Login service unavailable

CriticalFlame

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the error a few times, then I checked if there were any Windows Updates (KB4586876) and also did the upgrade to the lingering Windows 10 20H2 I still had in my list (had to restart PC for both). I tried to login again right after that and it worked. I just read about modifying the date and thought about trying that if it didn't work after this. Could be it was solved though and maybe I didn't see that update here yet.

Hi,

Our team is currently looking into the issue you all encounter. I'll update you in this thread when I know more.

The community has found that changing your PC's date back one day fixes the logon issues. So I tried it and it does. Now, I must say, I work as a Data Center Administrator. I have a Masters in Computer Science, if that workaround on your customers side resolves the issue, there must be an expired certificate or some error in your system that does not accept said certificates based on time. Now if you can please make this error, but just the opposite because I would rather set my computer in the future and get tomorrows lottery numbers and win big.... I promise to share.

Joking aside:

Also, all the forum posts show they have last been created 7 hour in the future (before my pc change) and my location is correct in the forum settings.

Edited by DakotaDoc

The community has found that changing your PC's date back one day fixes the logon issues. So I tried it and it does. Now, I must say, I work as a Data Center Administrator. I have a Masters in Computer Science, if that workaround on your customers side resolves the issue, there must be an expired certificate or some error in your system that does not accept said certificates based on time. Now if you can please make this error, but just the opposite because I would rather set my computer in the future and get tomorrows lottery numbers and win big.... I promise to share.

Joking aside, do you all need some real IT help there? Just asking.

Did you ever consider the possibility that the supposed "Windows date work-a-round" was coincidentally discovered at the very same time BioWare had actually fixed their login issue....but just hadn't updated the public yet about it?

Just asking. :D

Edited by Nee-Elder

Did you ever consider the possibility that the supposed "Windows date work-a-round" was coincidentally discovered at the very same time BioWare had actually fixed their login issue....but just hadn't updated the public yet about it?

Just asking. :D

Possibly, but I was trying repeatedly for some time. Then changed the date back and poof it worked. Coincidence?

Edited by DakotaDoc

Possibly, but I was trying repeatedly for some time. Then changed the date back and poof it worked. Coincidence?

We won't know for certain unless/until BioWare tells us (the public) exactly what the issue & cause was.

However, you of all people should know that it's highly doubtful BioWare will (or can) tell us with full transparency, since it could've been a security breach or vulnerability situation they won't want to reveal.

But that was sort of my point: No one knows for sure.

Therefore, until we get the true info from the people who actually have that info, what purpose---other than typical feigned internet "rage"---does it serve to troll/flame those very people ?

And i ask that earnestly, without any sarcasm. I'm genuinely curious (at the risk of potentially de-railing what is now a practically superfluous thread) .

Therefore, until we get the true info from the people who actually have that info, what purpose---other than typical feigned internet "rage"---does it serve to troll/flame those very people ?

And i ask that earnestly, without any sarcasm. I'm genuinely curious (at the risk of potentially de-railing what is now a practically superfluous thread) .

Your right.

Edited by DakotaDoc