Itemization in 7.0

EricMusco

Just so I’m clear about 7.0….

(1) five more levels in the game to level 80, approximately let’s just say 3 hours of story for estimations sake.

(2) the removal of iconic abilities, and passives that have been in the game since launch.

(3) the inability to obtain gear without individual armorings, mods, and enhancements. Outside of master mode operations.

(4) the addition of no new abilities

(5) having to complete the gearing process multiple times within one expansion

But…..I can level a new vanguard using a sniper rifle……

Sorry but the negatives out way the positives in this one for me. I’m out

Best wishes to those that stay

Sojo

your entire reason for wanting BiS gear in solo content is because you pay for the sub and u want it, thats entitlement

1. I don't want BiS gear in solo content, I want BiS gear (a path to it, any path to it) outside OPS.

2. Thank you, too!

Just so I’m clear about 7.0….

(1) five more levels in the game to level 80, approximately let’s just say 3 hours of story for estimations sake.

(2) the removal of iconic abilities, and passives that have been in the game since launch.

(3) the inability to obtain gear without individual armorings, mods, and enhancements. Outside of master mode operations.

(4) the addition of no new abilities

(5) having to complete the gearing process multiple times within one expansion

But…..I can level a new vanguard using a sniper rifle……

Sorry but the negatives out way the positives in this one for me. I’m out

Best wishes to those that stay

Sojo

you cant level a vanguard using a sniper rifle actualy xD

I can't help but laugh when the raiding community gets called elitist, when the raiding community gets barely any content.

1 Raid in 2 years WOW AMZING! (before that an entire raid spread out 1 boss at a time over a year and before that 2 years with ZERO raids at all.)

An exclusive nim mount from the latest raid thats nothing more then a reskin of a CM mount.

As far as cosmetics go, when is the last time any true exclusive weapons or armors dropped from any ops?

Even ranked pvp gets more exclusive cosmetics (weapons, cosmetic armor, flairs, titles, mounts, crystals) every season then raiders have gotten total in the past 5+ years!.

But all of a sudden when the raiding community gets 2 exclusive tiers of gear (that will become accessable to non-raiders after a while anyways as new tiers are introduced), all of a sudden we are the entitled ones XD

Its pretty funny when some people state that raiders should just raid for and be content with achievements/cosmetics, yet all of you non-raiders are getting both new gear + cosmetics/achievements and you still arent pleased.

And on top of that you ARE still getting the 328/330 gear eventually with a future update after 7.0.

Add to that, I am not a raider anymore. Haven't been for years since running NiM DF/DP. I haven't even done any flashpoints beyond the story version for the story itself. I don't want the max stuff because I don't need it. There is a level of need, but that is a limited need. Once you reach a certain point solo, it's a waste. And as a former raider, I recognize where that is. We who raid/used to raid recognize it and are explaining it. It's not elitism, it's helping others see the practicality.

that entire argument can be flipped on its head, max gear being available only for MM ops doesnt hurt any solo player gameplay wise, sure u might want BiS gear, then play the content that its awarded in if u dont wanna play group content just dont play an MMORPG

Actually, it does, it adds a roadblock to players moving onto higher tier content. They will be locked out because they don't already have the best gear there is. Every MMO that locks its best gear behind only high-tier content will find those playlists decrease in population. It becomes a closed ecosystem that only lets those already in, in and those who don't meet the requirements will never get a chance. At least giving everyone a chance at max-level gear gives players the chance to actually try high-tier play.

you will pretty much 1 shot everything if you are doing solo content with 326 gear since its balanced for 318 gear, if u dont do group content u have no need to even worry about gear, it wont change your perfomance u cant get faster than 1 shotting everything

and you will be able to get higher gear from conquest as said here

"Can I acquire mats to max gear and mods without having to do grouped content?

Over time, as more patches are released in the expansion, you will be able to upgrade your gear more and more, including unlocking the moddable gear vendor."

eventualy every route will have 336 gear(max gear for 7.0)

If gear is irrelevant, then why not let everybody have access to all of the same gear? Maybe all gear should have a 318 rating according to your logic. After all, the content is balanced off of 318 gear, so what is the use of having better gear no matter who you are. Also, why do the best players in the game need better gear than less skilled players?

