Rakghoul Antibody Dispersion Droid

Mubrak

According to the tooltip it seems not to bind at all. So can it be given to alts or sold on the GTN even after using (just like reusable stims or the Czerka crate)? It is reusable, right? Edited by Mubrak

I bought one and used it.

It IS reusable and has a 5 minute cooldown.

It does NOT bind.

I CAN put it in my Legacy cargo hold.

I CAN list it on the GTN

However, it does NOT persist through death so it is a complete waste with a 5 minute cooldown.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

I bought one and used it.

It IS reusable and has a 5 minute cooldown.

It does NOT bind.

I CAN put it in my Legacy cargo hold.

I CAN list it on the GTN

However, it does NOT persist through death so it is a complete waste with a 5 minute cooldown.

Thank you for testing it.

The cooldown makes it useless for the event world bosses, but not persisting through death is mainly an issue for PVP, isn't it? Getting farmed and reinfected should be pretty rare, though. At least it can be used to cure the infected in our group, whether they like it or not. Still a better use for that Barnacle than giving it to Lokin.

Thank you for testing it.

The cooldown makes it useless for the event world bosses, but not persisting through death is mainly an issue for PVP, isn't it? Getting farmed and reinfected should be pretty rare, though. At least it can be used to cure the infected in our group, whether they like it or not. Still a better use for that Barnacle than giving it to Lokin.

Yes, the other issue with the 5 minute cooldown are the world bosses that strip immunity.

Here's a video of it:

Thanks. That looks a little less ridiculous than I imagined.

One has to hand it to BW, though. First, they mess with something that's working. Then, instead of going back to what was working, they create a workaround that has its own issues.

The combination of ill-judgement, ego, obstinacy, and incompetence is breath-taking.

Edited by mike_carton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
ok another rakghoul event around and this thing still has 5minute cooldown making it pretty much useless. given its cost that makes it even worse. give us 5second cooldown or even better no cooldown. its not like we dont have better vaccination options - both vaccine relic and vaccine consumable can be used every gcd so why put whole 5 minutes on Antibody Droid since it makes it completely useless given these other vaccination options available?

ok another rakghoul event around and this thing still has 5minute cooldown making it pretty much useless. given its cost that makes it even worse. give us 5second cooldown or even better no cooldown. its not like we dont have better vaccination options - both vaccine relic and vaccine consumable can be used every gcd so why put whole 5 minutes on Antibody Droid since it makes it completely useless given these other vaccination options available?

Because when they removed the superior functionality of the Anti-Viral Kit relics and said they would look into it it was entirely their intention to come back with an objectively less useful item because their intent was to force people to use the single use vaccines. They could have easily changed the relics into a reusable stim, but they did not. Yes, I know, Hanlon's razor. I still think this was intentional.

What they could do with the droid, to make it actually useful and desirable, is change the buff to the wearer to grant immunity whilst it is worn, no click to vaccinate, just a permanent immunity so long as it is worn, and keep the on-click AOE vaccination ability for the added group benefit. Or better yet, just put a reusable stim on the reputation vendor.

Because when they removed the superior functionality of the Anti-Viral Kit relics and said they would look into it it was entirely their intention to come back with an objectively less useful item because their intent was to force people to use the single use vaccines. They could have easily changed the relics into a reusable stim, but they did not. Yes, I know, Hanlon's razor. I still think this was intentional.

What they could do with the droid, to make it actually useful and desirable, is change the buff to the wearer to grant immunity whilst it is worn, no click to vaccinate, just a permanent immunity so long as it is worn, and keep the on-click AOE vaccination ability for the added group benefit. Or better yet, just put a reusable stim on the reputation vendor.

All they need to do is lower the cooldown on the ability and it becomes significantly more useful. It is possible that the intention is for multiple members of the group to coordinate popping their dispersal droids during the world boss fights, in the same way Bioware expects players to coordinate their interrupts on the seige droids for Kephess in EC, or knockbacks on Styrak in S&V. This is probably doable because I generally only need about 5 re-vaccinations per fight, even if it against the secret boss in Kaon Under Seige. The trouble is assuming the rest of a PUG group has purchased the droid ability, or that you can coordinate properly. Again, this is not an unreasonable expectation on the part of Bioware, and there is a very simple workaround (keep a stack of vaccines) should a player be thrown in with a less than ideal group. However, its still not a proper replication of the "experience" of the antiviral kit and so it really ought to have a cooldown reduction.

party members within the aoe area only.

-> sadly it proved my undoing since i had stage 1 debuff for 3 years or so on one of my toons - not ticking down and lost it thanks to stupid overzealous guy who just threw it on me without a second of consideration and didnt even bothered to check if it has a timer while i was loading into eyeless via gf pop.

Edited by Darittha

party members within the aoe area only.

-> sadly it proved my undoing since i had stage 1 debuff for 3 years or so on one of my toons - not ticking down and lost it thanks to stupid overzealous guy who just threw it on me without a second of consideration and didnt even bothered to check if it has a timer while i was loading into eyeless via gf pop.

So when you are running a FP where someone refuses to use a Rak Vacc just to troll a group, pull out your Handy Dandy Droid and cleanse the troll.