Huttball: Do's and Don'ts.

Scelerant

Do:

Always look around for people to pass the ball to.

Pass the ball if you get down to 50% hp provided that everyone else isn't at lower health or you are being healed.

Knock the opposing team off the walkways into the pit.

Knock opposing players away from your own goal area into the pit.

Slow, Knock back or stun opponents chasing your own carrier.

Position yourself so the carrier can pass to you.

Knock away, interrupt and stun the opposing side's healers. Just imagine that the healer is being played by the person you hate the most in the entire world. If the healers on the opposing team felt like they were useful and had fun in the WZ, you are not doing your job.

Check if the opposing team's carrier has guard and if he/she does try to knock away or otherwise disable the person guarding them.

Do not:

Stand on the upper ledge of the walkway closest to your own goal as this allows any class with a charge, to jump up to you and thus score an easy goal.

Stand on the edge of the pit nearest your own goal line, as this allows your opponent to charge to you and score an easy goal.

Use stuns on the enemy ballcarrier unless it will be a guaranteed kill as this just builds the carriers resolve resulting in not being able to knock him/her off the walkway into the pit.

Run out of pass range of your own carrier.

Circle strafe yourself, it makes it very hard to hit you with a pass. Seriously, if you are ranged and there isn't a melee beating on you, don't run around like an idiot. If there is a melee beating on you, most people won't pass to you anyway.

If you just respawned, move away from the goal line area immediately as any class with a charge can charge you from halfway up the walkway and thus easily score.

Feel free to add you own Do's and Don'ts for Huttball.

Edited by Scelerant

DO:

Toss patchwork heals on the carrier when you notice the carrier is missing health and there is nobody healing. Yes, this means as a DPS spec, you can heal with excess ammo/whatever resource you use!

Use knockbacks to seperate a group of people and put the carrier by himself if he continues going forward.

Force Leap (it will immobilize them right away and ignore resolve) an enemy carrier while they are crossing the flames. If they trinket, you can stun and get an instant kill. If they don't, the flames will do about 30% of their health or more, depending if they are snared also.

Move ahead of the carrier and try to clear out any harassing enemy defenders on the walkways who plan to knock off/cc/kill your carrier.

Edited by Vlaid

Name that class please

Marauders/Sentinels supposedly have the least CC in the game, yet their immobilize from Force Charge appears to not be affected by resolve or force shroud. I know this because I was just now chain stunned with a full resolve bar and force shroud up by 3 Sentinels.

Marauders/Sentinels supposedly have the least CC in the game, yet their immobilize from Force Charge appears to not be affected by resolve or force shroud. I know this because I was just now chain stunned with a full resolve bar and force shroud up by 3 Sentinels.

Yes, but they said NO knockbacks or CC.

Commando's have a mezz and a 4 second stun. All things considered, I think that's the lowest.

And yeah, I've been force leaping enemy carriers crossing fire for a while now. It's great fun when they think they are safe with a full resolve crossing the fire them bam, rooted in the fire.

Dont: listen to this schlub

Do: immediately leave the warzone as soon as you see it's huttball.

Don't: put any faith in your teams ability to pass the ball and support the carrier because they will only let you down.

Do: have a good time, learn the game, and PASS THE BALL!!!!

These are some really good Do's and Don'ts, as a Warrior I really like to exploit some of the don'ts against my enemies. I.e Force Charge into goal with the ball

I have done that so many times, but people think its cheap or OP or whatever, meh I am gonna do it anyway. It is probably cheap for professional basketball players to pass the ball around too, but they do it anyway.

As I'm usually the leading healer in my Huttball, there is a clear dichotomy between wins and losses. In wins I stand away from the combat, unmolested, and heal the crap out of everybody; or I run around with the ballcarrier and healbot them while the enemy tries to outdamage my heals. In losses the enemy focuses on me FIRST, then the targets of my heals. Pretty simple, just like OP said. Kill the healers first, win the match.

...damn...why did I just tell people that...?

As I'm usually the leading healer in my Huttball, there is a clear dichotomy between wins and losses. In wins I stand away from the combat, unmolested, and heal the crap out of everybody; or I run around with the ballcarrier and healbot them while the enemy tries to outdamage my heals. In losses the enemy focuses on me FIRST, then the targets of my heals. Pretty simple, just like OP said. Kill the healers first, win the match.

...damn...why did I just tell people that...?

Quite frankly, I like to hang back when my group attacks on my assassin until I see who the healers are, then just open on the healer, interrupt, stun and dps so that the healer has to focus on himself instead of everyone else. It's usually a reflex for healers to try and keep themselves alive even if they would do their team the most good by just topping off as many as possible, taking the death and then running back.

Quite frankly, I like to hang back when my group attacks on my assassin until I see who the healers are, then just open on the healer, interrupt, stun and dps so that the healer has to focus on himself instead of everyone else. It's usually a reflex for healers to try and keep themselves alive even if they would do their team the most good by just topping off as many as possible, taking the death and then running back.

My first reflex is always Dirty Kick, then dropping as many HoTs as I can on nearby party members before the stun wears off and I get slaughtered. :p