Credits and Tech Frags Refund, Please

I would like a refund on my credits and tech fragments given the new changes that made refundable items' refund period switch to a real-time countdown rendering us void of all our hard-earned stuff in-game, especially for new gear.

We weren't properly notified in a log-in or in-game prompt, and this notification should be forefront and highlighted because it directly impacts people's time spent in-game, and though some may not care about their time, others do.

So, let the Devs take notice right away please and do the right thing. Because this is not acceptable.

Again, this isn't a negligible change like tweaking conquest point rewards for different activities. The refund timer has essentially affected all our end-game gear, and they did not make it properly and widely known. (Some "sticky" in a forum doesn't count; people can spend 2,000 hours in-game and maybe just 2 hours in the forum).

So, 2000:2 ratio is enough grounds why your notice should've been omnipresent and known rather than narrow and remote.

It was in the patch notes... that's good enough for me. I wouldn't want to have to click through pop ups for every little change— every update— just b/c someone doesn't bother to read the patch notes.

https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/04272021/game-update-6.3

Not good enough, This was a fundamental change that affects people's time and money, more so than any other bug and/or tweak that is reasonably realized over time if someone doesn't read the patch notes.

But this one has caused a huge loss and I'd like it recovered.

Edited by karimthejedi

They can't do that, as too much of the stuff can be 'major'

Best bet, read the patch notes when you log in.

Nothing says they can't. They can and should be more discerning when it comes to changes that affect player's investment in the game.

Otherwise, I'll keep my money and time to myself going forward.

Nothing says they can't. They can and should be more discerning when it comes to changes that affect player's investment in the game.

Otherwise, I'll keep my money and time to myself going forward.

they should, but they won't. There are a lot of things they 'should' do, but they won't.

Doesn't matter if you hold on to your money, it won't affect them, so many have already spoken with their wallet, but we've seen that makes no difference.

Remember that simpsons eps, where lisa creates a doll, .....

they should, but they won't. There are a lot of things they 'should' do, but they won't.

Doesn't matter if you hold on to your money, it won't affect them, so many have already spoken with their wallet, but we've seen that makes no difference.

Remember that simpsons eps, where lisa creates a doll, .....

They better, because last time I logged in and very clearly looked at those items it said "this item is refundable for up to 2 hours etc etc."

That shouldn't have been in writing if they weren't going to fulfill it.

And money talks. Treat people this way, lose subs, game dies. People have already left, and I'll just take advantage of as much free play as I want before I leave too.

That's what separates great customer service and companies from ones that are becoming poorer by the day.

Don't wanna sound negative, honestly, but this thread combined with the other one I started about the level of customer experience I received truly makes me wonder if the people getting paid care about us who are paying?

Hmm... I'd like to believe they do so I'll give them one more chance.

there was even a more detailed post about how the timers would work, based on when the items were purchased and not time spent in game.

That trying to wait until the servers went live to refund with in that 2 hour window would not work.

Edited by Darkestmonty

And money talks. Treat people this way, lose subs, game dies. People have already left, and I'll just take advantage of as much free play as I want before I leave too.

But will you actually vote with your wallet and leave, or just make a bunch of threads loudly expressing your discontent?

Hmm... I'd like to believe they do so I'll give them one more chance.

I thought so. I think two minutes is some kind of record for this forum.

Edited by Ardrossan

They better, because last time I logged in and very clearly looked at those items it said "this item is refundable for up to 2 hours etc etc."

That shouldn't have been in writing if they weren't going to fulfill it.

That's what separates great customer service and companies from ones that are becoming poorer by the day.

People have left because of bigger issues, and those issues were never changed. With steam, new 'content', etc, new people are always coming in. At some point this might stop, but then, they'll add some new shinny (like a hat*) and people will come drooling back

*Goes back to 'That' simpsons eps I mentioned. I'm doing the same, used a ref link and am milking for all it's worth, some day I might sub, maybe even for the tenth, depending on what they have planned. But I don't play as much as I did, so F2P suits me.

there was even a more detailed post about how the timers would work, based on when the items were purchased and not time spent in game.

That trying to wait until the servers went live to refund with in that 2 hour window would not work.

It would be pretty silly of anyone to purchase the mounts, just before the servers went down....

Another tangent but very valid point. The server update was scheduled for 3 hours.

But will you actually vote with your wallet and leave, or just make a bunch of threads loudly expressing your discontent?

I thought so. I think two minutes is some kind of record for this forum.

I think you should keep your comments to yourself.

People have left because of bigger issues, and those issues were never changed. With steam, new 'content', etc, new people are always coming in. At some point this might stop, but then, they'll add some new shinny (like a hat*) and people will come drooling back

*Goes back to 'That' simpsons eps I mentioned. I'm doing the same, used a ref link and am milking for all it's worth, some day I might sub, maybe even for the tenth, depending on what they have planned. But I don't play as much as I did, so F2P suits me.

It's not a "issue" as long as they fix what they promised. Jeez; I have it in writing they would refund my creds and frags within a time period. Nothing in that refund confirmation indicated otherwise.

Is this a joke thread? The post was made 4 days after the patch and the Sticked developer announcement about the change was on April 14, nearly two week before the patch. Whether you support the change or not, we had plenty of time to deal with it.

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify one point that's come up in this thread: the timer would not start when the patch is released. The timer will start when the item is purchased from the vendor, so I would not anticipate any ability to sell back any items currently being held in this way on alt characters once the patch goes live.

Part of the reason for this post was to give y'all ample time to sell back any items being stored in this manner before the patch goes live.

-Chris

I mean this is pretty crystal clear.

I mean this is pretty crystal clear.

But what if I can't read?

I admit I have very little sympathy for anyone that was taking advantage of the refund timers and got caught out, as it was pretty clear that it wasn't intended behavior. Still think they should increase the cap to 20k frags though.

And what if I weren't around to read it, either? Hell, I could have had a drastic life event and still don't want to mention it. Doesn't give them the right to get away with stuff like this.

Also, if they intended for people to not store tech frags then they executed a little too late. No one was caught out as this was regular practice and devs knew about it. Why else would they implement this?

The change is fine; keep it. But give me my stuff back coz it clearly said it was refundable.

And now BW is deleting new threads?

Hmmm... interesting.

And what if I weren't around to read it, either? Hell, I could have had a drastic life event and still don't want to mention it. Doesn't give them the right to get away with stuff like this.

Also, if they intended for people to not store tech frags then they executed a little too late. No one was caught out as this was regular practice and devs knew about it. Why else would they implement this?

The change is fine; keep it. But give me my stuff back coz it clearly said it was refundable.

And now BW is deleting new threads?

Hmmm... interesting.

The thing is, they have changed many things over the course of the game where they didn't put anything ingame to say what was upcoming. I had to take a break at one point and came back after a major patch to find that they had gotten rid of one of the old currencies. I know they never mentioned it ingame. Additionally, there have been more than a few things that were working just fine and people expected them not to change it. They did. That just means that you do need to at least keep a watch on the dev tracker to see what is getting changed.