Everyone get your backsides on PTS!

TonyTricicolo

No excuses this time around. Jump on it and test out the 7.0 features before it releases in February. Don't like what ya see? SAY SOMETHING! It's not often do you get this opportunity to affect change. The devs postponed the xpac because it wasn't ready before. Help them find things they didn't catch. Fresh eyes can see solutions. Seriously, put some skin in the game! Don't complain later when it's not what you expected or it's not what you like! Participate and see for your self or hold your tongue later!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

It's just hard to keep going when the very things you've reported repeatedly keep showing up in every new PTS version. The biggest problem for me is the lighting in the character creator. They still want that horrid blue and red lighting, because I guess it looks c00l, player enjoyment be damned!

Here's my thread on the subject: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=999471

Everyone get your backsides on PTS!

Agreed, we've witnessed weeks of forum b.s. by people making all manner of wild conjecture based on 4th-hand information who never bothered to get on the PTS themselves, like a discordant echo chamber where each wave of noise is just a poor distortion of the last.

People, get on the PTS. Find out for yourselves.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Problem is a lot of us don't feel the feedback is being utilized or valid. Beyond us gaining insight as to how to navigate incoming developer design flaws there's not much optimism otherwise.

They've had a passionate enough base to pour intel into their laps, but it historically hasn't seemed to make much of a difference once they get an idea in their head.

My advice is get the PTS if you're able to temper expectations and not easily frustrated. Hopefully they do start listening to feedback more n more and we can get thru to the devs, but not holding my breath for it.

Still commend your spirit of logic and hope my voiced concerns are proven wrong.

I feel like if I go on the PTS it will spoil everything that I would want to see on launch day. Nothing will surprise me if I know what's coming.

Fair. Note that they have not included the next portion of the story arc on PTS, if that helps.

Unsolicited advice if you skip PTS: Ignore what you read on the forums, most of it will be wrong.

Problem is a lot of us don't feel the feedback is being utilized or valid. Beyond us gaining insight as to how to navigate incoming developer design flaws there's not much optimism otherwise.

They've had a passionate enough base to pour intel into their laps, but it historically hasn't seemed to make much of a difference once they get an idea in their head.

My advice is get the PTS if you're able to temper expectations and not easily frustrated. Hopefully they do start listening to feedback more n more and we can get thru to the devs, but not holding my breath for it.

Still commend your spirit of logic and hope my voiced concerns are proven wrong.

Well, based on the changes to the Sentinel class on the current PTS, they did listen. On the previous PTS the Sentinel was slow and you didn't have enough abilities for a smooth combat flow (lots of waiting on cooldowns). Now the class plays a lot more like live and is back to its flashy appearance. It seems from feedback for some of the other classes (like Commando) that these changes were not across the board. Get on the PTS and play your favorite class and see how it feels then leave constructive feedback in the PTS forum.

No excuses this time around. Jump on it and test out the 7.0 features before it releases in February. Don't like what ya see? SAY SOMETHING! It's not often do you get this opportunity to affect change. The devs postponed the xpac because it wasn't ready before. Help them find things they didn't catch. Fresh eyes can see solutions. Seriously, put some skin in the game! Don't complain later when it's not what you expected or it's not what you like! Participate and see for your self or hold your tongue later!

This is hilarious. The devs have proven over and over again they don't look at the feedback from the PTS.

This is hilarious. The devs have proven over and over again they don't look at the feedback from the PTS.

I must disagree. My thread was moved into the official thread, so I do know that Jackie, at least, has looked at it. :)

I'm not trying to be flippant here. I just think that they are doing the best they can. Triaging bugs has got to be a miserable job, but it is necessary.

Not sure about that. I wrote a very long review of the Sentinel abilities comparing both but when I tried to post it on the forums it was all mess up so was given an email to get it email to someone and got a thank you for taking the time to submit the review.

Well, based on the changes to the Sentinel class on the current PTS, they did listen. On the previous PTS the Sentinel was slow and you didn't have enough abilities for a smooth combat flow (lots of waiting on cooldowns). Now the class plays a lot more like live and is back to its flashy appearance. It seems from feedback for some of the other classes (like Commando) that these changes were not across the board. Get on the PTS and play your favorite class and see how it feels then leave constructive feedback in the PTS forum.

How about hundreds of posts about how gutted and utterly unplayable is DPS Jugg/Guardian. How much more feedback is needed for blind eyes and deaf years?

How about hundreds of posts about how gutted and utterly unplayable is DPS Jugg/Guardian. How much more feedback is needed for blind eyes and deaf years?

Have you seen the change list for Guardian/Jugg for the most recent PTS build? I think it's about as long as the original Guardian PTS description post. Get out there, do some saber throws, and see if it's sufficiently rehabilitated or still needs more work.

I'm still working on Sage, Shadow, and Gunslinger so I haven't tried Guardian yet, but the list looked promising.

