To confirm: u can start a lvl 1 Jedi with Sith powers in 7.0 w/ DS 5 unlocked?

ForceFanatic

Just looking for confirmation. The new video SWTORISTA put out on Character Creation didn't seem to allow a jedi character to pick a sith combat style.

You cannot, mainly because it would make no sense to start as a sith padawan in a jedi story, but some time after the start of the story and with some dark side requirements I am guessing you ll be ale to change to a sith combat style while still being in the story of a jedi knight/consular.

From what I've gathered, Ralphie is correct;

When you create your character, you have to chose from their 'natural' alignment's Combat Styles; for a Jedi, that's Guardian, Sentinel, Sage and Shadow. Once you reach a certain point in your character's alignment progression, you're given a mission entitled "Training In The Force" wherein you can choose to switch to your Combat Style's alignment mirror (I.E. Juggernaut, Marauder, Sorcerer and Assassin).

Also part of "Training in The Force" and its Tech Combat Style counterpart "Training And Skills" is choosing your second Combat Style (for subscribers only, I believe).

Okay someone said on Reddit "No, not when creating the character. Once you reach dark side level one, then you will be able to select sith loadouts, is how I understand it"

That maybe makes more sense. You've got DS/LS maxxed out on other chars. Then u hit DS level 1 as a Jedi as u level, then can choose sith combat styles.

Does that sound right?

I think you can only learn Sith powers once you reach Dark I or something. But for story wise, if you want your Jedi to start out as evil, then grind some FP/Heroics for Dark Side points to get Sith powers before starting the main story. I think I'm gonna do that, not sure if the cutscenes will change or remain the same.

From what I've gathered, Ralphie is correct;

When you create your character, you have to chose from their 'natural' alignment's Combat Styles; for a Jedi, that's Guardian, Sentinel, Sage and Shadow. Once you reach a certain point in your character's alignment progression, you're given a mission entitled "Training In The Force" wherein you can choose to switch to your Combat Style's alignment mirror (I.E. Juggernaut, Marauder, Sorcerer and Assassin).

Also part of "Training in The Force" and its Tech Combat Style counterpart "Training And Skills" is choosing your second Combat Style (for subscribers only, I believe).

Wait, second Combat Style?

You cannot, mainly because it would make no sense to start as a sith padawan in a jedi story

Why do you sit here and make a guess then talk about it like its fact. You are 100% wrong. It may not make sense but you 100% CAN do it. I have done it 3x on the PTS. Those who have said you cant didnt copy a toon with Dark 5 onto the PTS and log into it first. Doing this along with opening the crate on Odessen will unlock the achieve on your PTS account. You must also open the crate on Odessen on the Dark 5 Character only.

Just looking for confirmation. The new video SWTORISTA put out on Character Creation didn't seem to allow a jedi character to pick a sith combat style.

None of these folks are right. Instead of simply guessing they should have made toons on the PTS. You NEED Dark 5 Achieve. To get this on the PTS you must First copy a character over with Dark 5 achieve and log into it. Open the create on Odessen. Then Log out. After this you will have the dark 5 achievement. At level 1 you CAN select sith Powers. Make your character as you normally do. I have done this on the PTS. When your level 1 Quest starts hit esc. You will have an additional Quest called "Training in the Force". Start that Quest and you can Select Sith Powers. Then continue your normal story as a Jedi with Sith abilities

I thought it was said, if you have dark side V (or LS V for the Empire) in your legacy, you can start out as whatever you want.

You can these folks are just making random guesses which is silly

Okay someone said on Reddit "No, not when creating the character. Once you reach dark side level one, then you will be able to select sith loadouts, is how I understand it"

That maybe makes more sense. You've got DS/LS maxxed out on other chars. Then u hit DS level 1 as a Jedi as u level, then can choose sith combat styles.

Does that sound right?

It Requires Dark 5 achievement. To get the achievement on the PTS and test it for yourself do what I said above. Yes you can do it at level 1 just not at the character creation screen. If you have Dark 5 you will have an additional Quest called "Training in the Force" at login to a lvl 1 jedi toon. Same with Light 5 for Imperial side

Hope this helps you OP

Edited by Zergnaut

I haven't tried Jedi/Sith characters yet, but you should absolutely be able to do it.

