Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

I am on Win 10. I was the one who started the thread. Have completely reinstalled the game (both in steam and not). tried all of the comparability things, completely disable all firewalls and AV, running everything as admin, flushed dns. sfc comes back clean, no other games have issues, etc,. Just no dice on swtor..

Had the same issue with the first 6.1.4 patch, but the next hotfix the following day fixed it. Not sure what changed or if they did not include something, etc.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah , I'm on windows 10 as well. I was playing this morning before patch just fine now cant get past spalsh screen.

Ive ran as admin, reinstalled entire client and updated my drivers ......still not working.

Its obviously something bioware did since as I said was playing fine this morning.........very annoying

Same here. I also use win 10 and the problem started after the new patch. I deleted and reinstalled the game, fixed the launcher and tried to run it as an administrator. Nothing worked. This is not fair to sub players because we lose this way.

I managed to get in after disabling the compatibility settings and enabling "disable desktop composition" AND administrator rights to both the launcher icon (from the desktop) AND the swtor.exe (from star wars the old republic/swtor/retail client/)

hope it helps someone. Good luck:)

Same problem, on win 7 machine:

Removing bitraider permanently did not work-with all that this implies. I get the missing servers problem.

Switching the compatibility settings around just causes a crash, no matter what I select there.

Running as admin does nothing and neither does selecting "disable desktop composition"

Any other combination of these does not work.

Also I tried disabling my anti-virus, in case it was blocking something, even if the game is in exceptions, and it has the same results...crash.

No offense bioware but at this rate you're going to lose a lot of paying customers because I'm not going to pay for something I can not use because you broke it. I'm already losing here because subscription's still running and I can not access the product I already paid for. Please fix whatever you broke.

Edited by Ayshzaa

I managed to get in after disabling the compatibility settings and enabling "disable desktop composition" AND administrator rights to both the launcher icon (from the desktop) AND the swtor.exe (from star wars the old republic/swtor/retail client/)

hope it helps someone. Good luck:)

Same problem, on win 7 machine:

Removing bitraider permanently did not work-with all that this implies. I get the missing servers problem.

Switching the compatibility settings around just causes a crash, no matter what I select there.

Running as admin does nothing and neither does selecting "disable desktop composition"

Any other combination of these does not work.

Also I tried disabling my anti-virus, in case it was blocking something, even if the game is in exceptions, and it has the same results...crash.

No offense bioware but at this rate you're going to lose a lot of paying customers because I'm not going to pay for something I can not use because you broke it. I'm already losing here because subscription's still running and I can not access the product I already paid for. Please fix whatever you broke.

I can confirm this fix works :) defo better than hoping in the RNG gods to let you through the char. selection screen lol But seriously....shouldn't be a thing...

Sadly it didn't work for me either :/

Worked for her...made sure you ticked the "disable desktop composition" and "run as administrator" and left the compatibility mode unticked for both the desktop icon and the exe in the directory?

Worked for her...made sure you ticked the "disable desktop composition" and "run as administrator" and left the compatibility mode unticked for both the desktop icon and the exe in the directory?

Well, can't be 100% sure as I run my system in german, but I assume you mean the checkbox right above the run as administrator checkbox right? I tried with no comp, and run as admin and the one above it ticked on. Also tried both with and withotu the 'run at 640x480' checkbox that is the third i nthat 'block' of checkboxes.

And I did that with the launcher exe and the swtor exe in the retail folder.

Well, can't be 100% sure as I run my system in german, but I assume you mean the checkbox right above the run as administrator checkbox right? I tried with no comp, and run as admin and the one above it ticked on. Also tried both with and withotu the 'run at 640x480' checkbox that is the third i nthat 'block' of checkboxes.

And I did that with the launcher exe and the swtor exe in the retail folder.

Try this then....tick compatibility mode...run it in compatibility with win7 and then tick the "disable desktop composition" and "run as admin" boxes only...seems to have fixed it for a bunch of people....i hope you can solve it....

Try this then....tick compatibility mode...run it in compatibility with win7 and then tick the "disable desktop composition" and "run as admin" boxes only...seems to have fixed it for a bunch of people....i hope you can solve it....

Well this actually worked, which tells me there is something wrong with this game when it comes to Windows 7. This needs to be fixed as there is no reason why I have to break my video settings just to play this game! DEVs, Support, is anyone even looking at this? I thought about subbing one of my accounts, and now I think I am going to hold off, especially when I see no updates from anyone other than us players!

I am having the same issue as well. Game gets to the Onslaught Loading Screen, and then ... POOF!!!, it vanishes.

Very sad!!! :(

You've gotten farther than i have. I just get nothing. I'm so over this BS. They should be paying me to play this game instead of me paying them. ugh

Tried that as well, sadly I got the same result as before :/.

But thanks for trying to help :)

I cant belive that this issue is this wide spread...It happend to me today and already started 2 seperate threads on it. Click PLAY then...puff its like nothing ever happend. This is getting on my nerves....but also make belive that is not my PC. ( I dont have money to change PC just cause of 1 bloody game)...Ill keep cheking back here for updates i guess... but its not I get reimbursed for my sub time loss...so this issue is probably the most annoying I ever encountered.