a thread to debate the merits of slicing changes (post here, not there)

DakhathKilrathi

Vet Here, 98% completion.

Remote Slicing is absurdly overpowered. OP stated it perfectly. The ability rewards the user greatly and requires no skill to use. Only annoying tumors use it.

As for what the ability would do after a nerf is applied, I'll leave that up to you guys. But you have my support to crush this ability into dust.

Hate to break it to you, but the nerf was already applied. Less engine drain and you need line of sight to apply it. At this point, it’s a matter of learning to counter it.

Also, “crush this ability into dust”? Why? So there can be yet another useless GSF ability that no one uses? I’d prefer that T3 Strike to keep its identity.

Edited by Enticy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you dare to offend T3F saying its identity is 'slicer'.

With Combat Command or Repairs it's a perfect tanky/support ship.

RS is an ability with pathetic concept, designed for people who can't kill a target when it has shields, engines and missile break.

Also I don't know whose brilliant idea was to give RS to T3F.

Look at EMP and what ship has it. T1S (or bomber). Now compare its stats and possible missile variants to T3F. Lmao. Why would T3F ever need an ability that does to opponent all the things RS does?

Don't you dare to offend T3F saying its identity is 'slicer'.

With Combat Command or Repairs it's a perfect tanky/support ship.

RS is an ability with pathetic concept, designed for people who can't kill a target when it has shields, engines and missile break.

Read: I got spanked by a T3 Strike and never figured out how to counter slicing, therefore it’s a pathetic concept for people who don’t fly ships that I can kill more easily. Seriously, how much crying do y’all need to do? Why is it that instead of learning to play around or counter things, everybody wants to whine and cry until the devs remove it from the game?

Read: I got spanked by a T3 Strike and never figured out how to counter slicing, therefore it’s a pathetic conce

There is no 'counter' for slicing, except lovetappingg the slicer with ion rail.

Personally, I would be fine with it (for me it is a cancer of GSF... but well, there is no perfect ballance, so let the people who can't play anything else have some chance to score a kill); though I would just add a noticeable visual effect / sound alert for being sliced. Something like being EMPed.

PS. Got subbed for a month, will see how the new expansion works ;)

Read: I got spanked by a T3 Strike and never figured out how to counter slicing, therefore it’s a pathetic concept for people who don’t fly ships that I can kill more easily. Seriously, how much crying do y’all need to do? Why is it that instead of learning to play around or counter things, everybody wants to whine and cry until the devs remove it from the game?

How nice of you to skip the part to which you can't answer, huh?

What's this weak attempt to get it personal? got spanked by a T3 Strike

Get lost, buddy.

How nice of you to skip the part to which you can't answer, huh?

What's this weak attempt to get it personal? got spanked by a T3 Strike

Get lost, buddy.

I didn’t answer that part because I didn’t feel the need to, as it’s a minor debate. But since you want to make a mountain out of a molehill, yes, the T3 Strike is fine at being tanky when needed. However, the majority of people who use it do so because of Remote Slicing. If we want a tanky ship to defend, we’ll use a bomber. They are much better in a wider range of situations.

As far as “getting personal”, let’s be clear about something. Calling an ability pathetic and insulting the people who use it is the argument a twelve year old would use. It’s right up there with calling someone a hacker. If you want to debate the merits of the ability, aka, the purpose of this thread (which, btw, was dead and resolved before someone else came along), then at least offer some facts. Otherwise, I just have to assume you’re one of the people who can’t outplay a T3 Strike and have to resort to name-calling.

It’s not getting personal. It’s calling out the truth as I see it. You being offended by it enough to tell me to “get lost, buddy” (what is this, 1985?) doesn’t change my opinion.

I T3 Strike is fine at being tanky when needed. However, the majority of people who use it do so because of Remote Slicing.

"Majority" has a sense of decency not to use it. Personally, I have T3 with probe / EMP (sometimes classic protorp) and shield projector for fun (in n both dom/tdm). I see many more people flying that combo as well.