I Don't Understand Galactic Seasons

Aghasett

Except I'm not getting even half of the objectives you are quoting.

They are nearly all PvP or Group finder Vet FPs.

Throw all the big words you want around all you like.

(not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does)

Nice veiled insult .

Spoils of war gear was fine because I got rewarded for the stuff I want to play.

Wasn't that hard to do.

Geared up all my Chars solo just fine.

Before you reply, I'll let you know I won't be back on the forums anytime soon.

Like GS it's a waste of my time.

not seeing what the issue is here, that seems to simply be the galactic seasons system working quite as expected? perhaps you were expecting something different from galactic seasons, I think the devs have made quite a few posts outlining how it works and their thoughts behind if, might wanna check them out

Edited by RikuvonDrake

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has become a very unfriendly place.

Once people in guilds actually talked to each other, helped each other. No no one even says "hello" and forget asking for assistance with anything. Used to be I could go into guild chat and ask "Could we do an operation tomorrow night" and the regulars would ask "which one,, what time?" Or "we're doing scum and villainy would you like to join?". Now I get crickets. Not even a "no thank you".

Once people in guilds actually talked to each other, helped each other. No no one even says "hello" and forget asking for assistance with anything. Used to be I could go into guild chat and ask "Could we do an operation tomorrow night" and the regulars would ask "which one,, what time?" Or "we're doing scum and villainy would you like to join?". Now I get crickets. Not even a "no thank you".

probably more about what guild and community you hang out with, a small contributing factor is that discord has taken over a lot of the internal guild chat as ppl can participate regardless if they are online, in guild char or nah, I am not having any of the issues you are describing in the guilds I am part of. Imo it has become a lot more active since the introduction of discord and the death of the enjin forums

Last week I knew I would not be able to play on Saturday, our guild’s normal day for open operations. But I was going to be able to play on Thursday night. So, I asked my guild in discord and six of us were able to come together to do TFB for the weekly priority objective. We advertised for dps on fleet and got two very easily. At least two of us in the guild had that on our list of P.O.s. When we were done, we helped another guildie complete their weekly PO to do one of the relevant flashpoints.

So, while I would fully support a system to link or share weekly POs I don’t think the problem you are describing in your guild is a fault of GS.

Ever since I started playing this game I've gotten the constant feeling that Bioware is attempting to push me into group activity (I assume this somehow supports their bottom line.) Galactic Seasons is a prime example of this. I myself am more of a solo player; however, I'm not at all averse to group activity. But there's a problem: there are no reasonable ways to participate in the weekly Ops and other group activities - which are the larger part of GS itself - so the whole thing becomes an exercise in frustration.

Group finder for Ops has never amounted to a group for me, having tried dozens of times. I try daily to get in on PUGs for the Weekly PO and, some weeks I get in on one, some I don't. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they collapse because inexperienced players provoke others to rage quit - it's happened several times in the last few weeks.

Long story short, attempting to group up within the PO framework is becoming increasingly unpleasant. It's effectively being shoved down our throats, but there's no reasonable mechanism to participate. And I don't feel I should have to leave the guild I'm in - who are friends that I enjoy running FPs and heroics with - just because we're largely not Ops-oriented. I hope something changes here.

Sadly, the best (I hate to say "only" but it's pretty much the only way in my case) way to learn/join an Op is to join a guild.

If you don't want to leave your own guild, use your alt to join up an active guild to learn different Ops. Most guilds only require you to reach the weekly 50k cq points which is very easy to achieve.

Once you know how to do them and still want to do it with your main, you can form a group yourself or join one when someone is forming one. It would be much easier if you are a heal or a tank because those two are always in need and being a heal or a tank yourself, you'll be sure at least one of the heal or tank knows what they're doing.

Guild member recommend endgame chat channel and it worked got a group to do story mode Scum and Villainy, including a guild member healer. I got mostly junk dropds but did improve on armor a bit. The main thing was i finished that weekly PO which I didn't think I would/

Group finder for Ops has never amounted to a group for me, having tried dozens of times. I try daily to get in on PUGs for the Weekly PO and, some weeks I get in on one, some I don't. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they collapse because inexperienced players provoke others to rage quit - it's happened several times in the last few weeks.

for operations, you have to rely on Fleet chat LFG/LFM messages.

