So what exactly will happen on Feb.15 ?

Hrafnhildur

Feb 13th they'll announce that 7.0 "Isn't up to SWTOR's usual great standards" and delay for another 2 weeks +.

March rolls around, and 7.0 finally launches, but there's a new memory leak which after playing for 1/2 an hour to starts lagging out your computer. People slog through 1 hour's worth of content in about 3 hours, get to 80, and quit.

April rolls around, and the leak is like 80% fixed, so now you only have to reboot like once every 3 hours or so while playing. A few people come back to raid or pvp.

The IP still catches whales from time to time, who blow a load of cash on the Cartel Market before quitting a few weeks later. SWTOR continues in it's "Maintenance Mode Plus" business model.

Those are my unfounded predictions anyways, but I'm an optimist.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on opening the hundreds of emails containing downgraded gear across 50 characters (unless they fix that).

Pretty sure that millions-of-downgrade-items-emails was specific to the PTS only (as it has happened to my PTS copied characters in past expansion PTSs but never happened when the update went live). If it isn't, the ISS will be able to see my rage-quit rage from space!

Um, isn't the Baby Yoda fad over by now?
Big fat spoiler:

Most definitely not! Book of Boba Fett made sure of that ;)

CM better be doing something about our lack of Baby Yoda's in 7.0!

Edited by Sarova

Feb 13th they'll announce that 7.0 "Isn't up to SWTOR's usual great standards" and delay for another 2 weeks +.

This is my best case scenario.

At this point anything could happen considering they have been conspicuously absent with communication except for the two or three posts by community support and Jackie. Nothing at all from the leading devs or Keith. So much for the year long celebration :(

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Wait so are pvpers also going to have to spam FPS again? i thought that pvp gear was going to be different that pve gear this time around, or was i wrong? i wont mind spamming fps i just want to make sure i'm doing the optimal route

Wait so are pvpers also going to have to spam FPS again? i thought that pvp gear was going to be different that pve gear this time around, or was i wrong? i wont mind spamming fps i just want to make sure i'm doing the optimal route

No you won't :) I tested this on the PTS just for my own curiosity. I did unranked for the PvP currency to see what how it worked. On that character I was able to buy some purple upgrades a lot quicker from the PvP vendor than on my character that was upgrading via conquest. If you prefer PvP I think you'll be fine. IIRC the "PvP gear" I got didn't have accuracy on it as PvP doesn't need it. The only real thing is that if you get a piece of gear from PvP you won't be able to upgrade it on the Conquest/FP/Ops vendors. You can only use the PvP vendor (so whichever activity you prefer to do, see the corresponding vendor). The PvP 80 gear vendor is located in the PvP area away from all the others, so that's something to remember when it goes live - all the PvE 80 gear vendors are located in the old lvl 75 gear buying place near the implant guy (I never know names). Once I got how it all worked, I really started to like the new system (of course if gearing upgrades changed someone correct me).

I'd still like to see PvP match losses count towards the daily/weekly quest though, even though they've reduced the number required. If they change this, I will forgive the weapon outfitter slot fiasco!

All these youngin’s making you feel old yet Steve, they sure do for me.

Pretty much, although my colleagues are better at it because they are right there in front of me during the working day, and in a lot of cases younger still (early 20s in some cases)...

But I think of it as being ... less young. (ref: https://i.imgur.com/HMwTlon.jpg on 18 December 2021 and https://i.imgur.com/9ed99cv.jpg somewhere in July 2021 and https://i.imgur.com/w3tfXHO.jpg back in October 2019 . None of that comes with being ... old.)

I should point out that in https://i.imgur.com/HMwTlon.jpg the tongue is just above my elbow, and the completed design extends all the way up to the *opposite* shoulder...

EDIT: still, I'm in a good mood, stomach full of fish and chips and a tasty white wine, and Night Ranger on the Bluetooth speakers.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Two weeks exactly would suck mightily, because it would coincide with the release of End of Dragons for GW2.

April 4th, 2014. Mysteriously, rapid fire rotations of flash sales on the cartel market occurred, and that early in the cartel market's lifecycle it was a pretty big deal.

April 4th, 2014 also happened to be the day ESO launched. Not a coincidence, and says a lot about how Bioware Austin views it's own product against other companies releases.

Go play other games, and be happy, and when you're really bored, swing on by to check out 7.0. Regardless of when it launches, no one is going to be missing much if they play better supported games for a few weeks. Might even be preferable, if 7.0's launch is as buggy as it's probably going to be.

If you're a subscriber that has finished act 3, you'll be able to pick a second combat style through a mission.

Didnt they say that only newly created toons will get 2nd combat style? Existing toons will just get their discipline adjusted as a combat style, no?

Didnt they say that only newly created toons will get 2nd combat style? Existing toons will just get their discipline adjusted as a combat style, no?

No. Subscribers will be able to pick a second combat style for existing characters.

My prediction is that it will go live right on schedule. There will be some hideous bug that makes it hard to play or stay connected, yet people will persevere. Before I get home from work the servers will be taken down for a hotfix and won't be back up for at least two days. There will be a roll-back that will only affect players who got something good. I will run out of popcorn.

Your first combat style will be the advanced class you already have, but you can pick a second combat style (assuming you've finished chapter 3 of the story).

