MY friends are 50. they say nothing to do.

creampai

I've been 50 for a few days.

I've not completed all of the Bonus Missions on all of the planets yet (which I'm going back and working on now).

There's still lvl 22-23 Purple mods to install in all my armor and weapons, w/ the Daily Commendations. (have maybe 4 of those installed, so a ways to go there)

I need to max crafting. (having to buy matts as I chose Slicing and Underworld Trading).

Need to fully upgrade ship via CyberTech. (and do all space combat, which I've done none of yet)

Want to discover (via Underworld) and craft the highest level Mount there is.

Need to complete all Heroics and all Flashpoints. (done maybe 1/3 if that)

Want a bunch of matching armor sets. (only have 4-5 so far) << Fett-like Armor >>

Somewhere I saw Hutt BH armor (can't remember where) and I need Social IV for that.

Need to max my LS rating; need about 400 pts to go.

Also plan on doing a fair amount of PvP (hate that you can't choose which warzone you go into; that's very retroactive IMO)

Lot's do to yet.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No MMO's launch with an extensive Endgame, just look at WoW, Rift, Aion etc. etc. etc.

Then the patches that come after launch gives you: Bug fixes, Endgame content, more bug fixes, some minor balancing, endgame content, and did i mention the patches that you will get every few months will give you more ENDGAME content.

I remember WoW launch that had 2 instances, a 20man instance and 1 raid. And that raid instance was sooo bugged for about 2 months that you had to use exploits to kill the bosses.

People that rush to 50 in this game and complain have rushed to 50 in other games and complained on the forums in that game aswell. In time we will get all the things that are normal to a MMO's endgame but it will take about as long as it did in all other MMO's.

Quite so im afraid.

You see, they are hiding behind the "casual veil" where its normal to be level 10 17 days into games launch. Well I got news, if you play this game casually (with a job and social life,) its almost impossible not to reach level cap by now. This game is way easy to level in. But yes, we all clearly rushed for not wanting to reroll 7 times to listen to each class story and find each codex entry and datacron.

He's right.

And end-game is the goal.

Look at WoW, even before warzones when only molten core was around the whole goal was to farm to get your epic mount (because it was actually sorta difficult in that game at that time, unlike this game where 1 mil credits takes like...a brain and a few days)

Level up high-end professions.

Run MC and learn how to raid.

Do some world PVP.

With warzones well, you could spend endless hours in those, but you can't really do that here since every skill you try to execute takes 2+ seconds to its normal time and you have to hit the button at least 50 times.

They just need to fix the responsiveness of the game and fix the bugs in raids, that will stop a lot of the ************ and they can use that time to fix the other **** and add more content.

I love when people make this assumption.

I love the story lines I listen to every quest and don't skip scenes (unless if FP in which I've already seen them the first time).

Still got to 50 fast b/c its extremely easy. I don't even play all the time gotta work to make money.

I think if your not close to 50 either you hardly play the game at all or just bad at MMO's in general.

Well i can't play for 6 hours every night because I have a fiancee and a 7 year old son who i spend time with. Either way, every MMO ever never releases with enough content to keep people with too much time on their hands happy.

LOL i level just fine thank you but i feel no rush to move through this game quickly. There is a lot to enjoy along the way. When i see a datacron i get it. It might take me a half hour trying to find the way to it, but its worth it to me. I also get no xp for that time spent. I'd rather be having fun in game then getting to 50 and quitting because i'm bored. Sounds like I'm getting the most out of my money.

I have every datacron on my main, I have most on my 40. I have 400 slicing, 400 biochem, 400 bioanalysis. I have max relationship with Vette and Jaesa. I am PvP rank 34. I am social rank 6. (That one was hard, but playing with friends a lot while helping them... helps)

I'm NOT bored at 50, as you ASSUME in your post. (It only makes an *** out of you)

Edited by LexiCazam
Removed insult

Nope, i've actually been playing in my free time. Took a couple PTO days at launch, then the holiday stuff hit so wasn't online. Been playing in a hockey tourny the past couple days so havn't been on much. Its really not difficult to level fast without skipping conversations. Maybe i'm just better at it than you?

Nah, I'm just taking my time and enjoying the game. And I'm not the one raging about being bored. I think I might be doing it right.

Once the majority of players will be out of the "this game is so awesome. ps: I'm level 5" spree, this game is gonna crash and burn like the Hindenburg.

That was over on Dec 15. A bit of news for you. the game is still strong. Still having a great time.

I've been 50 for a few days.

I've not completed all of the Bonus Missions on all of the planets yet (which I'm going back and working on now).

There's still lvl 22-23 Purple mods to install in all my armor and weapons, w/ the Daily Commendations. (have maybe 4 of those installed, so a ways to go there)

I need to max crafting. (having to buy matts as I chose Slicing and Underworld Trading).

