Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

I wanted to write how they are insanely OP cause they kill me in 3 secs even though i am in heavy armor and how its so stupid that ppl leave warzones when they see them.

But no.

I ll just reroll operative...

...and join the land of operatives...

And then i ll be back here and write how its not an OP class.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to write how they are insanely OP cause they kill me in 3 secs even though i am in heavy armor and how its so stupid that ppl leave warzones when they see them.

But no.

I ll just reroll operative...

...and join the land of operatives...

And then i ll be back here and write how its not an OP class.

Again... you were killed so fast because they used stims... If any other class has stims, they will own you as well. BH seem to 3 shot me in the same fashion and they can take way more damage.

never 3 shotted or 2 shotted anybody on my lvl 50 scoundrel i did kill ppl in 5 gcds but they were usually lowbies when it comes to lvl 50s it usually takes about 9 to 10 gcd to kill them. like i said if OP/scoundrel can get some survivability and sustained damage then well nobody would be complaining, i strongly advise those ppl saying that OP/scoundrel is OP to play it and see how fragile it really is

This is my expirience aswell at almost mid 40ie, the squishies get killed very fast. Noob sorcerer who have no shield up which would stop my whole opener and DD shadows. With lvl 42 I did kill a lvl 50 shadow in a full combo almost since I was lucky with crits, but he wasnt geared for sure. But never ever I did 2 or 3 shot any player not even a player twenty levels under me. When I encounter classes with higher armor I use a lot more, my rifle aswell sometimes and it takes a while to take them down, sometimes I die aswell of course. Some Snipers did kick may *** in short time, they did make a great use of their own CC....

Edited by BobaFurz

Did you watch the same video. He was almost NEVER alone. There were Zero true 1v1 fights in that video, other than him sneaking up on some half dead guy in the corner.

That video was a horrible example of the Operative, it was never 1v1. And yes he had a guy healing him most of the game.

The person in that video is a good PvPer, that's all. He knew when to get out, where the items were, etc. He's just better at this game than you are basically.

The ONLY thing I'd even consider "Overpowered" in that video was the fact that his resources never went down, no matter what he did. He always had full resources.

Another thing to note, is that he contributed ZERO to the objective of the game, which is huttball. Operatives don't seem equipped to do much else other than kill, which isn't the basis of warzones. They don't see to be able to contribute to the objective, and they're slow as anything. So in that aspect I'd almost say they're underpowered. 90% of the people he killed in that video were turned around focusing on the ball handling, completely ignoring the operative.

Obviously we did not watch the same video because almost nothing you said was true. Dear lord.... if you don't consider killing the people going after the ball handler contributing, you are wrong. If you don't consider getting the ball far enough to pass to others, you are wrong. In fact, this mindset is the worst, you aren't supposed to worry about if you can get the ball from the half point to the end while being the carrier yourself the whole time. No one can do that alone against a decent team. NO ONE. A tank with a healer has an easier time, but often they will still die. Protecting the ball carrier is just as important as anything else as well as removing their support.

I never 2-3 shot anyone. The only time people get 3 shot is because of the OP Biochem stims that give them insane crit chance or make their crits hit 70% harder. That goes for almost any class though. We are not OP, Biochem is OP if anything.

You know... that might be it... I know that epic reusable items are way stronger than they should be compared to the consumables, but more to the point, what's the duration on those strong ones and the cooldown?

Edited by Kuari

I do gib people in a few seconds, sometimes. It's pretty much always non-50s. 50s take a bit longer. Though some of them die almost as fast as lowbies. But it's never the people that shield themselves, CC me, snare me, have a healer with them, have guard on them, pot, trinket out of my knockdown, etc.

It's the people that eat a full dura knockdown, then turn to me and begin attacking me. Stupid. That is why you die.

Again... you were killed so fast because they used stims... If any other class has stims, they will own you as well. BH seem to 3 shot me in the same fashion and they can take way more damage.

I got 4 shotted by a Commando the other day that got pissed off at me and used all of his cooldowns. Guess what I didn't do? NERRRRRRRFFFFFF!!!

Obviously we did not watch the same video because almost nothing you said was true. Dear lord.... if you don't consider killing the people going after the ball handler contributing, you are wrong. If you don't consider getting the ball far enough to pass to others, you are wrong. In fact, this mindset is the worst, you aren't supposed to worry about if you can get the ball from the half point to the end while being the carrier yourself the whole time. No one can do that alone against a decent team. NO ONE. A tank with a healer has an easier time, but often they will still die. Protecting the ball carrier is just as important as anything else as well as removing their support.

You know... that might be it... I know that epic reusable items are way stronger than they should be compared to the consumables, but more to the point, what's the duration on those strong ones and the cooldown?

They last 15 seconds and are on a 3 min cooldown. Plus the 60 min buff that gives about 130 to main stat and 60 to power.

