Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What did you think of Secrets of the Enclave?

Ardrossan

I’m wondering how many people got the taskbar bug that unlocks it and if you leave / return to fix it, you then get locked in the flash point and can’t move. Basically making that character unplayable brill they fix the bug.

Having read about this, I set up a keybind for toggling the quickbar lock before starting the FP. The keybind works without having to do anything else. Easy workaround. The bug needs fixing though. A workaround shouldn’t be required.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 3 characters I've ran through there ALL have that issue. Two of those are smugglers. I just played with it unlocked. (It's a royal pain).

In any case... just another BUG to deal with for now !

Mine got locked out -- had to send in a ticket --

they got my toons out and ok, but still have the hot bar bug --

I just played with it unlocked too -- had to be careful, and for someone who hits their keys fast, it was a pain ...

I will not be playing any more until they get this fixed

Edited by Tashia

Not sure if this needs spoilers but

you don't get an option to kill Leeha, the ls/ds is whether you inform the council about her and angry Zabrak dude's relationship.

Oh o_O That's good to know.

I felt bad fighting her and her droids.

I will 100% vote kick Krovos for pulling mobs out of my AOE.

Got the skill lock bug. Ctrl+U twice fixed it.

Wished there are more tricks in the Enclave now that ppl mentioned KOTOR2. I miss blowing myself up in that electric (?) room lol

Edited by eabevella

I’m wondering how many people got the taskbar bug that unlocks it and if you leave / return to fix it, you then get locked in the flash point and can’t move. Basically making that character unplayable brill they fix the bug.

Interesting. I ran 4 characters through it and never encountered it.

If it matters, I’m not using the Steam version

It’s why I haven’t tried it on any of my alts. BioWare haven’t even announced an emergency patch date yet, so I’m not risking one of my 75s.

I had the taskbar bug on my Sentinel, but I never went back into the flashpoint and it seems to be locking fine now.

Having read about this, I set up a keybind for toggling the quickbar lock before starting the FP. The keybind works without having to do anything else. Easy workaround. The bug needs fixing though. A workaround shouldn’t be required.

Thanks for letting us know. That’s a good work around.

I'm not so sure this issue is directly linked to the flashpoint. I have not entered the fp yet on any toon but had my taskbar unlock in the middle of an op. I would lock it and then the next time I used a skill not key bound it would unlock again.

I had the taskbar bug on my Sentinel, but I never went back into the flashpoint and it seems to be locking fine now.

Correct ! The bug is ONLY in the FP !!

But as someone has already stated: There is a work around ... BUT should NOT be needed !!

BW just needs to fix the BUG !!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

I found the story very lacklustre, it feels either the writing team don't really care and just phoning it in or the flash point was created and they were told to fit a story around it.

None of the content appeared to have any relevance to why the player was there, what was 'discovered' was already either known or added nothing to the advancement of the story. Its even summed up by the e-mails you receive at the end with 5 emails all saying nothing of any interest. The entire story could be summed up with a short story on the website.

And perhaps worse is that this could all end up as a retelling on the day 1 launch Ilum experience following the retelling of the day 1 launch Jedi Knight story. The game is coming up to 10 years old and in that time the story has been the Sith Emperor defeated, resurrected, defeated, escapes, pops back up, defeated, resurrected, defeated for definite this time the galaxy all felt it, resurrected, defeated for sure this time, lets keep an eye out for him. Now Malgus is back. I bet Daniel Erickson wishes he was getting royalties from the rehashing of his work.

So some of the individual characters are great and there are parts that are enjoyable but its been over a year since the events of Onslaught and the next part of the story is a snipe hunt of fighting things that have no relevance to the story.

