switching'.

My feelings about this game are on a constant see-saw. I have some fun, like some things and other times get super annoyed and disgusted and quit playing for awhile. It'd be nice if it was a lot less of a love-hate relationship and more consistently enjoyable for me.

In the end, the Legacy of the Sith is disappointing to me, both in utility and expectation. Add all the other changes that came along with this update and the changes to the Season and I'm battling a negative experience. *shrug*

From day 1 they were pretty clear on how combat style was going to work. They never intended for us to mash styles together and make your own hybrid. If you've seen the livestreams, the interviews, the articles on swtor, and the Dev posts, they made it pretty clear (as far back as last year well before the initial release date of December) how combat styles was going to work. So to take 1 sentence from their newest post, which technically wasn't wrong, and assume wrongly isn't on BioWare. they have at least tried to clarify this issue many times. And you'll just need patience since they already hinted more combat styles would come later down the road. so there will most likely be hybrid/new styles to try out.

From day 1 they were pretty clear on how combat style was going to work. They never intended for us to mash styles together and make your own hybrid. If you've seen the livestreams, the interviews, the articles on swtor, and the Dev posts, they made it pretty clear (as far back as last year well before the initial release date of December) how combat styles was going to work. So to take 1 sentence from their newest post, which technically wasn't wrong, and assume wrongly isn't on BioWare. they have at least tried to clarify this issue many times. And you'll just need patience since they already hinted more combat styles would come later down the road. so there will most likely be hybrid/new styles to try out.

Yeah well I didn't bother with the articles, the dev posts, the livestreams, etc and I have no interest in doing so. Like I said in my above post, I have a love-hate relationship with this game and many times, my feelings about it weigh more towards the negative. I fully expect at some point I will simply stop returning, like I did with WoW.

I feel like you shouldn't have to dig for special information when a business puts out a news flash about something upcoming. If they had simply said that they are introducing the ability to swap between different classes on the same character, it would have been far clearer than how they did phrase it and it would have avoided the negative uproar that seems to be the majority right now.

Yeah well I didn't bother with the articles, the dev posts, the livestreams, etc and I have no interest in doing so. Like I said in my above post, I have a love-hate relationship with this game and many times, my feelings about it weigh more towards the negative. I fully expect at some point I will simply stop returning, like I did with WoW.

I feel like you shouldn't have to dig for special information when a business puts out a news flash about something upcoming. If they had simply said that they are introducing the ability to swap between different classes on the same character, it would have been far clearer than how they did phrase it and it would have avoided the negative uproar that seems to be the majority right now.

Completely agree with this. The information they gave on this info page is misleading. They should have just said it how it is instead of being so vague.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210806

Not sure where the confusion is in their article announcing it. Never once mentioned mixing and matching. And it’s kind of on you and not BioWare that you decided to not read, watch, or listen to what this system was. To blame them for your own shortcomings isn’t right. Now they do deserve blame for how 7.0 has gone, but most of the anger is not about combat styles and not being able to mix and match. There are much bigger issues people are complaining about, that are legit, and not something that wouldn’t be an issue if you did any legwork yourself

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210806

Not sure where the confusion is in their article announcing it. Never once mentioned mixing and matching. And it’s kind of on you and not BioWare that you decided to not read, watch, or listen to what this system was. To blame them for your own shortcomings isn’t right. Now they do deserve blame for how 7.0 has gone, but most of the anger is not about combat styles and not being able to mix and match. There are much bigger issues people are complaining about, that are legit, and not something that wouldn’t be an issue if you did any legwork yourself

Just because they didn't use the words 'mixing and matching' doesn't mean they didn't create an impression of being able to still be in whatever class you chose and use something from another class at the same time. I'm not going to debate semantics here. My point was that if they had said that it was an update allowing you to swap classes, that would have been much clearer about it.

Of course it was my choice not to delve into the depths of their blogs and streams and such and I'm quite okay with that. Miscommunications happen when things aren't concise and clear to begin with. One shouldn't have to dig for clarity in business announcements. Nor is it a 'shortcoming' of my own, that I chose not to do so.

You are right, there are A LOT of things people are complaining about in this update, from the atrocious UI looks to the brief story content. This is just one thing that upset some people. I'm simply saying it could have been handled better - just like many other things. I'm not ranting or raving and I'm not angry with them. Just disappointed.

I guess I was misinformed about that. But another thing, how do you "secretly" use dark side powers when being a member of the jedi order, when your dark side user class is labelled for everyone to see?

Ignore it? I mean it’s not like we all walk around in real life with nameplates over our heads. Or titles, which are obviously a way to demonstrate accomplishments. So the icon over the nameplate isn’t any more immersion breaking than nameplates, and as I said in another post it’s necessary for pvp if for no other reason than precedent.

Man, I completely agree with you, I'm very disappointed in Bioware, I don't think we even need to go into and bug-related matters, but as for the combat style, man, what a disappointment, I really thought myself, finally, swtor in the style of "Jedi Academy", but no, you just change classes in a story of another class, you don't even use whatever weapon you want. This fact alone is a huge negative point, because, their propaganda, was for you to be whatever you want. Whether you're a jedi guardian and shoot lightning, you can, or a redemption sith, you can, a sniper and bounty hunter, you can, in fact, you play, but it was by far the biggest false advertisement in the history of this game. So really.. the best definition for this expansion is "DISAPPOINTING".

Read this text from the Legacy of the Sith page on this website:

As far as I know, right now it's just a class switch feature. I'm seeing Gunslingers and Shadows running around on the Imperial Fleet when I mouse over other players...so much for "secretly using Dark Side powers". I'm pretty sure it's the same on the Republic fleet too.

This isn't an "even greater customization experience" as far as I know. When I switch combat styles, I'm unable to weild weapons and armor from my previous combat style, which is the impression I was getting. Like I said, this is just a plain old class switch feature.

No..you can't be a Sith Inquisitor and have a lightsaber in each hand, because you have to switch to your Marauder class, and your character will be labelled as a Marauder, and all of your weapons and armor will be removed if you can't weild them. All you're doing is switching your class, and there's no mix and match.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with this update. I thought I'd have more freedom when it comes to weilding weapons from other classes, such as a Sith Juggernaut weilding two sabers. But no.

Inquisitor isn't the combat style. Inquisitor is the origin story.

So, yes, you are still a Sith Inquisitor. What your Sith Inquisitor could be before, combat style wise, was Sorcerer or Assassin, now it can be a Marauder.

Inquisitor isn't the class. Inquisitor is the story. Combat style is the class.

I didn't do any in-depth research either but I knew what we were in for. Steam News Posts are quite hand yin that regard, though if you don't play the game over Steam I'd have no idea how to access them.

They didn't even bother to change the animations to macth the gameplay changes. My (freshly created) Gunslinger Agent still tries to use his sniper rifle in certain cutscenes. It looks very silly when he mimics "aiming" with it, like a child would while playing...

Also, I wish they add a column to the guild roster info, where it would specify characters' origin.

Until 7.0, when I saw a Marauder, I knew it was SW, when I saw an Operative, I knew it was IA. Now it's a mix of nothing more than a gameplay styles and it's jarring since half of them (to me) belong inherently to the other faction.

I know those are pretty much nitpicks compared to actual issues with 7.0. But especially the animation thing - just smells of doing stuff half way.