The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Token of Valor and Token of the Sociable

Ner_idia

I really don't think things like these should be made buyable. These things are meant to be earned through playtime and thats completely fine tbh. People (me included) always complained that SWTOR is giving way too much away via the CM since its introduction, it really doesn't need more things that you can and should easily earn from grinding.

What I rather would like to see is that they change the Social System as I already suggested in a thread in the Suggestion Section, to give us more options on farming them since all the new FP's lacking on conversation options and the points you get through bosskills is minimal. What they could do, with Valor and Social Points, is give them a row in the legacy-tree which we can unlock and will grant us 6% more on each unlock, stacking up to 5 times as they did with Experience for example.

TLDR; Cartel Market is for cosmetical purposes, or mounts/decorations (though they could add more decorations and especially mounts earnable through ingame things) and not for things that are obviously ment to be earned through grinding. Every MMO needs at least a little bit of grind. Besides that, they already gave us a nice possibility to increase Valor/Social Points through the Login-Reward System. I really like the Social and Valor tokens there, especially the higher ones.

Edited by Jesseriah

We already have boosts, which can grant far more points. So, I don't see an issue here.

no, boosts just increase your acquisition percentage, instaed of getting 100% social, you get 125% (or whatever the bonus is) , and you can only use 1.

The tokens give you an actual amount, say 200 (as I can't remember what it was) someone could buy a x amount of them, and suddenly be level 10 social, or buy the equivalent for valor, and had 100 valor. So yes, there is a huge issue here.

So yes, there is a huge issue here.

So...how exactly does someone suddenly able to get to social 10 or valor 100 affect you? Because from my perspective....it doesn't.

And I get it. You're upset because they wouldn't "earn" it.

Edited by Ner_idia

anything like that sets a deadly precedent, it pushes the game towards pay to win, we already have enough trolls claiming it is. This would be a rung on that ladder.

This. I remember getting my first toon to Social X felt like it took forever, because I was mostly a solo player back then. And I remember how great it was to finally get there. Same thing with valor rank 100. For some reason a lot of new players seem to think everything should be handed out to them freely, without any effort. Or they think they should be able to buy what they can't achieve without lifting a finger.

That's also why we have so many really bad players in game, they got through leveling without doing anything, and now they think they are pros because it was so easy. When they wipe a group in fp or ops, it's always someone else's fault, because they never had any trouble doing solo content - how can it be their fault, right...?

There's already guilds doing sale runs to get NiM titles and mounts for whoever is willing to pay. That devalues all the legit NiM titles and cheevos from people who actually earned them. Elite Warlord, and whatever you get from Social X are pretty much the only valuable titles left in the game that you can't buy. Social X is not even that hard to get, I have it on several toons. If you want higher rank on either Social or Valor, the only way to get them should be playing the game.

So...how exactly does someone suddenly able to get to social 10 or valor 100 affect you? Because from my perspective....it doesn't.

And I get it. You're upset because they wouldn't "earn" it.

There's a massive difference between the datacron + Token. The biggest issue with someone being able to buy valor, would be people buying the master tokens, and then valor tokens, hitting enough to get in to ranked. And if you can't see the damage that would do, there's no making sense to you. And this is coming from a non pvp person....