[Ruins of Nul: Story Mode] One Shot by Malgus

pbraden

I gave up after

• dying from fall damage 12 times
  • Malgus reseting when I do manage to hide behind the pillar and avoid the fall damage
  • My companions disappear when I try to avoid the fall damage

judt to add to this for the story mode lana is stuck in middle and wont attack unless you drag malgus to her she never moves during right which doesnt matter much since you get one shotted to fall dmg on his pull in

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. Have stood in multiple places, and he pulls me through the floor and I die to fall damage. Finally gave up after my 10th attempt.

This also happened once on the first boss too. The knockback dropped me through the map and I died to fall damage, but it only happened once and at least I got to finish that fight.

Edited by MishaCantu

It's crazy how the devs have not responded to this yet considering this is a major bug with the update they just deployed. I also just saw a bug where someone said he got transported to the republic fleet when he changed his class from bounty hunter to vanguard/trooper. We all knew there would be bugs but some of this stuff should have been preventable considering they had 2+ more months than originally planned. Man I can only imagine how it would of been if they released in December like originally planned.

Wouldn't say that's a bug. I'd say that's impressive

So overall this is what I see, Lana is usually bugged out for most of the fight. A few times she will battle for a while but she never survives very long. I've seen her on screen just standing there and I cant target her.

Put Rivx into tank spec or die as a RDPS. Try to stay on Malgus' backside when he's not zipping around the map to avoid Coalesced Lightning. If he heads for you, drop threat. the big problem is that when he gets to low health he uses a massive pushback that auto kills me, i don't get a death message saying what ability. I'm fairly certain im not hitting the barrier either. I think one time I didn't get hit and the fight just reset without me dying. I did notice that the spots he zips around to the first time might be predetermined, not sure. Need to find a spot in there that you can avoid the zips while still doing damage. Sometimes I can do it.

The fight isn't hard, it is just bugged.

Same for me. After dying from 0 fall damage 10 times last night I've given up on completing this. Both tried standing as close as possible, and I tried standing with my back to a pillar. Hopefully when the next chapter releases will they have fixed this. Quite an anticlimax to get fall damage on a flat surface.

got Malgus to less then half health by using the pillars so he couldn't blow me under the arena but every single time I get him there he one-shots me by throwing me under the platform and he's at the other end of the arena. No idea what else to do at this point.

The Malgus fight is horribly broken at the moment. Malgus has several abilities that pull and push the player, and any time you leave the ground, you instantly die and respawn at the medical droid. This is highly annoying and difficult to avoid. Please patch this ASAP.

Edit: Just beat it. Took over 25 attempts... Never got close to dying because of actual mechanics. Malgus would push or pull me and I'd instantly die. The only work around I found was fighting near the very edge of the area covered by stones, not in the center where the dirt is. In that area, 90% of the time you'll survive a push or pull (so long as you don't stand in the wall surrounding the area when he knocks you back) but, 10% of the time you'll still find a way to instantly die when he pushes or pulls you.

Edited by vemerce

Here is how I worked around it after dying to bugs several times:

Sent my (heal) companion to attack Malgus (select him, ctrl-1)

Hit him with a weak attack - this is the only way to make Lana attack him.

Hit behind the broken pillar, outside of his attack range.

Slowly watched companion and Lana bring Malgus down.

After one pull Lana is thrown under the map. This actually works to my advantage - Malgus got stuck focused on her but unable to hit her or be hit by her.

After another pull companion is pulled under the map. Malgus still looks at the spot where Lana disappeared and does nothing, just stands there like a fool. Set companion to passive - companion appears at my side.

Sent companion to attack Malgy again.

Malgy finally falls.

I had the exact same issue. In total I think I died to Malgus about 15 times to that pull before finally beating him. The trick is to stay towards the pillars where the health would be. The pull doesn't seem to work from that distance. Keep persevering and you'll beat him. If not, then wait until the developers fix the problem.

I had a thread open about a seperate issue but apparently my issue fits here? I'm dumbfounded because I can't even GET to malgus fight and they closed my thread :/ here is my original post:

"I'm attempting to do this Nul FP and I got to the part where you sense Malgus and it says continue up the mountainside. I go to the place where the triangle with the green marker inside it is and the FP doesn't update. So I proceed up the mountainside but when I get to the Temple of Nul I get the exact same cutscene sensing Malgus and then it advances the quest, but then I get stuck in a loop of the same cutscene over and over if I attempt to go up the mountainside to the Temple of Nul."

Nothing I've done fixes this, and restarting the FP doesn't fix this, I'm literally stuck at the temple door and if I click on it, the same cutscene sensing Malgus plays out. It's gamebreaking for me since I can't continue.

Edited by xeoneex