There's still a ton of stuff they need to work on, but the current PTS is a VAST improvement over the last one, and a lot of the improvements do seem to be based on feedback from the previous build.

I've seen a pretty epic void of backsides at PTS for a real long time now. It is strange BW in no way incentivizes participation. They should hand out junk like custom titles, flairs, cartel packs, I dunno. Whatever it takes to put a crowd in there. It has been a very long time since anything that requires other people to happen has happened on PTS. Starfighter, Warzones, Ops..barely any FPs. Nothing having to do with this stuff is getting tested. Edited by Stradlin

I've seen a pretty epic void of backsides at PTS for a real long time now. It is strange BW in no way incentivizes participation. They should hand out junk like custom titles, flairs, cartel packs, I dunno. Whatever it takes to put a crowd in there. It has been a very long time since anything that requires other people to happen has happened on PTS. Starfighter, Warzones, Ops..barely any FPs. Nothing having to do with this stuff is getting tested.

My memory is foggy on this, but I believe there was once a participation gimmie for being on PTS.

I've seen a pretty epic void of backsides at PTS for a real long time now. It is strange BW in no way incentivizes participation. They should hand out junk like custom titles, flairs, cartel packs, I dunno. Whatever it takes to put a crowd in there. It has been a very long time since anything that requires other people to happen has happened on PTS. Starfighter, Warzones, Ops..barely any FPs. Nothing having to do with this stuff is getting tested.

Group content not being tested is a problem with that community and not the PTS not giving out special rewards. Why is it that group players seem to think they need special rewards to participate in anything related to the game? The reward for doing this testing is a better game that is more enjoyable to play. If you choose not to participate in the testing, you have no ground to stand on complaining about what is wrong later.

Group content not being tested is a problem with that community and not the PTS not giving out special rewards. Why is it that group players seem to think they need special rewards to participate in anything related to the game? The reward for doing this testing is a better game that is more enjoyable to play. If you choose not to participate in the testing, you have no ground to stand on complaining about what is wrong later.

Testing group enough to make the group finder and pvp pop means many people need to spend hours, possibly many, on the PTS. When every task (working on crew skills, augmenting gear, doing any story quests, collecting various currencies) brings with it a question: "why am I doing this my character's going to be deleted soon" a lot of the drive that keeps many players (like me) in the game and active on live servers is not going to be there.

At the very least we need schedules "these hours are for pvp qs, these hours are for flashpoints, these are for ops".

There used to be a raid guild that would organize to test group content. I don't think they are still around, or at least they aren't play testing as a guild anymore.

I swear these forums make the least constructive place on net sometimes.

Any and all group based content needs other people to happen. There are very few people on PTS. It is not uncommon to see TOTAL amount of players online on PTS hovering somewhere between 20-40 or so. This during peak hours. This is too small amount of people to have group content happening at all. In general, it is too small amount of people to have some extensive amount of testing in general taking place over anything. Having things remain this way is preferable, since you dislike the idea of players getting some free junk for showing up on PTS. Ok.

I swear these forums make the least constructive place on net sometimes.

Any and all group based content needs other people to happen. There are very few people on PTS. It is not uncommon to see TOTAL amount of players online on PTS hovering somewhere between 20-40 or so. This during peak hours. This is too small amount of people to have group content happening at all. In general, it is too small amount of people to have some extensive amount of testing in general taking place over anything. Having things remain this way is preferable, since you dislike the idea of players getting some free junk for showing up on PTS. Ok.

There is nothing stopping you from organizing something. You could, I don't know, post something in one of the group content forums asking people to participate instead of complaining on the General forum that there is no reason for group players to participate. Take an active role in getting it done like you did with Conquest for GSF. I was on the PTS just yesterday and there were a lot more people on than I have ever seen before.

Edited by DWho

I don't think it's fair exactly to say that people not on PTS don't have the right to criticize the game or to expect quality gameplay. That theory would only hold water if the game were free to play for everyone not on PTS. That's not the case. A sub is basically required for decent gameplay for anyone. And everyone that pays sub money has the right to expect quality gameplay.

If there aren't enough people on PTS, then logic and common sense would say to find a way to incentivize people to join it. Thus, a reward system of some kind.

There is nothing stopping you from organizing something. You could, I don't know, post something in one of the group content forums asking people to participate instead of complaining on the General forum that there is no reason for group players to participate. Take an active role in getting it done like you did with Conquest for GSF. I was on the PTS just yesterday and there were a lot more people on than I have ever seen before.

"There aren't enough people on PTS to have group content happening" isn't a complaint as much as it is a fact. I assume you..actually want more people there too? ensuring it gathers a crowd isn't job of individual players quite as much as it is the job of BW. Or at least, BW without a doubt would be much more efficient at this job. Couple of cool titles for errybody, maybe cartel packs if they really wanna see it crowded. Problem solved. Why would this be an issue again?