Melee specs for non-Force users?

Is there any interest, among the devs especially but the community too, in adding melee specs for non-Force users? For example, a vibroknife spec for agents or vibroblade specs for troopers and bounty hunters.

There are lots of non-Force Sensitive NPCs that fight with melee weapons, so why not PCs too?

Thing is, every class has 3 specs. Rather than break that mold, they would likely add another class entirely.

If they had the money.

Or manpower.

Or money.

But seriously though, as much as I love this game to pieces, it's pretty obvious EA and Disney give it 0 budget and the dev team is quite small. I doubt we'll see any major content updates of the sort before the servers go down.

Your request is fairly niche and would require a massive overhaul as mentioned above.

You can play as one of the existing non-force melee specs, or use trooper armor with a vibroblade on a Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Thing is, every class has 3 specs. Rather than break that mold, they would likely add another class entirely.

If they had the money.

Or manpower.

Or money.

But seriously though, as much as I love this game to pieces, it's pretty obvious EA and Disney give it 0 budget and the dev team is quite small. I doubt we'll see any major content updates of the sort before the servers go down.

Damn, they really don't support it at all? That's disappointing. Here's hoping the game spawns some kind of meme to rope in more subscribers.

Isn't there a spec for Smuggler (dirty fighting, or something) that is almost a melee spec using a lot of kicks and punches?

Scrapper scoundrel. It's shotgun + punches.

Edited by waisting

I think what people are really wanting is to play something like a bounty hunter that can wield a vibrosword, techstaff, or something non-lightsaber, while having supporting abilities that aren't force powers.

Damn, they really don't support it at all? That's disappointing. Here's hoping the game spawns some kind of meme to rope in more subscribers.

No. It takes them over a year to release small updates. Its a skeleton crew releasing piece meal content because they have no budget.