Played WOW after playing SWTOR this is what i found

DarthDolemite

Easy now. I have been in so many SWTOR caves are the same caves on different planets. Many of the layouts are all the same.

Right, because I never recognized the layout of a cave in WoW as being the same cave layout from another area...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly , I waited for tatooine to see if it was open enough....Tatooine is were I had enough of being closed in.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH how much more open space do you need for godsake?

The funny thing is I never feel restricted in TOR...The open areas you can access are plenty big...Why fill it up with more useless areas...Theres plenty

Also, like someone else stated, the are plenty of areas in WOW where you are restricted by mountains or something so I dont relly see the difference here

I dont feel anymore restricted in TOR then I did in WOW...bottom line

Yes , one way I was resricted by a mountain, another way i was restricted by a exhaustion zone.

then you didnt explore very much did you. In anchorhead there is a fence around the city. BUT go to the next speeder location and you can ride your bike all over the place. Open your map.. all those places covered by fog are explorable. Just give it some effort next time. Or just stay at wow.

You do realize that wow has 3 different "worlds" but each area is connected thus making it feel more open?

Actually, it has 4 different "worlds", Kalimdor, Easter Kingdoms, Outlands, and Northrend. And they are not connected. When you want to go from one to the other, you have to do EXACTLY what you do in SWTOR, go to something that travels you to that new "world" and wait through a loading screen.

Elwynn forest had a wide side opening to Duskwood.

Westfall had an entire coast that was clear and you could walk to Duskwood of Elwynn without having to cross the designated area.

From Tanaris you could jump down into Un'goro at multiple points.

In Silverpine forest you could swim across a lake and enter Hillsbrad.

So off the top of my head, Elwynn, Westfall, Duskwood, Tanaris, Hillsbrad and Silverpine forest.

Nice, now go to one of the panets in SWTOR that aren't city planets and do that. I did that alot on Tython.

Edited by Kemosobe

I will judge the game more once the FPS issues are fixed and I'm lvl 50. I'm not going to do warzones with 20-30fps.

WoW for me once I dinged lvl 60 my goal was to reach rank 14 that was a hell of alot of end game content mind you only doing 3 bg's each day lol a bit tedious, but I had great fun with pre-mades, Once I reached that goal I decided to go PVE hell we all know how much level 60 content there was. of course I went back at lvl 70/85 I must admit I didn't play much lvl 70 content at all, and probably 100hrs at 85 on varies of toons.

Blizzard kept things simple, that's why it works so well. though I still think pvp is a complete mess now on WoW. especially battlegrounds since classes were balanced around 3v3 arena afaik.

I'm enjoying star wars so far, good story. combat system seems pretty nice, But something lacks right now. Dunno if it was because when I joined Warzones at lvl 11 expecting pvp brackets, there was a bunch of 50's and I had 20-30fps - no fun

Level 60 PvE content after 3 years of Vanilla WoW -

Dire Maul

Stratholme

Scholomance

Lower Black Rock Spire

Upper Black Rock Spire

Zul'Gurub

Onyxia

Molten Core

Blackwing Lair

Ahn'Qiraj 20/40

Naxxaramas

Problem is the majority of the player base even after THREE YEARS was still stuck in the ZG/Molten stage of progression raiding but you had the hardcore elite demanding new content. Enter TBC. Gobbled up again by the hardcore gamers, but not all of it was experienced by the casual crowd. Enter WOTLK - Raiding becomes semi-casual friendly. Let's rehash Naxx and make it relevant for this expansion since we have old content that nobody is using and a minority of the players who still play experienced anyway. This was the beginning of the end in my opinion.

Sorry wanted to take that from you there. As far as having 20-30 fps in Warzones are you sure it's not an issue on your end? I agree there should eventually be some brackets in warzones especially since the people who come in at level 10 get stomped because they have 1 talent point, no gear and essentially 8 skills to use against players who have around 20.

Actually, it has 4 different "worlds", Kalimdor, Easter Kingdoms, Outlands, and Northrend. And they are not connected. When you want to go from one to the other, you have to do EXACTLY what you do in SWTOR, go to something that travels you to that new "world" and wait through a loading screen.

Those "worlds" are about 500000x the size of any of SWTORs "worlds"

Edited by Wazooty

Jumped on my mount started running through the fields of near Sentinel Hill to help my son do a quest.

Then I stopped for a second and looked around me as my mount stood in a meadow and it hit me.

This is what SWTOR is missing, I looked all around me and saw a open world, the sun was setting before night and it felt open, open I say and I didnt feel restricted at all.

As I was thinking this a group of 15 or so players ran by me heading out to kill a group of horde that were killing npc's in Moonglade.

Thats what we call MMORPG and that is what SWTOR is not.

You're calling Westfall an open world? You can only get out of the zone by going east, unless you want to swim close enough to the shore to go north or south and those routes take a loooong time to get anywhere. Only in the past year was flying mounts added to that zone, and flightpaths are just taxi points.

You're calling Westfall an open world? You can only get out of the zone by going east, unless you want to swim close enough to the shore to go north or south and those routes take a loooong time to get anywhere. Only in the past year was flying mounts added to that zone, and flightpaths are just taxi points.

You have the option to walk where the flight paths go in wow. In SWTOR you HAVE to fly to these areas because they're divided by impassible barriers or "death zones".

rename thread title to "played lineage 2 after playing wow and this is what i found"

Jumped on my stryder started running through the fields of near Gludio to help my son do a quest.

Then I stopped for a second and looked around me as my mount stood in a meadow and it hit me.

