Sniper Feedback

JackieKo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will echo the loss of the cover quickbar. Having it really helped with dmg-on-the-move, which is now even more limited due to ABC selection of abilities.

I really don't understand joining Evasion with Countermeasures. With Countermeasures being used mostly on CD in PvE, the effect of Evasion is mostly lost, especially as was mentioned somewhere above that dropping your aggro means that you are most likely not attacked anymore.

What is the point of the abilities pruning in general? All of them have their uses (tbf some might be more niche than others) and now we are being limited in how to play our class and in our effectiveness in a group.

The need to spec into hard stun also hurts in early PvE play especially with the general loss of survivability.

And I miss my Orbital strike. With the Ballistic shield it is THE sniper ability, always usefull for add management. Are we going to lose cover in the next expansion?

Edited by Chafeanorance

• 3 weeks later...

From a PvP perspective, Sniper/Gunslinger feels bad.

We lose so much utility. No Stun, no Flashbang, and no heal at all. Also, a lot of our passive damage reduction is gone.

There is less cc in PvP now because most Stuns are locked behind skill choices and most people seem to opt for the more defensive choices, which on the other hand devalues the importance of cc immunity skills like Entrench/Hunker Down.

Right now Sniper/Gunslinger feels like a barebone class in PVP with no Utility at all.

I would like to know what your vision for the sniper/Gunslinger class is, cause right now it feels like you just striping away abilities for the sake of pruning.

Edited by awenyx

A few things that could use some work on for the class abilities and the ability tree.

Firstly, with Calculated Pursuit, being in a tier with other option is very questionable. Having something like the ability to exit cover and allow snipe and Lethal Shot to be activated while moving should really be in a standalone level tier. Since this ability is essential for all specs and in all circumstances PVP, PVE from levelling to end game content.

Secondly, with the Distraction ability at level 31, having a core ability like this at level makes 31 is a bit too high. If /when you encounter something like Strong, Elite and Champion NPCs (who don't have the immune to interrupts buff) for content like story bosses, heroics, flashpoints and even warzones. This should be a core ability from level 1. If this is not feasible then looking at something like level 10 when you really can start doing content like heroics would be more appropriate.

Some general comments on the sniper/gunslinger class/combat style. While over the past few years the game has moved from being able to attack on the spot to being very movement intensive. The sniper/gunslinger class/combat style does feel like it is overdue for an overhaul (The Marksmanship/Sharpshooter spec/discipline especially). One of the reasons for suggesting an overhaul is that the core of the class was designed for being a fixed position class/combat style (yes it has had some abilities added to help with movement) but feels very clunky especially for new and casual players.

Lastly with the abilities tab, I know this is a WIP (Work in Progress) as a suggestion separating out the passives from the active abilities would be really helpful. One way of doing this is for example is having an Active and Passives tab pop up when once you have selected sniper in the dropdown.

Edited by Stariessaber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...