Legendary Items Feedback

CommunityTeam

- 1st i would like to ask they give the new hair options to zabrak as well - it is extremely limited and is long term un updated not to mention the current available hair for the race is ... bad to put it the nicest way possible ...

- 2nd i suggest giving each subscribed account 1 free customization token for each existing character - adding those features in general WITHOUT allowing the constant player base access to it at least once to start not only degrades the importance of subscribing but only reaks of forcing people into needing to buy cartel coins to make changes available to anyone starting out now. you will make creating characters previously lesser valued.

the new cosmetic additions are good the situation just needs to be handled correctly.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- 1st i would like to ask they give the new hair options to zabrak as well - it is extremely limited and is long term un updated not to mention the current available hair for the race is ... bad to put it the nicest way possible ...

- 2nd i suggest giving each subscribed account 1 free customization token for each existing character - adding those features in general WITHOUT allowing the constant player base access to it at least once to start not only degrades the importance of subscribing but only reaks of forcing people into needing to buy cartel coins to make changes available to anyone starting out now. you will make creating characters previously lesser valued.

the new cosmetic additions are good the situation just needs to be handled correctly.

Yes! I don't play a Zabrak because I hate the hair styles so much!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

So my comparison of 306 Ear and 318 showed:

+2948 total buffs (306) verse +3269 (though 318) is green not Epic color.

▪ Still barely +321 total boost for 318 from 306 despite the wide GAP, so (320) Item Level maybe +350-370?

▪ 80 however will represent a very large increase in Enemy Damage, also large Gap in Hitpoints.

▪ 70-75 saw Item Level grow a lot, from 270-306 or 36 Item Levels.

▪ Is 307-317 for 76-79 Levels, so is 318 (Green) just the starting Point for Progression?

▪ I'd expect 80 to have 37-42 new levels if 75 had 36, no?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▪ Maybe why one person said VET mode feels like Master? Maybe were at the START of that process?

▪ Maybe Legendary Implants (with SET) as we spend FRAG's will REVEAL far more exciting bonus too?

We only know (some) Legendary Implants get SET bonus to customize more readily; without Armor being required, yet 95% of those are still hidden too! And no one has Frag's on PTS, so can't unlock to see new options.

Really a missed opportunity for specific Disciplines for Buff. Wouldn't be a one does everything, to everyone, just as the Legendary Implants are limited to Disciplines.

Even if they keep the major Buff in Implants; it at least offer something to a few Disciplines, or Combat Styles.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Still not liking they REMOVED Combat Proficiencies as it gave a way to customize our builds! They did succeed at making it easier, yet also took FUN of long being able to customize Builds with Combat Proficiencies. :(

Edited by Strathkin

Are there any other old set bonuses you'd like to see on Legendaries?

Shifting Silhouette. Using Phase Walk to return to its marked location grants Shifting Silhouette, keeping you from being leapt to or pulled and making you immune to interrupts and ability activation pushback for the next 10 seconds. Additionally, the cooldown of Phase Walk is reduced by 15 seconds and all defenses are increased by 30% for the duration of Shifting Silhouette.

Any of the unreleased 5.6 set bonuses

• Unnatural Preservation and Force Mend now additionally heal up to 8 allies within 30 meters affected by your Resurgence or Revivification and Rejuvenate or Salvation for 70% of its full healing.
  • Recklessness and Force Potency have a 33% chance to not consume a charge when a direct Force ability deals critical damage. Additionally, consuming a charge of Recklessness or Force Potency reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift and Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds.
  • Recklessness and Force Potency grant Mender’s Surge, causing your next Innervate or Healing Trance to heal instantly and cost no Force.
  • Overcharge Saber and Battle Readiness additionally increase your critical chance by 15% while active. Additionally, the cooldown of Overcharge Saber and Battle Readiness is reduced by 20 seconds.
  • Dealing critical damage with Discharge or Force Breach grants Pursuer’s Lethality, making your next Discharge or Force Breach deal 50% additional damage instantly.
  • Each time you lose a charge of Dark Ward or Kinetic Ward you have a 40% chance to restore 1% of your maximum health. This effect cannot occur more than once a second.
  • Dealing damage with Depredating Volts or Cascading Debris reduces the cooldown of Deflection by 1 second. Additionally, Deflection increases the damage dealt by Depredating Volts and Cascading Debris by 20% while active.

