Day-Night Cycles for Strongholds

Hoppinswtor

Sure, Rishi looks great in its perpetual sunset, but imagine if it had a true day-night cycle. Night-time parties might be a lot of fun! Even planets like Coruscant would be pretty cinematic at different times of day. It's probably too much work for too little gain at this point, but it's something to consider.

Ever since I saw someone comment about its potential, I have always wanted a Manaan with a night option...

and a scale slider for the fireworks launcher deco(s)

I do not see making SH lighting changes to be an issue or anything 'difficult' to implement, but that may also be relative to what they did to generate the lighting to begin with and if they had the foresight to link said light sources in the first place

along that line, I would rather have the "light source" as a deco, where the X & Y positional sliders could control the light intensity and angle, and the rotation would control the "sky" backdrop (ie: clouds vs stars). hell, an ambitious designer could even make the "sky" a new deco of itself with ambient weather options...

I see the possibly larger issue being the need to revisit every deco ever made that is supposed to have a light source and "fixing" them to work in the dark (cause, you know, working as intended...)

Edited by Kaveat

• 3 weeks later...
This is something I've wanted for a long time. I remember being so disappointed when I found out the Rishi SH was going to exist during the day. Sure I purchased it, tried to make it work anyway, but ultimately deactivated it. I really wanted to see the stars and the Rishi Maze in the sky. 😐