Empty server list

MacFelly

Ive tried it all. Everything that seems to work for others, I cannot get to work. I have been able to login twice since that launcher issue was fixed. I can't believe it is like this, for a AAA company at that. They could at least provide us with an update or something.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive tried it all. Everything that seems to work for others, I cannot get to work. I have been able to login twice since that launcher issue was fixed. I can't believe it is like this, for a AAA company at that. They could at least provide us with an update or something.

They pop in about once a day to ask for more info. Some of what they ask for points me to new possible solutions, so maybe something will come up I can use to make a working fix.

Ok, managed to create a new error (on purpose). In the game directory, in swtor\retailclient, there are to ICB files, plain text, looks like they are some sort of configuration for bridging to the game servers.

The first line of each of them sets up a shard address alias, the actual internet address of the server you are playing on. I changed it to hard code to Star Forge. Now I get a popup I've never seen before, Error Code C3, Failed to establish server connection.

So the ICB files take information from the server and set you up in the shard. Honestly strange that these are plain text files, but whatever. What I'm wondering is, if I find the right format, can we just bypass server selection entirely?

Ok, managed to create a new error (on purpose). In the game directory, in swtor\retailclient, there are to ICB files, plain text, looks like they are some sort of configuration for bridging to the game servers.

The first line of each of them sets up a shard address alias, the actual internet address of the server you are playing on. I changed it to hard code to Star Forge. Now I get a popup I've never seen before, Error Code C3, Failed to establish server connection.

So the ICB files take information from the server and set you up in the shard. Honestly strange that these are plain text files, but whatever. What I'm wondering is, if I find the right format, can we just bypass server selection entirely?

Line 1: Playable- shardaddress: @::  [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:1952)
           Unplayable- shardaddress: @::  [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:1975)

Line 2: Playable- Starting firestorm client [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:1978)
           Unplayable- Starting firestorm client [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:2001)

Line 3: Playable- Client using repository stub instance [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:1999)
           Unplayable- Client using repository stub instance [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:2022)

Lines 4-6 are the same for both.

Line 7: Playable- starting BWA Audio Engine [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSStartUp:1113)
          Unplayable- starting BWA Audio Engine [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSStartUp:1110)

Line 8: Playable- Completed OSStartup [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSStartUp:1463)
          Unplayable- Completed OSStartup [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSStartUp:1460)

Lines 9-11 are DEBUG in playable and reference shard connection and login. 
                in unplayable those 3 lines do not exist.

Same for both playable and unplayable: Active area load complete [Client.AreaManager](bwaareamanager.cpp:bwa::AreaManager::_onActiveAreaLoadComplete:932)

Final line: Playable- RemoteRenderer process shutdown complete. [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSShutDown:2622)
               Unplayable- RemoteRenderer process shutdown complete. [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSShutDown:2619)

They seem to at least support in part your working theory. If it gets one of us closer to a fix or the devs so be it, i'll take either at this point.

Same boat as most here, ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G14 AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS and GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q. Never played on PTS and use Norton for AV and firewall.

Edited by Dalinormur

Ok, the funny thing is I've contacted them through a ticket to ask whether they plan to offer us some sort of a compensation or at the very least an apology and an explantation of why there have been so many issues with launching the game on Zephyrus hardware. The reply that I've got says that I need to share my concerns on their suggestion box, and that there is no form of compensation because the issues were related to the game update in different regions.

Interpret this as you will, guys, but I personally feel stretched between remaining in the game for the love of its content, and cancelling my sub due to the disappointment. Through be told the subscription here is hardly an expensive one, but it does not justify the way these issues have been handled so far.

Anyway, I seem to be lucky today, cause I've managed to log in on my second attempt.

They seem to at least support in part your working theory. If it gets one of us closer to a fix or the devs so be it, i'll take either at this point.

Same boat as most here, ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS G14 AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS and GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q. Never played on PTS and use Norton for AV and firewall.