ect

I'm not sure if it's been said but the stat choices on the legendaries unless you're actually only making 1 single bonus viable for pvp & pve there needs to be a choice.

If the items have different tertiary stats it's going to mess up your entire build "forcing" you to have multiple items with appropiate stat compensation in your inventory but since those items are un-moddable then your choices are getting way more limited to balance it out.

So unless you decide to "remove/change" the alacrity & accruacy breakpoints(as an example), swapping legendary items for different bonuses depending on situation will cause annoying sideeffects.

Being able to choose your tertiary stat on these items by crafting multiple ones or buying versions with different tertiary stats will benefit everyone in the end in both pvp & pve.

Edited by dready_tv

I'm not sure if it's been said but the stat choices on the legendaries unless you're actually only making 1 single bonus viable for pvp & pve there needs to be a choice.

If the items have different tertiary stats it's going to mess up your entire build "forcing" you to have multiple items with appropiate stat compensation in your inventory but since those items are un-moddable then your choices are getting way more limited to balance it out.

So unless you decide to "remove/change" the alacrity & accruacy breakpoints(as an example), swapping legendary items for different bonuses depending on situation will cause annoying sideeffects.

Being able to choose your tertiary stat on these items by crafting multiple ones or buying versions with different tertiary stats will benefit everyone in the end in both pvp & pve.

Yeah I agree. You could also increase mastery and power/defence pools on the legendaries and drop tertiary stats entirely so people would not have to accommodate that one legendary with accuracy on it with, for example, gloves without accuracy.

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that they're just using the 6.X sets as a testing ground and not being lazy enough to reuse 3 year old bonuses with usually only one bonus from the previous gear. But other then that, there's nothing "legendary" about this gearing. It's clearly just dumbing down the gear for no reason other then gutting the gear system into two things.

Yeah I agree. You could also increase mastery and power/defence pools on the legendaries and drop tertiary stats entirely so people would not have to accommodate that one legendary with accuracy on it with, for example, gloves without accuracy.

No. PvE players would not want the loss of Tertiary stats on them. Having a choice on which stats we want I'm good with, but the extra mastery/power wouldn't be worth it.

No. PvE players would not want the loss of Tertiary stats on them. Having a choice on which stats we want I'm good with, but the extra mastery/power wouldn't be worth it.

It depends on how the equations for transforming stat rating to stat % work. They have full control over that, so they could tweak the equations so that you reach the same / desired % of crit, alac, acc, shield and abs with 8 slots (ear, head, chest, gloves, main hand, offhand, legs and feet) only. Or increase the tertiary stat pools of non-implant items. Or do what dready_tv proposed

Besides, we will live in completely uncapped world in 7.0. This means that power especially is really valuable, just like is on live servers in dxun where bis gear has lower crit values than capped to benefit from power (although mainly because crit diminishing returns are there when you have more than 3.2k crit).

The point is they can accommodate the smooth swapping of legendaries, essentially making them into tacticals with stats, without players suffering at all. We're here just to point that out since it looks like they did not consider the inconvenience of needing to shuffle gear around since the "locked slots" have specific stats.

Can't really answer the first two questions but for "Are there any other old set bonuses you'd like to see on Legendaries?"

I always loved healing as an opertive with the Agressive Treatment Set. Especially when you need AOE healing this set was wonderful. Started using it more and more.

I did not see where to put this. I noticed on PTS you are wanting to make the class buff a passive. That is fine except I have all four classes but I am only getting a single passive buff from say my Imperial Agent.... Why?