Need to fully upgrade ship via CyberTech. (and do all space combat, which I've done none of yet)

Want to discover (via Underworld) and craft the highest level Mount there is.

Need to complete all Heroics and all Flashpoints. (done maybe 1/3 if that)

Want a bunch of matching armor sets. (only have 4-5 so far) << Fett-like Armor >>

Somewhere I saw Hutt BH armor (can't remember where) and I need Social IV for that.

Need to max my LS rating; need about 400 pts to go.

Also plan on doing a fair amount of PvP (hate that you can't choose which warzone you go into; that's very retroactive IMO)

Lot's do to yet.

This is what I was going to say..... yay, people are 50! But they're newly dinged 50s, and we all know that newly dinged 50s are only there to be carried and ask where the end-game content is. 50s need to go and max themselves out before they start throwing a fit.

Well i can't play for 6 hours every night because I have a fiancee and a 7 year old son who i spend time with. Either way, every MMO ever never releases with enough content to keep people with too much time on their hands happy.

I work close to 80 hours a week.

I have a brand new baby (9 months now)

I am the sole operator of my business.

I have to spend a lot of time with my fiance once I get home.

I do yard work on the weekends.

I have a winter garden I tend to every day.

Once every month I still go in for Reserve duty for the weekend.

Your argument is COMPLETELY invalid.

No one who is playing this game the way it was meant to be played should be 50 yet. Keep skipping all the content (conversations and storyline) and then complain that you are bored. That makes a lot of sense.

please... I took a 3 week Christmas vacation from work, warned the wife, and even had to go stay at the Great Wolf Lodge for 5 days. Havent skipped any cutscenes. So trust me that excuse is old now.

Nah, I'm just taking my time and enjoying the game. And I'm not the one raging about being bored. I think I might be doing it right.

Oh thats perfectly fine and I agree with you there. I just gave you my retort because you called me a liar andthen insulted my social life (which i am still cryng about, i'm very sensative you know). :-)

Edited by Xothos

He's right.

And end-game is the goal.

Look at WoW, even before warzones when only molten core was around the whole goal was to farm to get your epic mount (because it was actually sorta difficult in that game at that time, unlike this game where 1 mil credits takes like...a brain and a few days)

Level up high-end professions.

Run MC and learn how to raid.

Do some world PVP.

With warzones well, you could spend endless hours in those, but you can't really do that here since every skill you try to execute takes 2+ seconds to its normal time and you have to hit the button at least 50 times.

They just need to fix the responsiveness of the game and fix the bugs in raids, that will stop a lot of the ************ and they can use that time to fix the other **** and add more content.

If you want to play WoW, go play WoW.

SWTOR is completely different in that it's heavily story-driven and doesn't focus on the endgame. There was a good thread yesterday that pointed out that in WoW, the game doesn't start until you hit level 85. In SWTOR, the game starts at level 1.

Again, if you want to play WoW, go play WoW. Crying that SWTOR isn't WoW isn't going to really go anywhere.

I have every datacron on my main, I have most on my 40. I have 400 slicing, 400 biochem, 400 bioanalysis. I have max relationship with Vette and Jaesa. I am PvP rank 34. I am social rank 6. (That one was hard, but playing with friends a lot while helping them... helps)

I'm NOT bored at 50, as you ASSUME in your post. (It only makes an *** out of you)

So...

you're an idiot.

This.

the fact that he can have this much done, already, is stupid.

If people were posting in WoW forums saying ("HEY DOODS, the game was released 17 days ago and I have EVERY FACTION maxed!!!, my EPIC MOUNTZ, ALL MY PROFESSIONS at 300!!!!!, FULL PVP GEAR, and am warlord rank!")

it would have been just mass chaos, I remember getting warlord alone took me TONS of effort, I had to work for 3 months playing almost 10-12 hours a day and I had to get involved with the most hardcore pvp guild on the server.

I had to wait my turn for my month so we could organize the points correctly.

This game is just too *********** easy and casual to an extreme level, with just minimal time and effort you can basically MAX out EVERYTHING.

SWTOR is completely different in that it's heavily story-driven and doesn't focus on the endgame. There was a good thread yesterday that pointed out that in WoW, the game doesn't start until you hit level 85. In SWTOR, the game starts at level 1.

Again, if you want to play WoW, go play WoW. Crying that SWTOR isn't WoW isn't going to really go anywhere.

and the game will die.

and content will stop being produced.

End-game is what keeps people around for 5,6,7,8 years.

Not leveling.

You obviously have no been playing MMo's for longer than 1 year maybe.

I've been playing for nearly 9.

End-game is the goal, and it is what keeps people subscribed.

With the pace of this game, if I wanted to I could do EVERY story in 6 months.

Bet.

then I'd unsub, and so would everyone else, and it would be over.

Is that what you want, because that's what you just said.

I want this game to succeed, I quit WoW 2 years ago and didn't MMO for a long time but this game isn't going to succeed without end-game.