1. I don't want BiS gear in solo content, I want BiS gear (a path to it, any path to it) outside OPS.

2. Thank you, too!

so why , in mutiple comments did u say u wanted it to be available to solo players?

"The fact that there is gear in the game that I can not get because it is put behind grouping up with people, and NOT behind difficulty or risk, makes it extremely frustrating for my OCD as is the lack of reward for reaching the maximum"

this indicates u want to be able to have access to all gear even if u dont group with ppl

"The lock is behind grouping up, not behind difficulty."

multiple times you mentioned you didnt want the gear to be locked behind grouping up meaning u want a solo path,

multiple times your reason for wanting said path is because u pay for the sub, that is entitlement at its finest, you arent entitled to anything by paying a sub in an MMORPG

If gear is irrelevant, then why not let everybody have access to all of the same gear? Maybe all gear should have a 318 rating according to your logic. After all, the content is balanced off of 318 gear, so what is the use of having better gear no matter who you are. Also, why do the best players in the game need better gear than less skilled players?

because they are doing harder content SM is balanced to 318 not vm or mm

What I take from all of this is that crafting is being wiped out - unless you want to be crafting currently available augments and thats it!...not mod, armorings, hilts etc etc...just augments.

To gear up outside of NM OPs go off and do something for a few months and come back when 7.x gates allow you to get the better gear easier than everyone who plays from 7.0.

Very uninspiring.

7.0 in a nutshell - simplify combat but mess everyone around in the process.

you have been one of the most entitled ppl in this thread and you are calling other ppl entitled?

your entire reason for wanting BiS gear in solo content is because you pay for the sub and u want it, thats entitlement

So, let's see if I understand.

Person#1 plays the game for fun and wants to play the game the way they want to play it in such ways that do not affect other players or diminish their efforts.

Person#2 wants to play the game to feel superior to other people and feel offended when such game doesn't provide any reward they consider meaningful and "shiny" enough to flaunt it in other people faces.

And the entitled one is the Person#1?

Edited by twistedbortik

What I take from all of this is that crafting is being wiped out - unless you want to be crafting currently available augments and thats it!...not mod, armorings, hilts etc etc...just augments.

To gear up outside of NM OPs go off and do something for a few months and come back when 7.x gates allow you to get the better gear easier than everyone who plays from 7.0.

Very uninspiring.

7.0 in a nutshell - simplify combat but mess everyone around in the process.

crafting gear has been wiped out for ages, crafting armorings/hilts/mods in 6.0 is a waste u get dozens of them per day

So, let's see if I understand.

Person#1 plays the game for fun and wants to play the game the way they want to play it in such ways that do not affect other players or diminish their efforts.

Person#2 wants to play the game to feel superior to other people and feel offended when such game doesn't provide any reward they consider meaningful and "shiny" enough to flaunt it in other people faces.

And the entitled one is the Person#1?

very good way to misrepresent both ppl and twist it to your own opinion, person #1 also felt entitled to everything just because they pay for the subscription, no1 felt offended because the game doesnt provide cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content, they got offended when they got called elitist by wanting something unique for the content they love doing even if its just cosmetic (like pvp ranked seasons)

Edited by ebinhovdloca

so why , in mutiple comments did u say u wanted it to be available to solo players?

"The fact that there is gear in the game that I can not get because it is put behind grouping up with people, and NOT behind difficulty or risk, makes it extremely frustrating for my OCD as is the lack of reward for reaching the maximum"

this indicates u want to be able to have access to all gear even if u dont group with ppl

"The lock is behind grouping up, not behind difficulty."

multiple times you mentioned you didnt want the gear to be locked behind grouping up meaning u want a solo path,

multiple times your reason for wanting said path is because u pay for the sub, that is entitlement at its finest, you arent entitled to anything by paying a sub in an MMORPG

I'll give you that. My bad. I don't consider grouping up anything that doesn't require voice. So, by grouping up I consider only OPS (excluding SM).

I don't want the gear because I pay for the sub. i just don't want to pay for a permanent frustration generator. At least, for my paying, throw me a bone. The smallest, driest ugliest bone, but none the less, a bone.

I'll give you that. My bad. I don't consider grouping up anything that doesn't require voice. So, by grouping up I consider only OPS (excluding SM).