Is that because it's tied to your legacy normally? May well be that it works normally on live but on PTS it may not have your legacy rank etc. to determine if you get multiple class buff passives.

The Legendary I'd like to see the most is the 6-piece Authority set bonus, "Activating Lacerating Blast reduces the cooldown of Bushwhack by 3 seconds. Every enemy affected by Bushwhack takes 20% more damage from Lacerating Blast". Scoundrels/operatives dot specs has only 1 dot spread (Bushwhack/Toxic Haze), and it's on a long cooldown since the dot spread was removed from Lacerating Blast (which was spammable). I always combine it with the Viral Elements tactical, and it's a pretty good setup which made me main Ruffian/Lethality in most non-single target fights in 6.0.

As other replies here I also miss the Victor's set bonuses because of how much better it is for heroic/daily area runs. Enemies usually have low amounts of health there, and Victor set makes it feel very smooth as you're running through the areas, killing the mobs. Are there plans for general Legendary items like that with no class restrictions?

I did not see where to put this. I noticed on PTS you are wanting to make the class buff a passive. That is fine except I have all four classes but I am only getting a single passive buff from say my Imperial Agent.... Why?

Yea previously we got all 4, for each Faction! My Sage, cast on Enemy receives Force Valor, Force Might, Lucky Shots, and Fortification for Republic.

1. Force Valor: Mastery 5% increased, internal & elemental dmg 10% reduced.
  2. Force Might: Melee, Ranged, Force & Tech bonus dmg & healing increased by 5%.
  3. Lucky Shots: Critical Strike Chance increased by 5%.
  4. Fortification: Endurance increased by 5%.

https://i.imgur.com/xcFRJ4x.png

While the ones on the Imperial Side are called something different, the bonus is exactly the same! On PTS the only one my Sage received was Force Valor, similar to what you saw on the Imperial Agent. Two Big Thumbs down!

Even though currently on LIVE you could also offer the BUFF to your Party or Group; I'm FINE if they removed it from Group / Party. Means those who didn't earn it don't receive it, yet at least give those who earned all 4 Class Buff's, the same as we did before! :(:eek::mad:

▬▬▬▬▬

Also was concerned the total stat changes from 306 to 318 were +321. So level 80 content is GOING to HIT or HURT a lot more than it did BEFORE. As one person said earlier, I didn't ask what level the Flashpoint he did was, may have been 55-70 is my guess. Yet they said running a VET flashpoint on PTS felt like MASTER mode today on LIVE. I suspect that's because our GEAR is more similar to all 270, with the exception of (2) Implants at 276. As 218 is only the first of the Level 80 gear! We haven't even see a 80 Flashpoint / Operation and those are going to hurt a lot till we start increasing our Item level far more.

One should expect given (36) new Item Levels at 70-75, we'd eventually see closer to 37-41 for 5 higher levels!

Especially with the removal of Renown Levels, that may slow it down? Though you can use Frag's and still do Flashpoints or Operations to earn new gear, I suspect it will take longer without the Renown Levels.

Edited by Strathkin

Also was concerned the total stat changes from 306 to 318 were +321. So level 80 content is GOING to HIT or HURT a lot more than it did BEFORE. As one person said earlier, I didn't ask what level the Flashpoint he did was, may have been 55-70 is my guess. Yet they said running a VET flashpoint on PTS felt like MASTER mode today on LIVE. I suspect that's because our GEAR is more similar to all 270, with the exception of (2) Implants at 276. As 218 is only the first of the Level 80 gear! We haven't even see a 80 Flashpoint / Operation and those are going to hurt a lot till we start increasing our Item level far more.

One should expect given (36) new Item Levels at 70-75, we'd eventually see closer to 37-41 for 5 higher levels!

Have you been to PTS yourself or are you just echoing what other people are posting? We have access to lvl 80 content and the person you are referring to (LadyAdmiral aka Swtorista) was doing a lvl 80 vet flashpoint.

