Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Played WOW after playing SWTOR this is what i found

DarthDolemite

Wait...a post about how WoW has a vast open world? Its more phased and instanced than SWTOR. At least SWTOR's instanced zones are blocked off. WOW, the vast majority of the zone is instanced based on what questlines youve completed there. Its no longer persistent at all.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"haha get a life go out in real life loser"

Yeah, I go hiking and mountain biking in REAL LIFE on a regular basis kiddo.

I happen to enjoy exploration quite a bit (be it real life or video games), and enjoyed going around WoW's world (which actually feels like a WORLD).

Keep on keeping on my deluded drone, coddle that phallus.

Still trying to figure out who you quoted there as I never said anything remotely close to what you put in quotes.

Kiddo? I'm 64 years old, I'm far from a "kiddo."

If you enjoy going around WoW's world so much, why are you still here in this world? Did you subscribe to pay to play this game after your 30 days are up? Will you play after? If so, why?

This much, I do agree with.

I understand I'll be told "It was not meant to be a sandbox, etc"........but I will always wish that was the case.

However, I still love to play the game. Still hooked on it. I just.....wish it was more open.

Openworld doesnt=sandbox. Theres no way wow is in anyway a sandbox game but its totally open world and really does feel more like a world.

Openworld doesnt=sandbox. Theres no way wow is in anyway a sandbox game but its totally open world and really does feel more like a world.

Do explain this to me. Cataclysm added so many phases its unlikely youll see as many people as you used to in the same area. Why? because they arent in the same area, they are in another phase of the same area. SWTOR's blocked off group/class phases are much better in this regard.

Jumped on my mount started running through the fields of near Sentinel Hill to help my son do a quest.

Then I stopped for a second and looked around me as my mount stood in a meadow and it hit me.

This is what SWTOR is missing, I looked all around me and saw a open world, the sun was setting before night and it felt open, open I say and I didnt feel restricted at all.

As I was thinking this a group of 15 or so players ran by me heading out to kill a group of horde that were killing npc's in Moonglade.

Thats what we call MMORPG and that is what SWTOR is not.

then go back to wow.

this is a game called SWTOR. NOT wow. it will NOT be wow.

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz.

why are you here if you have left yourself back at wow.

Yeah let's all go outside tonight and watch the twin suns of Tatooine set. Maybe tomorrow I'll go explore another planet since it's Saturday. No I think you missed my point but like I said as long as you get what you want...

This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way, right away. Ya, I think I got your point.

If you want daylight, go to Taris.

If you want night, go to Nar Shadaa.

If you want a sunset, go outside.

If you want to run up to a mountain and then climb it, go outside.

Other than that, strap on your lightsaber, load your blaster pistol and go do something productive in the gaming community other than crying about the lack of sunsets in a video game.

They do but the mountains and oceans are a much much much longer mount run than the ones on SWTOR , much larger areas in WOW is not even comparable.

SWTOR is like a garage, walls on a 4 sides.

WOW is like a stadium walls on all 4 sides.

Well best you pop back over to WoW then eh? You are obviously not happy with this game so why whine about it when you can just go back there? Some of us love this game, you don't, there's a door over there, use it! Sick of hearing this crap, just go back to Panda land already.

Edited by Mashy

I'm going to have to say that I didnt read this entire thread, so...

If you like wow better, which a lot of people do, why are you making posts here?

I will play swtor just like I played wow when it was released. I will wait for the patches and nerfs and buffs. I will play it through the class reworks. I will do all those things because that is what a game goes through.

What people really do fail to understand is that you cannot compare swtor to wow. However, you can compare it to wow when it was released... with its bugs and ques and all the badness that was removed over the years. And then you will retort with all the years they had to make the game, well guess what internets, wow had the same amount of years in development.

No game is ever perfect at release. Nothing is ever smooth and the game will not appeal to everyone.

Surely larger play areas would dilute the space that people could interact, in other words making the world feel even more empty, which in WoW is very common, unless you sit in a capital city like everyone

Once again this is all down to personal preference

Edited by Lonewolf

Man, if you guys keep tellin everyone who makes a suggestion for this game to go back to wow, there won't be anyone left playing swtor.

yeah. because the only people who play games, star wars or mmos are wow players.

while you are at it, why dont you go back to wow ? since you have just demonstrated that what you understand to be 'mmo gamers' constitute of 'wow'.

Still trying to figure out who you quoted there as I never said anything remotely close to what you put in quotes.

