The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

If nothing else I hope you lean from this mistake

I think it was a terrible mistake to get the PTS up on a Friday if no one was going to be around to answer questions/concerns over the weekend. Especially since it’s as barebones as it is. Maybe we are making a mountain out on an ant hill with this PTS, but next time I think it would be worth it to bring up the PTS and have someone available to answer questions and address concerns for an hour or two.

Just a suggestion for next time.

I think it was a terrible mistake to get the PTS up on a Friday if no one was going to be around to answer questions/concerns over the weekend. Especially since it’s as barebones as it is. Maybe we are making a mountain out on an ant hill with this PTS, but next time I think it would be worth it to bring up the PTS and have someone available to answer questions and address concerns for an hour or two.

Just a suggestion for next time.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head with this post. Thank you for that.

I literally got a response from Customer Service in a ticket saying they don't have much staffing last week. The response was unusully blunt but also helpful.

While Customer Service folks are obviously a different group of people than the developers that program and make expansions, ever since the KoTFE chapter model didn't work, SWTOR feels like it's run by only a few people compared to its past.

I have no idea if that's the case, but it certainly comes across that way, that they are short on staff generally.

Another reason for the lack of response might be they have to figure out how to address the fact that they are making changes that will be very unpopular to a large chunk of regular subscribers while also sounding like they aren't making those same changes.

Good luck, BW.

You guys are damn naive. You think they hided the fact of ability removal up to the end without a reason? And that they chose friday as pts day? Oh no, too many coinsidences, they knew players won't like ability pruning so they did everything to hide it

/snip

If you look at past updates or changes, they were all, or nearly all dropped on a Friday, while the staff were out. It took the forums to completely melt down for them to respond. The threads were allowed to get so toxic that people ended up in a lot of trouble. But if the forums would have been manned, none of the threads would have gotten that heated.

Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, just for Sh**s and giggles :rolleyes:

Edited by DarkTergon

Sometimes I think they do it on purpose, just for Sh**s and giggles :rolleyes:

They do it on purpose, but not just for ***** and giggles, but because testing works best when there is no possible influence from the dev's. You won't have a dev sitting behind you explaining how everything works and what were their intentions every time you launch a game, so they have to observe silently, take notes from players' reactions, adjust, and reiterate.