But you are right, things hurt more due to gear level difference. But that's a good thing. On live server everyone is overgearing all content, including master mode operations by a wide margin. For players like me, who enjoy their content challenging, meaningful and rewarding, master mode and especially veteran flashpoints are so undertuned that they are very boring. I never do then unless I need resources and then they are a chore, not fun content.

But MM hammer station was fun on PTS! We will eventually overgear flashpoints when we have higher item ratings and they will become boring again... But why complain now, when you could just enjoy it?

Edited by Elofyn

"I may be wrong, but between class changes and gearing I feel like all of this has nothing to do with delivering a better player experience, and more to do with the game designers wanting to put their signature on the game."

This is exactly what it feels like, had a group chat with a bunch of SWtor vets. General thoughts were maybe they picked up a bunch of guys from Anthem and they're just replicating the mistakes made their by redesigning a 10 year old game that mostly just needed new content. Not a complete redesign.

I can promise you 95% of the base would be ecstatic to hear "we're gonna leave alone gearing, leveling, combat styles and just add more story content, new flashpoint, and new operations."

But it doesn't mean these decisions are wrong or even bad tbh. I like the concept of Legendary one piece bonuses. Its just the execution of most ideas falls extremely short of something that could be fun.

Legendaries could be a great thing, right now they're not.

Have you been to PTS yourself or are you just echoing what other people are posting? We have access to lvl 80 content and the person you are referring to (LadyAdmiral aka Swtorista) was doing a lvl 80 vet flashpoint.

But you are right, things hurt more due to gear level difference. But that's a good thing. On live server everyone is overgearing all content, including master mode operations by a wide margin. For players like me, who enjoy their content challenging, meaningful and rewarding, master mode and especially veteran flashpoints are so undertuned that they are very boring. I never do then unless I need resources and then they are a chore, not fun content.

But MM hammer station was fun on PTS! We will eventually overgear flashpoints when we have higher item ratings and they will become boring again... But why complain now, when you could just enjoy it?

Its simple make more challenging content that don't require making your players less powerful.

A level cap increase shouldn't make your players weaker simultaneously. That's just beyond redundant.

Add a difficulty tier. Vet, Master, Legendary or something like that if you want more challenge.

Making the base game HARDER for new players is so counter productive its insane. These are the supposed reasons they're nerfing everyone.

So the gameplan appears to result in:

- Annoy veteran players by making them grind to be less powerful and regain what they already had.

- Remove customization options and reduce unique builds.

- Grief new players who now have a harder time surviving and less abilities to help them.

- Make Specialty Roles harder and less new player friendly thus less tanks n healers.

These are the reasons man. People aren't complaining about scaling or balancing needlessly. It's not rocket science and can easily be deduced by the history of various versions mixed with track record of mistakes & not listening to PTS feedback.

Can't really answer the first two questions but for "Are there any other old set bonuses you'd like to see on Legendaries?"

I always loved healing as an opertive with the Agressive Treatment Set. Especially when you need AOE healing this set was wonderful. Started using it more and more.

Aggressive Treatment is a must for me. If I can't heal people with my spinny helicopter blades of love, why even live anymore?

Have you been to PTS yourself or are you just echoing what other people are posting?

I was just stating a fact or reality. It wasn't even a complaint, do I enjoy the process of starting that process over and over again--nope. In STO they decided to stop increasing Levels and stop at 65, saying it didn't even make sense any more. Neverwinter they had gone beyond 65, 70, 75, then 80. They too decided it too was pointless, as both those have had scaling for years; so they then recently reduced it down to 20 Levels as DnD (Wizards only 20 levels in RPG) and while Item level / Gear Level still scales upward in stages; that kind of still makes sense.

I mean increasing Item Level in SWTOR a bit more often might make sense too.