Hi. Let me know if i got this straight , here's what i understand will happen in 7.0 :

1. we will log in and none of our characters will have a working rotation

2. no outfit slots at all, so everyone will be forced to wear the class armor set, no matter how ugly is it - the Batman headpiece of storm gatherer is the very definition of ugly - and some weapons that won't fit with the body size of characters

3. everyone will spam Hammer Station for the new weekly piece of equipment and ofc mercenaries, without the speed boost skill will be the first to die at the bridge, because as always everyone will want to do fp FAST FAST FAST, let's cc everything!

4. everyone will crowd 2-3 locations to do the season quests for a companion no one asked for - a Duros "mercenary" without a background story and a very limited vocabulary - like the Duros NPC from Fleet, our new pal will only say " I VARU PARU HII" and that's all.

5. 20 minutes of new "story" content with "over-attached girlfriend " Beniko pestering us at every 5 minutes and ofc more chasing of Malgus's cybernetic behind all over the Galaxy, because w/e is he doing on Manaan , Elom and other places is somehow Alliance Commander's business ( why? )

Have i missed something?

And since we opened the companion can of worms , why can't we have a Baby Yoda? An Ughnaught? A laughing Czerka droid?

0 ) Some people won't even be able to log in, because BioWare/EA decided to break the game for certain computers. Those people might play one of the other shiny new MMOs instead.

1 ) Not quite. They'll still have a rotation, it will just do half the damage it did before, have no flow or entertainment value to it, and enemies will have more health and hit harder to boot. Depending on content, this can be good, bad, or neutral. again, this only works if you can log in.

2 ) only weapons, and only if you can log in.

3 ) hammer station probably won't be on rotation. Options will probably be Traitor Among the Chiss, Nathema Conspiracy, and Kaon Under Siege. Again, only if you can log in.

4 ) accurate, but only among those who can log in

5 ) depends on if you can log in. If you can, probably about an hour or two of content, which is still a massive joke to call an "expansion" (it's not even a patch by the standards of LITERALLY ANY OTHER MMO). Most of that content will be unnecessary trash pulls that have unnecessary health while you do unnecessary less damage, and again, that's if you CAN log in. If you can't, you get roughly 0.25 seconds of content watching the launcher crash on start (and no, the "alder lake fix" does not fix it)

Hi. Let me know if i got this straight , here's what i understand will happen in 7.0 :

1. we will log in and none of our characters will have a working rotation

2. no outfit slots at all, so everyone will be forced to wear the class armor set, no matter how ugly is it - the Batman headpiece of storm gatherer is the very definition of ugly - and some weapons that won't fit with the body size of characters

3. everyone will spam Hammer Station for the new weekly piece of equipment and ofc mercenaries, without the speed boost skill will be the first to die at the bridge, because as always everyone will want to do fp FAST FAST FAST, let's cc everything!

4. everyone will crowd 2-3 locations to do the season quests for a companion no one asked for - a Duros "mercenary" without a background story and a very limited vocabulary - like the Duros NPC from Fleet, our new pal will only say " I VARU PARU HII" and that's all.

5. 20 minutes of new "story" content with "over-attached girlfriend " Beniko pestering us at every 5 minutes and ofc more chasing of Malgus's cybernetic behind all over the Galaxy, because w/e is he doing on Manaan , Elom and other places is somehow Alliance Commander's business ( why? )

Have i missed something?

And since we opened the companion can of worms , why can't we have a Baby Yoda? An Ughnaught? A laughing Czerka droid?

Many people will log in and take the decision to cancel their subs because of many changes nobody requested for.

oh, wait - after one or two hours the servers are going down for a maintance and deploying a emergency patch

Edited by Master_Morak

Many people will log in and take the decision to cancel their subs because of many changes nobody requested for.

oh, wait - after one or two hours the servers are going down for a maintance and deploying a emergency patch

What's the over / under on how long the servers will be "unavailable" on exp - , er "patch" day?

I'm putting the line at five. Place yer bets.

Many other people will just log in and noodle around with the changes and then get back to playing the game. 🙄

After one or two hours, some flakey network hub in backwoods Mississippi will crash and people from the surrounding ISPs will get on these forums and rage against BW. 😂

Keep on truckin' in the free world. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

What'll happen on the 15th?

I'll go to work in the morning like always on a Tuesday, catch a wiff of events from the forums at lunch, chuckle at the sky-falling crowd like normal, come home and make sure the game is updating, go play bar trivia with my team, go home and sleep!

Then on the 16th Ill repeat most of the day, then come home and either play the expansion, or play 6.X if its been delayed.

Sleep lost? Zero

BP raised? Also zero

Weeping.....a lot of weeping.

Oh, you meant, for me personally. I just finished the last of the Ossus dailies/weekly as I like to do such things once per toon and weeklies are changing. After that, I'm taking a week or two off from SWTOR because, even if I liked the changes (which I don't), the X.0 changes are always buggy as hell. Sure, when Rishi dropped, a bug got me a free Orobird mount but it also turned the game into a slideshow. Given the oddly punitive nature of the changes, dealing with the unintentional bugs as well is more than I'm willing to put up with.

Beyond that, the week will be pretty much work, ironing, other games, and finishing Hawkeye so I can drop Disney Plus until Kenobi comes out. (Given the batting average for both the MCU and SW shows with me, I'm a little hinchy on that but just watching Ewan McGregor's sheer joy and enthusiasm to be working with Hayden Christensen again is enough to make me willing to gamble the $9.)