good to see my sub money being so well spent ..... NOT

DarthSmokealot

how is it after all these years , you are STILL releasing broken updates ???

resubbed and came back to the game only to find the game has locked me to the character select screen and says it is downloading the game , yet is doing nothing ...

the ONLY thing i am able to do is make another character ...... so i try that ..... can no longer transport to a stronghold to sort your character out , cannot go to retrieve credits from legacy bank to unlock speeder piloting , or outfit sets etc , so back to being a day 1 noob almost .... no thanks .... not interested in that ...

seems like i have paid to return to a game i am unable to play through no fault of my own ....

ABSOLUTELY LOVE PAYING FOR SERVICES I AM UNABLE TO USE ...... EA has a bad rep for being greedy , but STEALING people money .... thats a new low even for EA

Just shut everything down and reload again. Works for everyone.

no it doesn't, it's a quick play issue from the sounds of it, there are several threads about it, with different solutions, that work for some, and not others. There's also a download issue, where people get stuck halfway through the download.

resubbed and came back to the game only to find the game has locked me to the character select screen and says it is downloading the game , yet is doing nothing ...

the ONLY thing i am able to do is make another character ...... so i try that ..... can no longer transport to a stronghold to sort your character out , cannot go to retrieve credits from legacy bank to unlock speeder piloting , or outfit sets etc , so back to being a day 1 noob almost .... no thanks .... not interested in that ...

seems like i have paid to return to a game i am unable to play through no fault of my own ....

ABSOLUTELY LOVE PAYING FOR SERVICES I AM UNABLE TO USE ...... EA has a bad rep for being greedy , but STEALING people money .... thats a new low even for EA

You just need to move out of the very start area to go to your stronghold. It can be done, just not from the exact spot you're dropped into the game in.

what I wonder- because it obviously causes a lot of problems (to everyone eventually) - is the bitraider cluster**** and those corresponding two little letters ST on the bottom left on your launcher: why is that the default version when you download the game for the first time?!

since I removed BR I never again had any problems with patches... yes, I cannot quick play but have to wait for the download to complete but that is really the only downside

All 26 of my characters are here and playable. No bugs to be found...

Must be a problem on your end, there were no issues for me.

Edited by denavin

what I wonder- because it obviously causes a lot of problems (to everyone eventually) - is the bitraider cluster**** and those corresponding two little letters ST on the bottom left on your launcher: why is that the default version when you download the game for the first time?!

since I removed BR I never again had any problems with patches... yes, I cannot quick play but have to wait for the download to complete but that is really the only downside

I thought the latest version of the downloader got rid of bitraider altogether? I'm hoping so, as I'm redownloading the game on my laptop :eek::eek:

I thought the latest version of the downloader got rid of bitraider altogether? I'm hoping so, as I'm redownloading the game on my laptop :eek::eek:

I don't know about that (I downloaded it 5 years ago and got rid of BR 4 years ago) but my fingers are tightly crossed! please keep us posted if the new download version is without BR!

Either you don't have the full game downloaded yet, or Bitraider is bugged.

Regardless, the long term solution is the same: get rid of bitraider. The easiest way to do this is to install the game from Steam (though I've seen it reported that the new default client from the web page does not use BR either)

This is a long standing (many years) issue that doesn't have anything to do with this update. BW seems to have finally given up on BR, but we still got a lot of people running older clients

this is day 3 for me on shut down! no word from the devs.....nice even if they said....

we know this is a problem and we're working on it, hang in there... nope nothing not even acknowledgement of all the people unable to log in. I hope they intend to extend all the events for those that cannot even get in to play.

if you're working on it and you're baffled, at least tell us your trying! your silence is only angering players

give us some hope this will be up and running soon.

this is day 3 for me on shut down! no word from the devs.....nice even if they said....

we know this is a problem and we're working on it, hang in there... nope nothing not even acknowledgement of all the people unable to log in. I hope they intend to extend all the events for those that cannot even get in to play.

if you're working on it and you're baffled, at least tell us your trying! your silence is only angering players

give us some hope this will be up and running soon.

The solution has been posted hear and probably hundreds of other threads by now.

You need to install a non-streaming version of the game, either from Steam or disabling bitraider in your existing client

yes, it's a full re-download, but it will save you much frustration in the future (and you could easily have done it in the 3 days since it broke for you).

BW has acknowledged this, that's why the default clients no longer use BR.

I think that only apply if you download from STEAM. The regular installation still uses BitRaider and for anybody that uses the "Streaming Client".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.