I've made a Merc (story) with the Sniper skills and a Smuggler (story) with Merc skills.

...edit...

I just tried making a Warrior / Sage

At least on the character creation screen, it isn't available.

That's completely different than the non-force user classes.

Edited by Darev

Why do you sit here and make a guess then talk about it like its fact. You are 100% wrong. It may not make sense but you 100% CAN do it. I have done it 3x on the PTS. Those who have said you cant didnt copy a toon with Dark 5 onto the PTS and log into it first. Doing this along with opening the crate on Odessen will unlock the achieve on your PTS account. You must also open the crate on Odessen on the Dark 5 Character only.

None of these folks are right. Instead of simply guessing they should have made toons on the PTS. You NEED Dark 5 Achieve. To get this on the PTS you must First copy a character over with Dark 5 achieve and log into it. Open the create on Odessen. Then Log out. After this you will have the dark 5 achievement. At level 1 you CAN select sith Powers. Make your character as you normally do. I have done this on the PTS. When your level 1 Quest starts hit esc. You will have an additional Quest called "Training And Skills". Start that Quest and you can Select SIth Powers. Then continue your normal story as a Jedi with Sith abilities

You can these folks are just making random guesses which is silly

It Requires Dark 5 achievement. To get the achievement on the PTS and test it for yourself do what I said above. Yes you can do it at level 1 just not at the character creation screen. If you have Dark 5 you will have an additional Quest called "Training And Skills" at login to a lvl 1 jedi toon. Same with Light 5 for Imperial side

Hope this helps you OP

I copied my Warrior to PTS and I have DS V and LS V unlocked on my Achievements. Didn't allow me to make Juggernaut in creation and I didn't see how to change it in game. Is there something else one has to do.

A quest follows character creation.

On PTS during character creation, I selected the Knight origin story, and the sage combat style.

After character creation, I launched the Training In the Force quest, and after completing that, had a Jedi with both the consular sage and sith assassin combat styles.

The quest dumped me out in front of the Jedi temple on Tython.

Level 1. My LS/DS was 0 (neutral).

Edited by xordevoreaux

On PTS during character creation, I selected the Knight origin story, and the sage combat style.

After character creation, I launched the Training In the Force quest, and after completing that, had a Jedi with both the consular sage and sith assassin combat styles.

This 100%

I copied my Warrior to PTS and I have DS V and LS V unlocked on my Achievements. Didn't allow me to make Juggernaut in creation and I didn't see how to change it in game. Is there something else one has to do.

As the poster said above its not at character creation. As I said in my original comment exit the starting cinematic after you make your jedi or sith and you will have an extra quest called "Training in the Force" launch that

Proof

https://i.imgur.com/ajTZj9V.png

Edited by Zergnaut

That basically means everyone is going to have stealth now.

That basically means everyone is going to have stealth now.

Uhm no, there's many people who might like 2 combat styles that dont have stealth a lot more than the stealth combat styles, and not everyone is an efficiency obsessed metaslave.

For myself I will more than likely be going for sniper and powertech.

Uhm no, there's many people who might like 2 combat styles that dont have stealth a lot more than the stealth combat styles, and not everyone is an efficiency obsessed metaslave.

For myself I will more than likely be going for sniper and powertech.

Not talking about any meta, who doesn't like skipping annoying trash mobs.

Massive assumption there as to how people wish to play their characters.

The main thing though - we don't know enough yet. It seems on PTS right now existing characters don't have the option of changing their combat styles, just to get a second one. Also, if you're forced to play a LS combat style when you start a Jedi, it would mean that your only option to play a DS combat style would be to pick one as your second style...

The main thing though - we don't know enough yet. It seems on PTS right now existing characters don't have the option of changing their combat styles, just to get a second one. Also, if you're forced to play a LS combat style when you start a Jedi, it would mean that your only option to play a DS combat style would be to pick one as your second style...

yeah we definitely need clarifications cuz you rly shouldnt be wasting a combat style slot as a mirror combat style

yeah we definitely need clarifications cuz you rly shouldnt be wasting a combat style slot as a mirror combat style

As a force user you will be able to pick any of the remaining 7 combat styles if your legacy has unlocked dark 5 same for picking a sith. If you have light 5 then a sith can pick any style. Nothing is locked to the mirror class.