Elom Flashpoint: VETERAN Mode Feedback

JackieKo

There's no way to complete the flashpoint. You get to the exit location and there's a shuttle that you can't interact with. Only way out is to use the exit area button on the ui, which doesn't complete the flashpoint, it just throws you out and resets the entire flashpoint.

Which is going to make completing the flashpoint weekly for the title reward somewhat impossible -_o

your right this glitch needs to be fixed, but it won't make it impossible to get the weekly done. There are 8 other FP's which aren't broken. Pray you get one of those instead of the new one.

your right this glitch needs to be fixed, but it won't make it impossible to get the weekly done. There are 8 other FP's which aren't broken. Pray you get one of those instead of the new one.

Nobody will be queuing for those, though fortunately I was able to do Hammer Station Veteran mode by myself.

Less fortunately, the weekly is bugged. It didn't count the FP completion :/

Edited by Mevan

Nobody will be queuing for those, though fortunately I was able to do Hammer Station Veteran mode by myself.

Less fortunately, the weekly is bugged. It didn't count the FP completion :/

Because you need to use GF for the FP completion on the PTS. From my experience all of them need to be checked as well.

Edited by Toraak

Absolutely impossible to complete Bioware's little errand then. Wonderful :S

It's not impossible. Look for a group on fleet and queu. I was in queu solo and got 5 pops to get mine done, and that was with having 2 of them glitch out and not give me credit for them for the weekly.

If your having issues getting pops, it may also depend on what hour of the day your playing it. Do you play at EU peak time or US peak time or do you play in off hours? I found for the FP queu's playing during EU or US peak times was better, but when I did the PvP weekly doing it in the late morning US 10 am-1pm eastern time I got a solid amount of PvP pops.

It's not impossible. Look for a group on fleet and queu. I was in queu solo and got 5 pops to get mine done, and that was with having 2 of them glitch out and not give me credit for them for the weekly.

If your having issues getting pops, it may also depend on what hour of the day your playing it. Do you play at EU peak time or US peak time or do you play in off hours? I found for the FP queu's playing during EU or US peak times was better, but when I did the PvP weekly doing it in the late morning US 10 am-1pm eastern time I got a solid amount of PvP pops.

The issue isn't pops (like yourself I've been able to cover both peak times), it's that everyone is doing the new FP, which, being busted, isn't giving credit. I've already done the PvP weekly (even a Huttball and Hypergate match), all 3 class chapters and almost all the xpacs. Just need to do the FPs weekly and I'll be pretty much done.

Really hoping BW just fix this before LotS launches. It's already a huge ask just for a few alright titles, but to put so much work in only to find the last hurdle is broken...

Going to keep trying and hope I find my way around it, naturally, but I think I can see the writing on the wall :(

The issue isn't pops (like yourself I've been able to cover both peak times), it's that everyone is doing the new FP, which, being busted, isn't giving credit. I've already done the PvP weekly (even a Huttball and Hypergate match), all 3 class chapters and almost all the xpacs. Just need to do the FPs weekly and I'll be pretty much done.

Really hoping BW just fix this before LotS launches. It's already a huge ask just for a few alright titles, but to put so much work in only to find the last hurdle is broken...

Going to keep trying and hope I find my way around it, naturally, but I think I can see the writing on the wall :(

FWIW, I don't think you have to run Elom to get any of the rewards. Much more tricky is getting to the 322 IR, I think

I know this is for veteran mode, but I also wanted to let know my concern that the story version of the second boss needs to be looked at. The way is designed is that it tends to spawn more and more enemies within a short time window, but at times this window can get pretty inconsistent when trying to complete the main objective, so on top of all the traps and attacks the boss is doing, you have spawning non stop of ads that just don't give you enough breathing room. The design of this is great and definitely fun for a group flashpoint, but it looks like so far the story version is still treating players like it is a group situation. The mechanics itself are fun though, is just the endless ads that ruin it, because there's no consistency to the spawns for a solo player, not sure if maybe there is something bugged with the spawns but wanted to at least pass it on my feedback with it. Everything else with the FP seems fine so far, was just that bit that led to many failed attempts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just ran this in Solo Story Mode (from the Activity Finder).