It's what killed AOC and it will kill this game too.

Edited by Qishari
removed rude comments

So, something that I would venture to bring up that I think the OP is missing (Prolly cause he be trollin as mentioned) the reason they don't have anything to do @ 50 is cause they basically have no one to do anything w/. My highest toon right now is 40, and on the planets he's questing on there's often less than 10-20 people on the whole planet. Obviously that makes it hard to do Heroics & such.

It's going to be worse @ 50, so few people there I'd imagine it's like a ghost town. Wait till everyone catches up & is looking for level 50 FPs & starting to run Ops, we'll see how it is then.

Quite so im afraid.

You see, they are hiding behind the "casual veil" where its normal to be level 10 17 days into games launch. Well I got news, if you play this game casually (with a job and social life,) its almost impossible not to reach level cap by now. This game is way easy to level in. But yes, we all clearly rushed for not wanting to reroll 7 times to listen to each class story and find each codex entry and datacron.

I dont even start my job til next week so since launch i've had ALOT of free time...and my highest is 25.

I have a 25 Operative, 20 Inquisitor (who im remaking into an assassin), 17 sniper, 12 Inquisitor, and 12 Powertech. Only class i haven't made is my warrior. Some of us dont play 1 character for days to hit 50. If you do these things you wont be 50 by now....even with no job unless u play 24/7...vvvv

1. At least the Daily Warzones, and maybe more ( i love pvp)

2. Make alts trying out each class to see which one fits you before getting one too high and not wanting to check the others out.

3. Possibly making the other Advanced Class of one class as 9/10 times they are completely different play style.

4. Do space missions each day after you get your ship.

5. Get your gathering/crafting/missions up to match your level so they are actually useful.

6. Explore to get the datacrons you missed when you hit 25 and get your first speeder.

7. Run a flashpoint or 2 as you level

8. Run a guildie through a flashpoint or 2 or heroic quest to help them out and catch them up to the rest of the guild or gear them.

This is only 8 things i can think of off the top of my head without putting any thought into it.

If you did these things then...

* You wouldn't be bored at 50 already

* You wouldn't be waiting for your guildies or friends to catch up so you can do 50 Hard Modes and what not

* You would be spending less time QQing in the forums and more time on the actually game you are paying to play

Well then the game is doomed, Storyline is fun until it ends. Its the end game that keeps the money coming in and the servers running.

Edited by zorkz

and the game will die.

and content will stop being produced.

then you will feel like a big dumb mother****er.

End-game is what keeps people around for 5,6,7,8 years.

Not leveling.

You obviously have no been playing MMo's for longer than 1 year maybe.

I've been playing for nearly 9.

End-game is the goal, and it is what keeps people subscribed.

With the pace of this game, if I wanted to I could do EVERY story in 6 months.

Bet.

then I'd unsub, and so would everyone else, and it would be over.

Is that what you want, because that's what you just said.

No, end-game does not keep people around for years. New content does.

And again, if you want to play WoW, go back to WoW. Or at least stop complaining that SWTOR isn't WoW.

People who played WoW, and comment on end game, likely weren't around at release.

I'll repeat facts I mentioned before. First 3 months of WoW were endless UBRS to get "keyed" to Molten Core.

Then, 9 months, 9 months, of one, single, end game raid.

BWL was not released until after the summer.

When an MMO is new, everyone starts at 1. Low level content, for the ONLY time, is crucial and important.

After time, when the masses of customers are L50, their focus will change, and endgame content updates will become the focus, and leveling content will be less of the focus.

This is standard. This makes sense. This is exactly how that other MMO's proceeded.

Focus on leveling content, make a mandatory end game raid, and focus more and more on endgame over time, once people can use it.

Working as intended.

Edited by Spynnal

Age of Conan all over again.

I'm so scared that this might be correct

I hope not, I want to not have wasted my 60 dollars, so badly, but the fear is there anyway

I guess we just have to wait until it's time for a quarterly report, and we can get some solid info on sub numbers. I'm more anxious about that, then I was for the release of the game, at this point

People who played WoW, and comment on end game, likely weren't around at release.

I'll repeat facts I mentioned before. First 3 months of WoW were endless UBRS to get "keyed" to Molten Core.

Then, 9 months, 9 months, of one, single, end game raid.

BWL was not released until after the summer.

When an MMO is new, everyone starts at 1. Low level content, for the ONLY time, is crucial and important.

After time, when the masses of customers are L50, their focus will change, and endgame content updates will become the focus, and leveling content will be less of the focus.

This is standard. This makes sense. This is exactly how that other MMO proceeded.

Focus on leveling content, make a mandatory end game raid, and focus more and more on endgame over time, once people can use it.

Working as intended.

SWTOR is not competing with the WoW of 7 years ago, it is competing with the WoW of today.

So why bring it up?