And perhaps worse is that this could all end up as a retelling on the day 1 launch Ilum experience following the retelling of the day 1 launch Jedi Knight story. The game is coming up to 10 years old and in that time the story has been the Sith Emperor defeated, resurrected, defeated, escapes, pops back up, defeated, resurrected, defeated for definite this time the galaxy all felt it, resurrected, defeated for sure this time, lets keep an eye out for him. Now Malgus is back. I bet Daniel Erickson wishes he was getting royalties from the rehashing of his work.

lol I hadn't thought of it that way. I certainly wasn't a big fan of them bringing Malgus back.

Now I'm starting to think this game has ruined my good taste because I'll just accept any piece of crap story as great writing because it's slightly better than the default piece of crap storytelling.

Having never played the other game I have no idea how this fits in with the lore. But its interesting learning more about how the Jedi are not what they pretend. But then I never thought they Jedi and the Republic rebels were the good guys in the movies anyway.

I don' think Rivix trusts anyone. Some people think he suspects the saboteur , I think he suspects everyone.

But paranoia is normal for most Sith.

I don't like that Saboteur is tied to lightside only options. On the Republic if you are a Saboteur the LS option has ":saboteur" on it. So for the first time my Jedi Shadow took the LS option. On Empire there is no warning you must go LS and first time through I didn't, so didn't get the sabotage option and no extra email.

They need to fix the skill bar coming unlocked and staying that way after the Graul. And the Graul needs to stay dead. On both versions its standing there very much alive during cutscene. Looks like droid tries to provoke it by kicking it, when meant to be kicking a corpse.

Might just be me but it feels like there's more class specific variance sprinkled throughout the otherwise same options, not just the few obviously different ones.

Which is super nice and really adds to the re-playability.

and I always wondered why isn't done more. The only added effort to have a ton of class specific lines is on the part of the writers, and with all due respect to the crew, not as if they're writing novels worth of stuff for this game at this stage lol. Story content is probably gated by the ability to craft scenes for it, so might as well compensate by going ham on the VO variance in the scenes we do get.

Having never played the other game I have no idea how this fits in with the lore. But its interesting learning more about how the Jedi are not what they pretend. But then I never thought they Jedi and the Republic rebels were the good guys in the movies anyway.

TBH, I thought this was stupid. This wasn’t a “standard practice” or a special deviation on Dantooine. It was an act of desperation in trying to find the Star Forge… blanking the mind of the villain Revan after saving his life from Malak’s attempt to kill him. They hoped that he might be able to lead them to the Star Forge through his subconscious memories.

I’m guessing that the writer either never played KOTOR or forgot the nuances.

TBH, I thought this was stupid. This wasn’t a “standard practice” or a special deviation on Dantooine. It was an act of desperation in trying to find the Star Forge… blanking the mind of the villain Revan after saving his life from Malak’s attempt to kill him. They hoped that he might be able to lead them to the Star Forge through his subconscious memories.

I’m guessing that the writer either never played KOTOR or forgot the nuances.

in Kotor 2 they scrutinize this particular ethical decision at length because it contrasts so heavily with Bastila's smug assertion on Taris that "The Jedi don't believe in execution...no one deserves that no matter what their crime." The game is also a critique of Jedi "desperate measures" tactics like cutting people off from the Force.

The fact that no one in swtor discusses mind-wiping as a possible force technique even as a hypothetical, even among the Sith (in SW story they do this through an injection) suggests that the Dantooine enclave was running past the moral event horizon and the justifications they offered in K1 were not convincing in-universe.

Edited by Ardrossan

in Kotor 2 they scrutinize this particular ethical decision at length because it contrasts so heavily with Bastila's smug assertion on Taris that "The Jedi don't believe in execution...no one deserves that no matter what their crime." The game is also a critique of Jedi "desperate measures" tactics like cutting people off from the Force.

The fact that no one in swtor discusses mind-wiping as a possible force technique even as a hypothetical, even among the Sith (in SW story they do this through an injection) suggests that the Dantooine enclave was running past the moral event horizon and the justifications they offered in K1 were not convincing in-universe.