This is what wow is missing, I looked all around me and saw a open world, the sun was setting before night and it felt open, open I say and I didnt feel restricted at all.

As I was thinking this a group of 15 or so players ran by me heading out to kill a group of reds that were killing npc's near elven village.

Thats what we call MMORPG and that is what wow is not.

btw i doubt you're on the 2-3 wow servers with any world pvp left.

not that i have anythign against wow, but this game isn't any less open than wow really is. it's pretty much the same in the scope of things.

just because wo hides the phasing better doesn't mean you can ever go back to those places once you've finished the quests or help lowbies do them anymore, since wotlk introduced world phasing quests.

at least in swtor i can help guildies with quests i've completed and see their choices in phases i've already done. can't do that in wow in years now.

Edited by dirtyklingon

Here's a thought why dont you stay playing wow and stop making stupid threads here.

Ive always wondered this... if another game offers what they want why don't they just play it instead of wanting to make another game he same way... Swtor obviously has something if your still here

Those "worlds" are about 500000x the size of any of SWTORs "worlds"

so you would rather SWTOR only have 4 actual planets so they could do like your beloved WoW?

EDIT: 2 actually seeing as WoW only has 2 "worlds" when it launched.

Edited by Kemosobe

cancel your account and play wow then

not all mmos are the same.

you think wow is open world? lol try playing an older mmo like anarchy online or SWG it makes wow look as linear as SWTOR. In AO you had an hour walk just to get to the place to grind mobs at around lvl 210.... and 1 level would take you a good 12-14 hours of non stop grinding mobs.....

SWTOR is just right in my opinion....

Having played AO and WoW I have to agree With Riotus on this. SWTOR has a good balance and I do not think any game will ever match Anarchy's shadowlevels *shudder* now that was a grindfest that put the original EQ to shame...

I have two level 27 characters in SWTOR it's taken me around two weeks (I was a preorder early access) unlike WoW where I could hit 85 in a week AND be geared for raiding.....

Thank you BioWare for giving this game a challenge (or at least other things to do besides grind to max level quickly).

The problem with TOR is Bioware took the theme park concept so far that the game feels like a single player game mixed with a few multiplayer components. There is a lot of work to be done for this game to feel like a true MMORPG. While fun, the game isn't there yet.

Elwynn forest had a wide side opening to Duskwood.

Westfall had an entire coast that was clear and you could walk to Duskwood of Elwynn without having to cross the designated area.

From Tanaris you could jump down into Un'goro at multiple points.

In Silverpine forest you could swim across a lake and enter Hillsbrad.

So off the top of my head, Elwynn, Westfall, Duskwood, Tanaris, Hillsbrad and Silverpine forest.

When you are on a planet traveling from zone to zone, there is plenty of areas that are open as you walk through...Only difference is you must travel to a different planet in order to get a truely new area...

We are talking to different scenarios here...Inter-continental travel verses planet travel

That 'freedom' is nothing more than an illusion. If you like WoW, just go play it. Nobody's forcing you to play TOR, and people aren't going to appreciate your attempts at turning something that is not WoW, into WoW.

We all LEFT WoW for a reason!

Dire Maul

Stratholme

Scholomance

Lower Black Rock Spire

Upper Black Rock Spire

Zul'Gurub

Onyxia

Molten Core

Blackwing Lair

Ahn'Qiraj 20/40

Naxxaramas

Problem is the majority of the player base even after THREE YEARS was still stuck in the ZG/Molten stage of progression raiding but you had the hardcore elite demanding new content. Enter TBC. Gobbled up again by the hardcore gamers, but not all of it was experienced by the casual crowd. Enter WOTLK - Raiding becomes semi-casual friendly. Let's rehash Naxx and make it relevant for this expansion since we have old content that nobody is using and a minority of the players who still play experienced anyway. This was the beginning of the end in my opinion.

Sorry wanted to take that from you there. As far as having 20-30 fps in Warzones are you sure it's not an issue on your end? I agree there should eventually be some brackets in warzones especially since the people who come in at level 10 get stomped because they have 1 talent point, no gear and essentially 8 skills to use against players who have around 20.

Yup, was there, and I walked away for over a year because it became nothing more than people yelling..

Make a new class!

Not what I wanted, leveling a different toon through the same area and quest..over and over.

Yet here I have made about every toon, and I am enjoying the story and don't feel like leveling.

The other things will come.

And I bet TOR will get an expansion out in a shorter time than 3 years.

Edited by Fraxture

Dire Maul

Stratholme

Scholomance

Lower Black Rock Spire

Upper Black Rock Spire

Zul'Gurub

Onyxia

Molten Core

Blackwing Lair

Ahn'Qiraj 20/40

Naxxaramas

Yep you needed to be in a pretty hardcore pve guild to do that, o the joy the day we took c'thun down. AQ40! though nax killed most of us all got burnt out and quit so difficult imo :D 40 man anyway

enough about wow

my pc isnt special

Athlon II x4 645 3.1ghz

4gb DDR2 1066

AMD 5770

Should be more than enough to get a steady 40fps+ on Low anywhere. Enter warzones. Entrance is fine 60fps costant. get into battle boom fps drops to 20-30. game becomes a slideshow :D

I have tried everything my side, bar a format but I have to much to backup or re download.

Edited by JoeHUK

Dire Maul

Stratholme

Scholomance

Lower Black Rock Spire

Upper Black Rock Spire

Zul'Gurub

Onyxia

Molten Core

Blackwing Lair

Ahn'Qiraj 20/40

Naxxaramas

vanilla lasted roughyl 2 years and a month before tbc launch in late 2006/early 2007.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.