Level 80 Tactics Vanguard with Influence 50 Elara Dorn.

The trash stuff was fine. Just enough to be interesting. Not too hard, not too easy.

I didn't have any trouble with the first boss

2nd boss was a different story. It took me a few tries to figure out the mechanic for destroying the cores. The problem I had was keeping Elara from standing in the stupid. I never got past the 3rd core because she died.

I know these things are supposed to be hard, but I feel like the adds on this phase is a bit overtuned for the average player. It feels like one of those flashpoints that I'll do a few times for the story, then just skip it for the rest of the alts.

One other note. I normally run with "Very High" graphics and have no issues, but this area was too laggy. I had to set it down to "Medium" before I could rotate my camera smoothly. It was particularly bad in the outdoor area when you first enter the FP.

• 1 month later...
I just gave up.... I beat malgus 5 times without encountering this bug, Then I hit this but on 2 characters over and over. Always when I am about to beat malgus he one shots me one way or another. I hope they fix this soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is for Veteran but these points also count for Master.

How do you feel about the boss balance?

- Boss balance is fine, except for two things: The bonus boss AoE from ND-66 is very difficult to hit AG-99. 50% of the time AG-99 is clearly standing in the AoE but does not get hit by it. Also, the debuff seems to stack too fast.

Malgus: the fight is fine but Reckless Assault is just tedious. Without a ranged DPS to stand in the middle, most groups are just hiding until he finishes this attack, then resuming to chip away 20% of his HP. Not sure what to do here other than just removing the ability or not allowing players to hide. The latter would suck because the mechanic is just not engaging.

How do you feel about the trash balance?

The trash is absolutely fine to fight but the auto-trigger trash is very frustrating. I know you said you want people to fight your enemies but forcing them with auto-triggers just becomes tedious. It isn't as bad as Umbara, because the trash is 'on the way', but it's still boring.

Are you experiencing any functionality issues? If so, please explain in detail.

You still fall through the floor on the knockback from the first boss. Before the second boss, the trash pack on the right hand side building of the first switch spawns twice. As stated above, the bonus boss mechanic to hit AG-99 is very hard to hit, whilst the others are very easy.

Are there any friction points that hinder your progress?

The main standout friction is the mountain ascent. It's horrible that you have to kill each pack to progress. Being on a mountain obviously entices people to knock the enemies off but more than half the time they bug, go below the map or just respawn. The bombing AoE is very painful and punishes groups who do not stick together. This is by far the heaviest 'friction' point for me.

Are the objectives clear and easily understandable?

Yes, there are no problems with what to do. The only comment I can make here is to signpost which class takes which obelisk for bonus boss.

How does the pacing of combat feel?

It's fine but I don't know what you were thinking by forcing people to fight trash rather than skip it. The flashpoint in solo takes 20 minutes minimum. On Master it takes almost 1 hour. This is double the time in comparison to Secrets of the Enclave. No wonder people are auto-quitting when this pops in GF, just like Umbara.

Please give us details on your experience with the stone stair segment where you need to traverse a tight path with enemies and other area dangers.

It's truly awful; the worst part of the dungeon. The simple fact that you can't rush past, or at LEAST safely kill the mobs by knockback is horrible. On top of that, the very strong bombing AoE that punishes groups that don't move together makes this by far the worst part of the entire flashpoint

Conclusion:

This flashpoint is very pleasing aesthetically, and the boss encounters are fun. There are too many bugs and 'forced' combat interactions, though, that make this a slog rather than a pleasure to play. Once I get my 25 clears I will absolutely leave the group when this flashpoint pops unless changes are made