Nobody uses Group finder for ops, most groups assemble premade in fleet. Then queue group finder as an easy way to transport everyone into the operation. You have to join a premade GF group in fleet for GF to pop.

That means idling in fleet hoping someone is initiating a LFG or you be the one to start a group. I skip operations weeklies because they take the longest to form (unless the rare chance you have hutt space operations and can do Toborro's Courtyard Golden Fury 3x times for the weekly PO. TC GF groups get LFG'd all the time because its the fastest way to get tech fragments)

I don't mind ops so when I get that weekly objective I just try to assemble a team via fleet chat/guild chat/discord, usually takes about 3-4 minutes to assemble 1t, 6 dps and 1 healer to rush through, even with ppl new to ops it usually goes quickly and without wipes

think a lot of people are a bit scared or hesitant to make their own groups despite that it most likely would go perfectly fine

not seeing what the issue is here, that seems to simply be the galactic seasons system working quite as expected? perhaps you were expecting something different from galactic seasons, I think the devs have made quite a few posts outlining how it works and their thoughts behind if, might wanna check them out

Ok.. I'll bite.

My issue is my Weekly objectives are PvP or group Vet FPs..

Game types I don't want to play.

Both my weekly and daily GS objectives are PvP today.

A game type I don't want to play.

Yes I was expecting something different from GS.

To not have all my daily or weekly goals to be PvP.

Point me at the Devs posts on we want you to PvP and I'll read them.

I straight up bought up to rank 100 on the first week. Had loads of CC's saved up as I took a bit of a hiatus. After I did that, I stopped playing for a week. The easiest option was there, so I took it.

I find it very weird that BW decided to allow players have the option to just buy the ranks without putting any effort into playing the actual game. If they never added this option, I bet you'd see more players, you know, playing...and putting in the effort to unlock items and show them off.

It's a shame to see MMO's nowadays going through the real money progression route. It's no surprise that people wanted Classic WoW.

I would not be surprised to see a nice package on the cartel market which gives you all mounts, all pets etc without having to move out of the Fleet.

Ok.. I'll bite.

My issue is my Weekly objectives are PvP or group Vet FPs..

Game types I don't want to play.

Both my weekly and daily GS objectives are PvP today.

A game type I don't want to play.

Yes I was expecting something different from GS.

To not have all my daily or weekly goals to be PvP.

Point me at the Devs posts on we want you to PvP and I'll read them.

could just avoiding the game types you don't wanna play, like I check objectives and then play what i think is fun, not like you have someone forcing you to play content you don't wanna play, in a game you pay for. ppl gotta relax with the obsessive nature, doesn't sound healthy

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Not sure if this is explained elsewhere, but none of the recent topics seem to be about this.

When I started GS last week, I did not know that it was per-server (or per-Legacy, which is basically the same thing). I was just leveling new characters on [satele Shan], they were completing Conquests, and I was progressing through GS without issue. I even purchased the account-wide unlocks for the companion and mount for 10CC each. Then I log onto [star Forge], and my GS progress is 0, with a bunch of Credit Catchups over the slots. I tell myself I'm not into spending the creds or cartel coins, and proceed to play low level alts to fill up the bars, just as before.

Long story short, the bars are not filling up. I played two or three characters on that server for several hours each, but it appears there is no progress at all. Am I missing something?

Not sure if this is explained elsewhere, but none of the recent topics seem to be about this.

When I started GS last week, I did not know that it was per-server (or per-Legacy, which is basically the same thing). I was just leveling new characters on [satele Shan], they were completing Conquests, and I was progressing through GS without issue. I even purchased the account-wide unlocks for the companion and mount for 10CC each. Then I log onto [star Forge], and my GS progress is 0, with a bunch of Credit Catchups over the slots. I tell myself I'm not into spending the creds or cartel coins, and proceed to play low level alts to fill up the bars, just as before.

Long story short, the bars are not filling up. I played two or three characters on that server for several hours each, but it appears there is no progress at all. Am I missing something?

What level is the highest character you have on that server? Many of the daily and weekly GS objectives aren't available if you have only low level characters, as they would not be able to for example do operations or daily quests on Iokath until they reached the needed level.