Of course I have a toon on PTS full 80, with 318 and (2) 326 Gear at 80. I deleted a Guardian, and another toon previously created in Sept. There isn't much point to testing how it feels contrast to LIVE, till we can compare apples to apples. And since nobody is doing that contrast to 270 & (2) 278 Implants on LIVE running the same FlashPoint / Operation is just more biased opinion, that isn't a fair or accurate representation of reality! It also be far easier if they provided both Min & Max Item Level 80 Gear on PTS!

I wasn't complaining, just stating a fact. It should be far harder even doing older 55-75 Flashpoints; cause it's like running in all 270 gear with (2) 278 Implants on LIVE today.

I try to just enjoy the process, just disappointed in our ability to greatly customize our Class more is mostly removed.

Edited by Strathkin

Of course I have a toon on PTS full 80, with 318 and (2) 326 Gear at 80. I deleted a Guardian, and another toon previously created in Sept. Now I have just one Sage remaining. I wasn't complaining, just stating a fact that it will be far harder even older 55-75 Flashpoints; cause it's like running in all 270 on LIVE today. I'm sorry, yet if you enjoy that why does nobody go play LIVE in 270 gear? So I'm just confused by your comment, cause all everyone does is rush to get to new Max as fast as possible and then augment away again? That's not a complaint, it's just a fact / reality here. Sorry!

We have done it actually, lvl 70 characters running hm and Nim legacy operations with 270 master datacron gear with no augments. Not a lot but occasionally. But you ask a good question tho. I think the answer lies in the nature of RPGs. Character growth is one goal and downgrading yourself to increase the challenge yields inferior satisfaction compared to overcoming the highest challenge set by the game itself. That's why PTS hammer station feels better on master mode compared to live downgrading yourself and then running it.

We have done it actually, lvl 70 characters running hm and Nim legacy operations with 270 master datacron gear with no augments. Not a lot but occasionally. But you ask a good question tho. I think the answer lies in the nature of RPGs. Character growth is one goal and downgrading yourself to increase the challenge yields inferior satisfaction compared to overcoming the highest challenge set by the game itself. That's why PTS hammer station feels better on master mode compared to live downgrading yourself and then running it.

I'm happy for you then, I'd love to see some of your comparisons showing 270 & 278 (Implants) on LIVE verse 318 & 326 versions of the same Flashpoints / Operations on PTS. That's what's REQUIRED not only in TEAMs, but also in SOLO mode running a true comparison from PTS to LIVE. It far easier to contrast and provide Max Item Level, from LIVE today to PTS in how the CLASS works, where they both use Max level (75/80) Gear and provides real answers.

It's just something so FEW actually do, without that it really doesn't provide (apples to apples) contrast to give meaningful or good and fair/accurate FEEDBACK to DEVs. I don't blame the PLAYER, its miscommunication on part of those asking...

So not having gear that you can mod and move around is very not fun to me. So while you are saying you are going to have that at a certain iLVL I think you should have 3 tiers of gear that can be modified etc. Thanks again.

I fully agree with this, I wish they would provide both minimal 80 gear, as well as Max Item Level (80) gear with Mod's; also several available Legendary Bonus items too. I mean most won't fully outfit toons on LIVE with 270 and (2) 278 Implants, or find 4/8/16 others to do it with too. And If PTS has offered both Min (without Mods) & Max with MOD's, then most who test 306 on LIVE would be given that apples to apples comparison on PTS!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Will that allow some VULKK users to start working on BUILD GUIDES earlier? Yes perhaps it may, yet they can also then help communicate changes better, as they are far more dedicated to testing all the pro's and con's of each choice too! So it also helps give more accurate feedback to everyone, so they are resolved faster too! It also likely eliminates fears or concerns about changes too; rather than encourage them. Most people generally want and greatly PREFER to be excited, rather than disappointed about things lost or removed...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Then the excitement for Launch shifts to actually earning the Gear or Items, rather than being concerned or disappointed at what's lost; as focus shifts to earning what you need. :)

Edited by Strathkin