Dulfy.net seems to be offline

mike_carton

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm receiving "The connection has timed out" in Firefox, "This page can’t be displayed" in IE, and "This site can’t be reached" in Chrome.

She's been gone (no posts to her site) since about April 2019. Perhaps the time ran out finally on her site.Too bad. She was an awesome resource. She had mentioned RL was busy, but there was nothing after that ever. Hope nothing untoward happened to her.

I'm receiving "The connection has timed out" in Firefox, "This page can’t be displayed" in IE, and "This site can’t be reached" in Chrome.

I ran into the same issue, such a shame, there was SO much good information there. :(

Before there were youtube voice narrative how to's there were Wordpress Blog style step by step screen capture guides and Dulfy was the place to go. I've ran into Dulfy over the years in game and she/he had unparalleled enthusiasm for SWTOR. I know there are other 'Content Creators' but the attention Dulfy gave to the game was staggering.

Weird that she went offline the same month that the "Content Creator" program was started: http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-content-creator-program

:rolleyes:

That was a good site, i liked using it for info, it's too bad but understandable.

I've seen Dulfy in game once or twice in the last few months, she must have lost interest or become real busy IRL.

Thats how it goes, life happens and games take a backseat.

Best of luck in her endeavors.

You can still access the site with the web archive. The archive is a few months old, but that should not matter since the site has not been updated since last year. Probably a good idea to find those pages you use often and save them locally.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200526190800/http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

Grats! My thinking exactly.

I really hope Dulfy is doing ok.

I really hope Dulfy is doing ok.

Dulfy is fine. She moved on. Has other priorities in her life now other than SWTOR.

I will admit I'm a bit surprised she didn't pass the site onto someone else willing to take up the reins but it was her choice. I suppose you take the risk of damaging a brand that was so well respected by picking the wrong person, so perhaps that's why she didn't go that route.

Edited by Banthabreeder

Dulfy is fine. She moved on. Has other priorities in her life now other than SWTOR.

I will admit I'm a bit surprised she didn't pass the site onto someone else willing to take up the reins but it was her choice. I suppose you take the risk of damaging a brand that was so well respected by picking the wrong person, so perhaps that's why she didn't go that route.

If you know that for a fact, good, props to her.

You can still access the site with the web archive. The archive is a few months old, but that should not matter since the site has not been updated since last year. Probably a good idea to find those pages you use often and save them locally.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200526190800/http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

Great tip Thank you. Any idea how long the archive lasts?

@Duffy I have referred to your pages for as long as I have played this game (and I still do), Your work was superlative. Thank you so much for your dedication, patience and contributing so much to the community. I wish for you the very best in whatever endeavor you have embarked upon. Godspeed to you. :D:jawa_smile::w_smile::mon_biggrin::rod_smile_g:

Edited by Confusi

It should be possible to generate enough money to pay the site hosting company through GoFundMe. Does anyone have a line to Dulfy to inquire if she'd keep the site up that way? (Not talking about adding new content, just keeping the current content available.)

Very possible that she has reasons other than money for taking the website down, or that the lease on the domain lapsed.

GoFundMe may be an option, but there are other sources out there like Vulkk who are still going strong!

Vulkk seems to be the new go-to site, but it's not the same at all.

I went there today for some info I was looking after. Way to many ads and annoying videos auto-playing, it drives me crazy. Plus the content he had (news) was basically just retyping the Dev posts from the forum...

I didn't check the guides section though, as it was not what I needed at the time.

Like others have said, I too hope Dulfy is well!

I just think that privacy is sought by Dulfy and that ought to be respected, maybe someday Dulfy will be back. If not, well, it was a pleasure using Dulfy.com all those years when I used to play! Thanks Dulfy.

I always found Dulfy.com to provide endless information about SWTOR but in a way that made it fun to search and read through! Dulfy created a site that was not only useful but FUN to use. There really was a Dulfy touch to it, and no other creators come close to what Dulfy created.

I find it ironic that the most beloved and genuine creator was also a real, true fan of this game yet Dulfy got very little props for the work they did. Players always raved about Dulfy and the site, but this game never did squat for Dulfy!

Anyway, I feel like Dulfy could have been given a much larger platform by BW and EA and they definitely missed a big opportunity where they could have brought in someone that truly loved the game and would have added substance to their community with an unmatched, unbridled amount of passion. Just another great person left to fall through the SWTOR cracks it seems.

Like others have said Dulfy was by far the best site for swtor ever. However it was not just Dulfy, together with other sites like tor fashion, jedipedia etc they created the best ever source for swtor info. This will not be happening again as the game has decreased from higher levels and is no longer attractive for such people.

Even now when people link some guides or info in discord its all coming from Dulfy, its great you guys found the archived sites so that people can still get the info they need, because in most cases people are after old information. There are new sites like Vukk or MMOBits which provide up to date stuff, but they miss the huge archive Dulfy has.

I also hope she is doing well, must have been a busy time with swtor, but nohting lasts forever. People grow up, grow old, get a partner, kids and move away from silly stuff like games. I mean one thing is to play games in your free time and another is to manage a website and fill it with guides and information.