Overpriced items on the GTN

TriceraNL

Why would the loss of the referral program result in a lower supply of CM items? Do we have any evidence that this has actually happened or is it purely speculative? I suspect that any dent in CC available for purchasing has been more than made up for by the massive amounts of CC being handed out as GS rewards; I have more CC right now on hand than I've ever had due to the GS system; I suspect I'm not the only one.

Let's put it this way:

I used to get around 8-12.000 CC per month with the referral program.

I spent almost all of that on CM items that I then sold on the GTN.

How much of this "massive" amount of CC am I getting from the GS now?

4000... IF I do the ENTIRE season... which I won't because I only play storylines. I barely touch my lvl 75 characters.

And I'm willing to bet that I'm not a unique case.

Hell, even if everyone who used to earn what I did, grinded through the GS each season, that's still 4000 CC over the period of 5 months.

Something that usually would have netted me around 50.000 CC... that's TEN TIMES more than you'd get from the GS.

I'd hardly call that getting "massive" amounts of CC from the GS.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post.

What I see as the biggest problem is that people just have no patience. If they see something they want, they have to have it NOW!. For that reason, people will pay high prices and for that same reason, people will complain about the high prices.

Illustrating my point are the recent complaints about GS and its limited PO re-roll design. People were freaking out because they didn't like some of the POs they were assigned. All they have to do is skip those ones they hate when they don't have re-rolls. There's plenty of time to complete the season before it ends. But people want to be done NOW! Bioware even gave the CC option specifically for those people and they complain that it's a money-grab. They rolled out the credit sink catch-up option and people think they're evil.

Another example is the grindy achievements. People see some of the event ones and complain saying they won't be wasting their time. People act like you have to spend every waking moment getting that achievement done NOW, when it was really designed to be done over a long period of time.

When it comes to credits, people that complain either don't want to invest the time to learn and adapt with the game's economy or they don't want to play the game very much. They just want what they want NOW!

You know what I'd like?

An actual auction like function, like what happened when they introduced a marketplace in the game War Thunder.

You put your offer for purchase up... say "lightsaber X" for 10k.

And then, when (and if) someone wants to sell one for that price, you'll get it in the in-game mail.

That way, you can just put up a buy offer and wait.

Another benefit is that the sellers get to see what the demand is actually like. If they want to put their item up for sale for 20 million, but they can see that the highest bid is for 10 million... they might lower their price.

The problem with the GTN is that you only see the highest bid for sale. No indication of if people are actually buying at that price (unless you actually sit there and study the market over days and days... which most won't).

So if someone put an item up for sale for 20 million, most other sellers will put theirs up for around that.

EDIT: War Thunders marketplace actually has a tracker as well, so you can actually see what items have been selling for in the past and how many have been sold per day. It's pretty great.

Edited by OddballEasyEight