Making Famous Characters

darthyrag

So I've never been one to make cosplay characters of famous characters but recently its been happening and I'm increasing my alts, probably more then I need too.

Anyone else find this is kind of a fun hobby to make famous star wars clones like Luke, Boba, Obi-Wan, Revan, etc? I use to think it was stupid now I'm hooked lol

For me, it's usually in-game people that I try to replicate. Some can't be done, of course. The grand classic of the non-doables is Satele Shan, who has that unique-to-her hair *and* face(1), but she isn't the only one.

You can get ===>>><<<=== that close to replicating Thana Vesh, down to her skin, hair and eye colours, hairstyle, face tattoo, armour, face shape, etc. The works. Well, except for her pink lipstick, which is absolutely nowhere to be found on the player-accessible cosmetics sliders for any combination of species and class.

But I'm pretty close to replicating the Intelligence Officer (using an Agent...) working with Inquisitor Arzanon, although the godawful lighting on Korriban makes it hard to be sure about her skin colour.

Tari Darkspinner ("The Master" from the Dromund Kaas <Story Arc> Revanite sequence) is easy to replicate, although doing it properly requires Combat Styles so we can go Warrior origin and Assassin/Shadow style, because Tari uses a dualsabre, but has Warrior tattoos.

(1) Both her armour set and her dualsabre are available on the CM. Well, sometimes, but they are definitely CM items.

Sometimes, sometimes not.

Sometimes, it's more fun to follow the archetype of a character than a direct copy of their appearance. Anyone can put a cyborg Sith Warrior all in black and call them "Varth Raded"; but actually playing them with that mix of cold precision, ruthlessness tempered by respect for those who earn it, and longing for belonging and family that the real Darth Vader possessed, that's when things can get interesting.

Don't get me wrong, there's some great cosplay characters out there (SWTORista, for example; you should see their takes on Rex, Ashoka and Ventress) and some of the recent armor sets have made it even easier to create them. But it's just...

Okay, mentioned Rex, we'll go with Rex. 'Clone Captain Rex of the 501st', in his white and blue armor and grey leather kama, is actually different in personality in many ways than 'Rex, renegade clone survivor and Rebel' with the chestplate and helmet over otherwise combat fatigue-style outfit. Someone could cosplay as both versions, and they'd both still be Rex, still be the same character, but the archetypes have changed. He's gone from the brave soldier, fighting for his friends and family, to a disenchanted veteran who has seen everything he fought for lost despite winning the war; it results in completely different characters to play...

So I've never been one to make cosplay characters of famous characters but recently its been happening and I'm increasing my alts, probably more then I need too.

Anyone else find this is kind of a fun hobby to make famous star wars clones like Luke, Boba, Obi-Wan, Revan, etc? I use to think it was stupid now I'm hooked lol

Only made copies of Mako for a Bounty Hunter. Which means any outfit could work and I used the Imperial Cybernetic as you can't match hers in with cybernetic options.

I recently just made a Sith Juggernaut that looks exactly like Darth Shaar in the Mek Sha storyline. Her appearance is different in early parts of the story. I tried making one of my Imperial Agents to look like Leon from the movie The Professional. There are some decent looks to copy from secondary characters across the entire story in game. I just have remember take a screen grab so I can use them.

It was before I started playing but inspired me to start, I did learn about the wonderful tribute someone did for our Princess when she became one with the Force. Whoever it was created a female character, dressed all in white, with the triangle curl hairdo. She stood in front of the Organa building on Alderaan. Everyone who could logged in as a Republic character and joined her. It was beautiful.

Re: Thana Vesh (mentioned above). What she looks like: https://i.imgur.com/rRqfKFO.jpg

Body Type 2

Head 8

Scars 1

Complexion 7

Eye Color 3

Cosmetics and Tattoos 32

Hair 21

Hair Color 9

Skin Color 1

And Thana Vesh's armour set, obviously, without dyes.

Thanks for this. If only we could get a player character with Laura Baileys voice and it’d be perfect.

Thanks for this. If only we could get a player character with Laura Baileys voice and it’d be perfect.

I managed to delete one important point: the character must be a Sith Warrior type in order to access the right tattoo, so "Female Sith Juggernaut" was missing. (In 7.0, you'll need to be Sith Warrior origin for access to the tattoo, and Sith Juggernaut style for access to the right appearance of your character as you fight.)

Sorry.

I managed to delete one important point: the character must be a Sith Warrior type in order to access the right tattoo, so "Female Sith Juggernaut" was missing. (In 7.0, you'll need to be Sith Warrior origin for access to the tattoo, and Sith Juggernaut style for access to the right appearance of your character as you fight.)

Sorry.

Yeah, as soon as I saw the tattoo I realized that but know I’m wondering something. With the changes coming in 7.0 will these class unique character customizations be opened up to all classes? At least between force using classes and tech using classes.

If that’s the case I’d love to make a Jedi that looks like her. Plus the tattoo isn’t a total deal breaker. You could make a character of a different class without it I think.

Yeah, as soon as I saw the tattoo I realized that but know I’m wondering something. With the changes coming in 7.0 will these class unique character customizations be opened up to all classes? At least between force using classes and tech using classes.

If that’s the case I’d love to make a Jedi that looks like her. Plus the tattoo isn’t a total deal breaker. You could make a character of a different class without it I think.

I'd need to go back on the PTS to confirm. I'm off work for my Christmas holidays (nothing exotic, mind, just not going to work), so I'll take a quick look. And yes, you can get the rest of it on any class, although the specific numbers might be different, especially for hairstyles.

I'd need to go back on the PTS to confirm. I'm off work for my Christmas holidays (nothing exotic, mind, just not going to work), so I'll take a quick look. And yes, you can get the rest of it on any class, although the specific numbers might be different, especially for hairstyles.

Confirmed - the tattoo options that are currently class-specific on Live are origin-specific on PTS.

Even though these comments are regarding SWTOR NPC chars we all know and love, I have run across a few Toons over the years that are "famous." First one that comes to mind is this player who was on regularly back in the day by the name of Mr. Miyagi, who would stalk me if we were on opposing teams in a PVP match; upon a successful kill, he would type "wax on; wax off."

I have also seen a player with green skin pigmentation, BT 4, short black hair running around in purple pants.

I have also seen a Peeter Paarker and a barbarian by the name of Adam HimDude.

Edited by robwettengel