Stuck in "quick play mode" after patch. Download done, but I can't play my characters

Pricia

So a few months ago the saga of "quick-play mode" started. I went away for 2 months and when I returned it had not been fixed. So since then I have deleted my bitraider folder before running the launcher every day. And that has worked, so I tolerated it.

Since the patch on 15th of December even doing this no longer works. No work around works for me. I find this unacceptable. Not only did the developers NOT fix this issue, they have some how made it worse. And I know no fix is coming. They don't know how to fix it, or they would have already.

I'm shocked at how much they break with every patch. But do they stop changing things until they have worked out what they broke? No. They will then implement changes no one asked for or wanted and break 10 more things, and then only fix 4 of them.

Tell me Bioware. What exactly are you doing? Are you really this incompetent, or do you just not care all the while people keep paying? I am sick of it. What do I subscribe for?

[Windows 8.1 for what it's worth]

Edited by OrmEmber
Windows 8.1 for what it's worth

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back after a month or so long break. Game was fine than. I downloaded the new patch and I an having the same issue with the quick play downloading bug. My question is when did this patch go live and is SWTOR working on a fix. If so do they have an ETA on when this will be fixed? Kind of weird not be able to play the game when you have an active subscription.

Just came back after a month or so long break. Game was fine than. I downloaded the new patch and I an having the same issue with the quick play downloading bug. My question is when did this patch go live and is SWTOR working on a fix. If so do they have an ETA on when this will be fixed? Kind of weird not be able to play the game when you have an active subscription.

As a subscriber with an active paid account and also recently subscribing after 2 years away from game.... I want to know what type of compensation Bioware, EA, and LucasArts LTD plan to give us subscribers for having the privilege of NOT being able to play the game due to faulty bug ridden patchs. This started around the 15th for me... and if this continues till the end of the month with no viable fix..... will subscribers be charged or will the subscription be extended until this serious problem is fixed to the satisfaction of all?

As earlier stated... Everything was fine until patch 6.2a We didn't ask for this patch but were forced to download it anyway. What are your plans to make this right?

Edited by Villainos
contex

I have to say this is insanely frustrating. As an IT professional if I released something like this out to my user community I would likely be fired. It makes me wonder if Bioware and/or EA actually even test these patches after they develop them. Just another thing to convince me that EA doesn't care about its user base as long as they keep gettin' dem checks. Having been a loyal subscriber since game launch I am now considering uninstalling and cancelling my sub as this is just the latest in a long line of major failures underscoring the fact that regardless of the company's stand they only care about those subscription dollars.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

Here is a new workaround to fix the Quick Play issue without re-downloading the whole game:

If you’re stuck at the Select Character screen with the Quick Play message (upper right) follow those instructions:

1. Open a new Launcher (do not close the game, keep it on the Select Character screen).
  2. Log in, but DO NOT PRESS PLAY ON THE LAUNCHER.
  3. Come back to the first window with the Select Character screen, you will notice that the Quick Play message is no longer visible.
    • If the Character Play buttons are still greyed out: Open the Select Server window with the Server Selection button (bottom left) and select any server (including the one you’re already “on”).

[*]You should now be able to choose your character.

Note: You will need to follow these steps each time you launch the game.

Edited by CommunityTeam

Every time we launch the game ? Are you f****ing kidding me ? !!!!

What is the ACTUAL FIX for this ??? We are PAYING customers. Totally unacceptable.

1. Uninstall the game from your computer:

Right-click on SWTOR Launcher and choose Uninstall. It will open the Uninstall and change a program window (or equivalent for your OS).

Scroll-down to Star Wars The Old Republic and right-click on it, and choose uninstall.

2. Re-download the launcher from this link: https://swtor-a.akamaihd.net/installer/SWTOR_setup.exe or from the website swtor.com (on the right of the page, you will be able to download the Game Installer).

3. Log into the launcher and start to download the game.

or install via steam

Edited by OwenBrooks