The exile cut herself off from the Force

The exile cut herself off from the Force

I know that, they discover that at the end of the game, the other 80% is the Jedi council being criticized for various things they did during the mandalorian wars/revan.

Also, I put spoilers for this FP because people may not have played it, but K2 is a 17 year old game, I think it's fine.

Edited by Ardrossan

I know that, they discover that at the end of the game, the other 80% is the Jedi council being criticized for various things they did during the mandalorian wars/revan.

Also, I put spoilers for this FP because people may not have played it, but K2 is a 17 year old game, I think it's fine.

Well, the criticism of the Jedi was their inaction. It’s quite possible that in the ~400 years(?) between KOTOR and SWTOR, the Jedi became more aggressive. It’s possible that Arn and Rivx had bad history. But I think this is more of a modern retcon of the story by the IRL writers

I was hoping for more a difference between Arn if you called Tau when he went after the slavers and if you didn't. If you didn't one of his emails makes it sound like he could be turning darkside. But the only differences are he's not as positive about his training and he doesn't know what Tau's mission is. And he's ruder when he defends the former jedi.

I enjoyed it a lot, while I wasn't a fan of bringing Malgus back to the realm of the living in Jedi Under Siege I can't say I dislike the current arc currently. One of my issues with his betrayal in the vanilla game is the lack of proper build-up to it, before Ilum he was a glorified quest giver despite having been the marketing face for the game and he is dealt with in one single planetary story arc? Too little, my philosophy on bringing back characters from the dead is make something interesting with them and they're currently doing that, at least for me.

This is the odd flashpoint though, as I usually prefer Imperial storylines over the Republic ones but this time I actually prefer the Republic storyline, as someone who has read the Deceived novel seeing Aryn Leneer is priceless and having her mention Force Empathy directly is great. I really enjoyed her and I hope we get to see more of her in the future. Impside wasn't so bad to me though Rivix is far more charming than Krovos.

I also don't really know how to feel about Krovos wanting to "redeem" Malgus and bring him back to the Empire, as well as them having a Force Bond. On one hand, I understand Malgus is an asset, he is a warrior that has fought for decades and has eons of experience, on the other this is the second time that he is betraying the Empire so I'm not sure its wise or even possible to try to bring him back to the Empire. Malgus in the deceived novel very clearly started having disdain for the Empire, which is why he rebelled when he did a fact I feel like the game should've hinted at before tha False Emperor storyline.

The Force Bond I can understand if they fought together a lot, though I feel like that shouldn't have been left to be established during Secrets of the Enclave, at the very least hint at it before the Flashpoint. I also enjoyed the small things saboteurs get to do, warn your handler about Malgus and letting your faction know how much you have contempt for them.

Another thing that was nice was the difference between Arn who bonded with Tau and Arn who hasn't, unfortunately my main character on the Republic side where I didn't had Arn bond with Tau is also the character that I completed every single quest (including expansions) in the game, outside of a few one time operation quests which I always forget to pick up before doing them. I may have to re-create him in order to fix that mistake... because I certainly don't want Arn falling to the Dark Side.

As for the mechanics I could faceroll the Flashpoint on story mode, granted I've min-maxed my characters so they do pretty good damage, its a fun if slightly too easy flashpoint on Master Mode (albeit I can understand not making it extremely hard considering Flashpoints for the past few years had that design philosophy). I was a bit disappointed that there weren't different mechanics based on which faction you were playing like Objective Meridian, but I can understand why (budget and time constraints, etc). Overall I look forward to the ongoing story.

Its kinda ironic but actual Empire is is the Empire that Malgus dreamt for : united and aliens working side by side with humans.

I did like how Onslaught showed a recent change of thinking about it. Back when my Cathar bounty hunter came to Dromond Kass, there were several quests where the cutscenes showed racist attitudes.

That doesn’t show up if your non-human is a Sith or agent however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.