I don't want the gear because I pay for the sub. i just don't want to pay for a permanent frustration generator. At least, for my paying, throw me a bone. The smallest, driest ugliest bone, but none the less, a bone.

you were given more than a bone you will have access to BiS gear and mod vendor just not at launch

you were given more than a bone you will have access to BiS gear and mod vendor just not at launch

Thank you! You are very graceful! I shall go and stand, quietly, back in line and wait, patiently, to be considered worthy. Sorry for the imposition!

very good way to misrepresent both ppl and twist it to your own opinion, person #1 also felt entitled to everything just because they pay for the subscription, no1 felt offended because the game doesnt provide cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content

If no one is offended, that the game doesnt provide cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content, that why is every trihard elitist in this thread keeps mentioning how mistreated raiders are because there aren"t cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content.

306 ILVL in 6.X wasn't affecting your experience of the game in any way, unless you feel entintled that you deserve higher ILVL for completing grouped content when compared to people that don't. And why I can understand why some people will pursue such content not for fun, not because they like it, but because they can flaunt their achievements in other people faces, such behavior should not be encouraged and such people should not be treated as special players.

Why? Look at WoW community, with their RIO scores, look at FFXIV community and their tryhard PVE guilds - absolute cesspits are what they are.

Edited by twistedbortik

Thank you! You are very graceful! I shall go and stand, quietly, back in line and wait, patiently, to be considered worthy. Sorry for the imposition!

"Is the only way we can get moddable gear is if we can clear VM 80 OP? Is there no more min/maxing for players who can't clear the hardest content in game?

No. Over time, as upgrade ceilings raise with new game updates, moddable gear will be accessible to all players. At 7.0’s launch there will be no moddable gear awarded above level 306"

guess you gotta wait just like every1 else

BiS gear wont even come out with 7.0

Edited by ebinhovdloca

I think i wil come back next year when BIS Gear will be available for everyone

BIS gear will not be avaliable for everyone - when players will be able to get 330 in FP's and Conquests, Op's will drop higher ILVL. Unless they will change it in the future, BiS will only be in the most recent OPS

Edited by twistedbortik

If no one is offended, that the game doesnt provide cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content, that why is every trihard elitist in this thread keeps mentioning how mistreated raiders are because there aren"t cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content.

306 ILVL in 6.X wasn't affecting your experience of the game in any way, unless you feel entintled that you deserve higher ILVL for completing grouped content when compared to people that don't. And why I can understand why some people will pursue such content not for fun, not because they like it, but because they can flaunt their achievements in other people faces, such behavior should not be encouraged and such people should not be treated as special players.

Why? Look at WoW community, with their RIO scores, look at FFXIV community and their tryhard PVE guilds - absolute cesspits are what they are.

i play both games and i still find and raid with ppl that arent tryhard or elitist, elitists or tryhards will exist in any game on any circumstance, yes playing the content because u enjoy it would be nice, if the content would be updated regularly which it isnt

BIS gear will not avaiable for everyone - when players will be able to get 330 in FP's and Conquests, Op's will drop higher ILVL.

yes it will

"Is the only way we can get moddable gear is if we can clear VM 80 OP? Is there no more min/maxing for players who can't clear the hardest content in game?

No. Over time, as upgrade ceilings raise with new game updates, moddable gear will be accessible to all players. At 7.0’s launch there will be no moddable gear awarded above level 306" not even 334 gear is moddable, only 336 gear will be, 336 gear is max gear in 7.0 and every1 will have access to it

by "upgrade ceilings rise" it just means that the paths that dont have 336 gear available will have it raised until they reach 336

Edited by ebinhovdloca

very good way to misrepresent both ppl and twist it to your own opinion, person #1 also felt entitled to everything just because they pay for the subscription, no1 felt offended because the game doesnt provide cosmetic or gear rewards in high tier content, they got offended when they got called elitist by wanting something unique for the content they love doing even if its just cosmetic (like pvp ranked seasons)

But he's not misrepresenting anything. You feel entitled to the system changing to support the way you play the game because you believe yourself to be more elite than other players, and thereby more deserving. You even believe yourself so much better than others that you can determine what gear they can want to have. It's the definition of elitism.