Another possibility could be your GS didn't reset properly and is stuck in the wrong week of objectives. Thread in Bug Reports section of the forum

There are a couple of things that could be working against you. If you have only low level characters on a server, the Capital World and Homeworld Defeat enemies come up fairly regularly (they don't seem to come up at all if you have a lot of high level characters - or may only come up only when you log on with a low level character). The second thing is that Bioware has "put their thumb on the scale" so to speak and the PVP Daily POs (GSF and Warzones) are over-represented in the Dailies. You also will not complete any weeklies just by playing the story (Weeklies are exclusively "group" content with PVP again representing a higher than normal fraction). The Dailies and Weeklies are also not necessarily the same on all servers you log into since they are randomly determined at first login for weeklies and each days login for Dailies.

You should check your Dailies and Weeklies on each server to see what is the "focus" for the day/week.

The GS progress is different from Conquest progress. You can look for the activities needed for GS progress in the Conquest mission list, though. Their names start with "Weekly PO" or "Daily PO".

What level is the highest character you have on that server? Many of the daily and weekly GS objectives aren't available if you have only low level characters, as they would not be able to for example do operations or daily quests on Iokath until they reached the needed level.

Another possibility could be your GS didn't reset properly and is stuck in the wrong week of objectives. Thread in Bug Reports section of the forum

There are a couple of things that could be working against you. If you have only low level characters on a server, the Capital World and Homeworld Defeat enemies come up fairly regularly (they don't seem to come up at all if you have a lot of high level characters - or may only come up only when you log on with a low level character). The second thing is that Bioware has "put their thumb on the scale" so to speak and the PVP Daily POs (GSF and Warzones) are over-represented in the Dailies. You also will not complete any weeklies just by playing the story (Weeklies are exclusively "group" content with PVP again representing a higher than normal fraction). The Dailies and Weeklies are also not necessarily the same on all servers you log into since they are randomly determined at first login for weeklies and each days login for Dailies.

You should check your Dailies and Weeklies on each server to see what is the "focus" for the day/week.

Both servers have characters at 50+, but I think [satele Shan] is the only one where I have any 70+ characters. I basically did story missions the whole time on both servers, which is why I found it odd that one progressed and gave the rewards (both primary and subbed), while the other did not. I'll look to see what GS shows for the objectives, and see if it aligns with what content I plan to play. Thanks to all for the responses.

could just avoiding the game types you don't wanna play, like I check objectives and then play what i think is fun, not like you have someone forcing you to play content you don't wanna play, in a game you pay for. ppl gotta relax with the obsessive nature, doesn't sound healthy

Yeah, why wouldn't I want to pay for content for other people to play.

Makes sense now.

Thanks.

Edited by Rammboo

In my case i don't care about GS at all. It totally suck imo. You must do exactly a type of gameplay (op, gsf, pvp) or kill X number on Y(s) planet.

I don't do op, took too long (i only join and complete one op since i join the game), gsf harly popup when i'm able to play, and the ping is too high (250-300) to play it fine, so no PvP either. And i don't like run to specific planet to kill X, why not make it simple like just kill X? And if i'm going in this direction, why not make any/all activities earn points, like a group finder flashpoint earn 1 point, weekly earn 3 and so on?

Since it not going to happen like i want, so i don't care. I play the way i want, if i earn point then good, if not, well, still fine.

Clearly true, and that's fine, I don't care if they're trying to reboot some old content. My central gripe remains that Weekly POs need to be greatly expanded out from Ops simply because there's not an adequate Ops Finder in game, which leaves me and others out in the cold more times than not. And while they're at it, make the Dallies activities more diverse too, cuz killing 75 Colicoids over and over is stale as hell. Not expecting *new* content, just more *diverse* content from POs.

Weeklies include pvp ( 3 matches played ), flashpoints ( 3 flashpoints run ) as well as ops.

Note, if you don't like a weekly you get, you can click the refresh option.

If you don't do all content, you probably won't get every single weekly.

That won't kill you.

I was in PVP because I have both the PO Daily and Weekly. And someone who looks at other people's armor whispered me that I should be in PVP without 306 armor. I whispered back that they should take that up with the game developers who created Galactic Seasons. Had i though of it sooner I would have also mentioned that when you leave the starter world and arrive on the fleet you get a quest called Introduction to Warzones. And when you do KOTFE unless you are Sith Warrior you have to do PVP if you want Major Pierce and the Pub side unless you are a trooper you have to PVP if you want M1-4X. But i didn't think of those until just now.

Last week somebody was saying people want you to have all 306 armor to do operations, which reward you with 306 armor.