Problem is coming up with a format that the game will accept. I've tried several variations but still get the error message.

You can find your last server address in the User_AccountDev.ini file in %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\settings.

[settings]
LastPlayedShard = Star Forge
LastPlayedShardAddress = he3000n01.swtor.com:8995:castlehilltest

Ok, the funny thing is I've contacted them through a ticket to ask whether they plan to offer us some sort of a compensation or at the very least an apology and an explantation of why there have been so many issues with launching the game on Zephyrus hardware. The reply that I've got says that I need to share my concerns on their suggestion box, and that there is no form of compensation because the issues were related to the game update in different regions.

Interpret this as you will, guys, but I personally feel stretched between remaining in the game for the love of its content, and cancelling my sub due to the disappointment. Through be told the subscription here is hardly an expensive one, but it does not justify the way these issues have been handled so far.

Anyway, I seem to be lucky today, cause I've managed to log in on my second attempt.

I seriously doubt whoever replied to you has any idea what the issue is. But yeah, good luck getting EA to refund any money, despite the term for what they are doing right now being "financial fraud". Ah, if only we were rich folk and could afford justice.

Look, only reason I'm still here is because my sub renewed on the 11th. I've already paid for time, so no harm in me sticking it out. If I was coming up on renewal, yeah, I'd cancel my sub.

You’ve scared them off.

Kinda surprised they haven't told me to stop taking the game apart :)

A lot of this is just me rambling, trying to keep the thread active so we get more information, both from other players and from the devs. I'm hoping we'll have an influx tomorrow afternoon/evening when working folk actually get a chance to play and find out that that long weekend of new SWTOR they've been looking forward to doesn't actually work.

Dude your a f....ng legend. Appreciate all the work you do. Should send them an invoice for your time.

Just waiting on the next basic online service isn’t working troubleshooting step… “have you tried rebooting your router?”

And the answer is yes lol And DMZ on my computer. Didn't help. I could do some port forwarding, but that wouldn't help because the server list request is on 443. Using TLS 1.2. I'd have to go back and check to see if I could tell you which cipher :D

I probably should be clear: I am not in any way trying to access or modify the data stream, or alter gameplay in any way. I just want to be able to play the game. If that means I gotta poke it with a sharp stick to get to character select, so be it.

Hey guys has there been a fix yet

Nope, not fixed as yet. I emailed support to ask about getting the missed days added to my subscription, and they replied that I should phone them (numbers here). Hope this helps anyone looking to make progress on this!

Well I'm currently unemployed, so if they want to offer me a job.... :p

I hope they take you up on that! :) Back when I was testing 6.0 crafting, I tentatively offered myself too, to no avail. :D But you've been so helpful in this thread, they'd be mad to pass you up.

Incidentally, I have put so much work into this investigation and presentation of results that I wonder if Bioware are hiring people to do this for them? If not, might I suggest that they do? At least from the outside, it doesn't look like anyone in the team is doing this work, so there's clearly a gap that could be filled. :) I live in Ireland, but I'm flexible. PM me. ;)
Edited by Estelindis

I can log (after a 6.5MB update on steam) but the games crashs quickly on the fleet

I was able to get in using the web launcher this morning, spend a half hour or so trying to redo my hotkeys. Logged out normally, and now the server list is empty again.

I was also able to get in once this morning using the Steam version. But quit the game and try again, empty list.

Makes me wonder if it's a timing issue, if the game isn't properly waiting for the server list to be sent to it. If the server is under a light load it sends the response immediately and we get the shard list. If the server is delayed because it is getting a lot of requests, the game doesn't wait and assumes it got no response.

Anyway, it's still down to luck if you get the list or not. Meaning this is NOT fixed.

Could it be DNS related?

I'm living in France and it's now working almost everytime (still crashing but tied to proton/My distro not to the game), and as servers are tied to a Domain name, an adress translation error could be the cause.

Have you tried to edit by hand your host file to reflect the IP adress of your server?

Edited by softreaper