Also, people are using the expertise buff from the pvp merchant added onto the bufff you get in the warzone. Any lvl 50 class is able to own with those types of buffs over their opponents.

Edited by ironhydra

They last 15 seconds and are on a 3 min. Plus the 60 min buff that gives about 130 to main stat and 60 to power.

The 60 minute one seems not too far from a consumable stim at least, but the 15 second ones are probably what adds to the slaughter, yeah.

I got 4 shotted by a Commando the other day that got pissed off at me and used all of his cooldowns. Guess what I didn't do? NERRRRRRRFFFFFF!!!

I know exactly what you didn't do: pop Evasion > Cloaking Screen

Lazy.

The 60 minute one seems not too far from a consumable stim at least, but the 15 second ones are probably what adds to the slaughter, yeah.

ya that and this:

People are using the expertise buff from the pvp merchant added onto the buff you get in the warzone. Any lvl 50 class is able to own with those types of buffs over their opponents.

ya that and this:

People are using the expertise buff from the pvp merchant added onto the buff you get in the warzone. Any lvl 50 class is able to own with those types of buffs over their opponents.

See, that one I use occaisonally... its painful, but not quite that painful. Well, unless a clump of idiots stand in my AoE hell. Seriously, easiest set of attacks to avoid and I've melted groups with it.

Is not a matter of class op or not, in all mmo's we have some op classes...but the scondrels/operatives is a MONSTER CLASS THAT CAN BEAT YOU IN ONE STUN(valor 60+ marauder here but they do the same damage on tanks with 18k hp) .

The true problems of the operatives/scoundrels is they are completly *********** the pvp of the game. If you are vs a party with 2-3 is a loose bg. They pown all of the bg.

If BioWare dont fix the problem the pvp is going out.

Is not a matter of class op or not, in all mmo's we have some op classes...but the scondrels/operatives is a MONSTER CLASS THAT CAN BEAT YOU IN ONE STUN(valor 60+ marauder here but they do the same damage on tanks with 18k hp) .

The true problems of the operatives/scoundrels is they are completly *********** the pvp of the game. If you are vs a party with 2-3 is a loose bg. They pown all of the bg.

Liar.

If BioWare dont fix the problem the pvp is going out.

Haha funny thing is that marauders are one class that kicks *** in pvp. Only way to have a chance is to get the jump on them. They have many good defensive and offensive abilities to keep them alive while dishing out the DPS.

Edited by ironhydra

The scoundrel/op opener is a 3 sec knockdown that cannot be defended. You cannot cc break it with your abilities.

Yes you can cc break it.

Bounty Hunter and a Sage both break it here with their Cc breaker. I break it as well with my Sentinel. I break with CC break. Should I repeat it again? It won't matter people will still keep telling these myths.

The only classes I face roll on operative are marauders/sentinels and gunslingers/snipers. So pretty much the completely underpowered classes.

Tanks and mercs/commandos are a 50/50 proposition.

Sorcs/consulars are regosh darndiculous. brb, bubble absorbs all 70% of my knockdown attacks, get knocked back and now have to fight another bubble. Might as well use cloak screen and find the 1897987th noob marauder.

Edited by GeoLager

I reached a level 50 bountyhunter bodyguard.

I've got 7.25% expertise, 33% damage reduction from armor.

And an 50 operative can bring me to 50% while I'm in his stun. We don't always have all our CDs to pop, and unless we do, we're good as dead. How is that balanced.

And what happens if an OP/Scoundrel is caught from range when he jumps someone else?

I bet ppls are not whining then...

Edited by specialllama

Yes you can cc break it.

Bounty Hunter and a Sage both break it here with their Cc breaker. I break it as well with my Sentinel. I break with CC break. Should I repeat it again? It won't matter people will still keep telling these myths.

Yes. you are correct. I confirmed this as I said in the thread via a duel with a guildy. You can cc break the opener. however, in the duel, even when i knew he was going to open on me.... i popped cc break, medpack, and force speed and in that time he was able to land a 5k opener, a 2.5k attack and then fire a snipe shot for 2k.

so yeah.. when you know its coming.. and you have rapid instincts to push cc break..pot..and flee.... you can still get rocked for close to 10k. seems balanced.

the dmg isnt even what makes them bad, its the fact that there in total control of the fight. They have first strike(dah), they have enough cc to get the dmg without any resistance and if they cant finish it they have enough time to run away and cloak(again useing cc). Risk versus reward is non existant and thats no good in the world of balance.

the dmg isnt even what makes them bad, its the fact that there in total control of the fight. They have first strike(dah), they have enough cc to get the dmg without any resistance and if they cant finish it they have enough time to run away and cloak(again useing cc). Risk versus reward is non existant and thats no good in the world of balance.

Fine, reduce hidden strike damage, which is the hardest hitting ability, and buff shiv and backstab.

I'll gladly take that trade. Maybe I won't be so worthless outside of stealth.