Kiddo? I'm 64 years old, I'm far from a "kiddo."

If you enjoy going around WoW's world so much, why are you still here in this world? Did you subscribe to pay to play this game after your 30 days are up? Will you play after? If so, why?

Subscription is already cancelled.

I'm just ventilating my disappointment with this mediocre trash game, especially since with this game dies any hopes of any decent Star Wars games to be released for the next 5 years.

I've tried to enjoy this game, but I can't. I can hardly push myself to keep on leveling and I'm only in the 20's.

The only decent thing about this game is the alright IA story-line. Everything else is just bland mediocrity.

Don't worry about me, I definitely wont be around much longer (on these boards or in-game).

Man, if you guys keep tellin everyone who makes a suggestion for this game to go back to wow, there won't be anyone left playing swtor.

When your suggestion is to totally redo the game that isnt exactly a suggestion. This game is never going to be open like WoW is. Its not designed like that. If you make reasonable suggestions they are listened to. If you keep saying you want WoW the star wars expansion of course people will tell you go back. If I wanted WoW Id freakin play WoW. I want something different and this is it.

You can tell me to go back to WoW until you're blue in the face. It's not happening. Not because I'm a SWTOR fanboy (which I am proud to say that I am), but because WoW died for me in the Cataclysm expansion. The announcement of Pandas in Panda Land being trained in Kung Fu by Chuck Norris while playing Pokemon pretty much sealed the deal forever for me.

Do I love everything about SWTOR? Certainly not, but I think they have one hell of a product that I will gladly pay for on a monthly basis for my entertainment wants/needs.

I'm just ventilating my disappointment with this mediocre trash game, especially since with this game dies any hopes of any decent Star Wars games to be released for the next 5 years.

I've tried to enjoy this game, but I can't. I can hardly push myself to keep on leveling and I'm only in the 20's.

The only decent thing about this game is the alright IA story-line. Everything else is just bland mediocrity.

Don't worry about me, I definitely wont be around much longer (on these boards or in-game).

We will all be so sad when you are finally gone too. You are a ray of sunshine in a deep dark forest.

this mediocre trash game,

random persona in mmo forum : 'mediocre trash game'

industry statistics : fastest growing mmo

industry awards : game of the year award 2 weeks into launch.

yes. hahahahaa .............. hahahaa .... heheheehe ......

thank you.

You can tell me to go back to WoW until you're blue in the face. It's not happening. Not because I'm a SWTOR fanboy (which I am proud to say that I am), but because WoW died for me in the Cataclysm expansion. The announcement of Pandas in Panda Land being trained in Kung Fu by Chuck Norris while playing Pokemon pretty much sealed the deal forever for me.

so you are basically :

Do I love everything about SWTOR? Certainly not, but I think they have one hell of a product that I will gladly pay for on a monthly basis for my entertainment wants/needs.

here for trying to turn swtor into wow, because blizzard has changed wow from what you want it to be.

thank you for proving all of my arguments/propositions in below thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105588

Play the game that bests suits you and what you want out of it. BW didn't make this game for you and so if it's not your thing then play another game. I wouldn't go on a Modern Warfare 3 forum and say they need vehicles because the kind of shooter I like to play has them. I just play the one with the vehicles. I respect your opinion and hope that Wow, or any other game you play gives you tons of entertainment, but please refrain from saying that SWTOR is "missing" something because it's something you like that is not part of the game.

I respect your opinion and hope that Wow, or any other game you play gives you tons of entertainment, but please refrain from saying that SWTOR is "missing" something because it's something you like that is not part of the game.

see, sefrix, the problem is, you respect their opinion,

but,

they dont respect yours or anyone else's.

for them, the game HAS to be as they want it - basically, what blizzard kicked out of wow, has to be included in this game.

because ........ well ......... thats how THEY want it.

and then que all the rationalizations about what a mmo should be - it should be like wow !!

I tried to get through the first sentence you posted, but couldn't. My apologies. I've read it 5 times now and cannot for the life of me figure out the meaning of it. Maybe I'm just old and my eyes are not as good as they once were ...

This game isn't for everyone. It's not your cup of tea, we get it. My question to you is; If you're not sticking around, why are you here spewing venom about the game and those that are defending it? Is this your way of going out with a bang?

It's your money and you spend it the way you see fit. Your entertainment values are different than mine. Agree to disagree and move along with our lives. And yes, I will worry about you.

Because I am your father.

:csw_vader:

Take care!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.