Do you think KOTFE/ET woulda been better if they'd made all toons force sensitive?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I MADE this post and even I'm not 100% sure I'd love the idea if it happened honestly, with how this game can't really handle choice in the story and whatnot. If it was 100% an optional flavour you could add to your story, I'd like it, because I don't have to do it on every toon, so it'd be a fun extra mission for those who wanted it. But I suspect other posters are quite right when they say it could end up not being a true choice at all if they went this route. The story would likely begin to assume everyone took the option because it can't handle branching like that. And yeah, that's not worth it in the end.

I really just wanted to see what the community thought about it since I'd only discovered the lines of dialogue about that last night and was curious :o But it probably woulda been dumb, literally one of the last lines of Chapter 12 was gonna be "Oh, and I'm force sensitive now." :rolleyes: So it doesn't seem like they woulda handled the story with much finesse anyways

Of course the story would assume everyone took the option. But story wise, that would just be one of the 8 classes taking it or already being it.

Do you think KOTFE/ET woulda been better if they'd made all toons force sensitive?

No, because that goes even further toward stealing the narrative from the player to create one's own story and foisting one on the player not wanted.

Someone head canons their toon from Ord Mantel through Shadow of Revan playing a womanizing, hard-drinking gunslinger, living and dying by the draw of a gun, only to reach KOTFE and suddenly be force sensitive?

No.

There should have been two stories, the KOTFE/KOTET storyline for force wielders, as it essentially completed the JK storyline regarding the emperor, and something completely different for everyone else who were walking around with guns.

Here is a "game engine" that lets people create interactive fiction, much like the text adventure Zork, and with it, someone can create a branching, evolving story based on player choices, something SWTOR never did.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Shame. No. You go about planning something, you start brainstorming, coming up with ideas that might stick. Maybe run with it awhile then realize...nuuuupe, bnad idea.

Sure. And some ideas, like that one, are so bad and off-brand that even speaking them aloud is a clear mistake, let alone doing enough work on them for people to have data mined it later. That's bad (or absent) direction, and creatively bankrupt.