The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not keen on a apperance tab I would much prefer the ability to swap out slotted mods or better yet have some truly epic mods drops/ recepies. I'm only up to 35 but crafting takes a lot of time and it is very upsetting to know that the countless hours put in to making purple Might hilts 25 is a waste as as soon as I hit level 50 I'll be hunting for a couple of set piece sabers in order to compete. Reward us crafters please.

Not only is there no customization at 50, but most of the gear also looks terrible and both AC's wear the same stuff. Also a lot of it is different only in color...

End game is all about gear and the way it is now severely hurts the game long term. Love the game but this is something they simply and objectively messed up big time. If one was to name an epic failure in ToR, this would be it.

Edited by Covalent

Appearance tab. If it hurts the feelings of your art department, tell them to design better gear that players will want to wear, instead of paperclip shoulders and stupid skeletor hats.

They did in fact make the worst looking gear ever for the raid sets, BUT they did make some good gear, I dont know why they'd be butthurt, you're still wearing gear they designed.

They did in fact make the worst looking gear ever for the raid sets, BUT they did make some good gear, I dont know why they'd be butthurt, you're still wearing gear they designed.

Ironically some of the best gear republic side for trooper comes from a level 30 instance. The level 50 PVP and PVE sets look like something out of mad max, not star wars.

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Just saw this.

Just saw this.

Too bad this & color matching of gear didn't make it into launch. Sooo many lost customers that will just probably never come back after rage quitting over how ugly, silly looking & completely uncustomizable the gear has been so far.

All this experimenting with item mods is getting boring. The majority of the playerbase are telling you BioWare that we want appearance tabs. Whatever you're doing with item mods, it wasn't working in beta & it's not making the playerbase happy now, listen to Bounty Hunters go on about how totally stupid our class gear looks most of the time.

Color matching, when, man when? Is there any form of customization in SWTOR that's not directly tied to stats?

Too bad this & color matching of gear didn't make it into launch. Sooo many lost customers that will just probably never come back after rage quitting over how ugly, silly looking & completely uncustomizable the gear has been so far.

All this experimenting with item mods is getting boring. The majority of the playerbase are telling you BioWare that we want appearance tabs. Whatever you're doing with item mods, it wasn't working in beta & it's not making the playerbase happy now, listen to Bounty Hunters go on about how totally stupid our class gear looks most of the time.

Color matching, when, man when? Is there any form of customization in SWTOR that's not directly tied to stats?

Actually, the majority of the playerbase isn't doing anything of the sort. You're confusing "majority" with "vocal minority."

They've also addressed the color-match issue, so yay for ignorance!!

its going to get properly fixed by Bioware! Yay!!!

Now for:

- hood on/off toggle

- hood and helmet on/off toggle for companions

- hood + helmet combination

- high rez resolution fix

- proper lore-based darkside eyes (not the red crap)

and we are good to go!

Edited by Kaydenloss

Actually, the majority of the playerbase isn't doing anything of the sort. You're confusing "majority" with "vocal minority."

They've also addressed the color-match issue, so yay for ignorance!!

I'd call us the "vocal majority" since the game is pretty good, so good that I don't have time to post on the forums for any other reason to say what I've been saying since way before launch, that the gear design is this MMO looks stupid. Post-launch forums, the more recurring complaints are coming from a majority that only really have the time to point out their biggest problem with the game.

Like El said, he's heard us, a whole lot of us talking about gear customization. It's a major problem.

I know they addressed the color match issue, they found a major problem where there wasn't one. Plenty of beta testers were happier with the glitchy color matching that was available in beta, happier than they are with no option for color matching now at all. That feature tested in beta should have been in at launch.

I feel like the game's customizion has become the whipping boy for the game's visual design of wearables. Customization is present to allow some flexibilty in appearance, not to redesign the look of the game. When you listen to posts, "I hate X" and "I refuse to wear Y" are alot more common than those who can't continue to wear something they like. I'd dare say that most of the vocal players on the topic don't like the the outfits for force-users overall or the higher level heavy armors but, very few threeads and posts get directed at improvement in that area. Edited by Matte_Black

I feel like the game's customizion has become the whipping boy for the game's visual design of wearables. Customization is present to allow some flexibilty in appearance, not to redesign the look of the game. When you listen to posts, "I hate X" and "I refuse to wear Y" are alot more common than those who can't continue to wear something they like. I'd dare say that most of the vocal players on the topic don't like the the outfits for force-users overall or the higher level heavy armors but, very few threeads and posts get directed at improvement in that area.

Have you looked on the class forums where those kinds of threads have been posted? They're there.

Ok, after reading all you guys, I'll make this clear: after seeing how EVERY SINGLE top quality MMO has solved this issue with different and valid solutions (WoW, LOTRO, AoC, Aion...), if Bioware won't let me wear my char like I want on the end-game, I'm cancelling my account. Simple as that. I expect more from a 2011 MMO game. And I know many RP's are on the same boat as me.

I am with you. (But it is not enough to make me cancel my account until I am bored with the actual game play.)

I'd call us the "vocal majority" since the game is pretty good, so good that I don't have time to post on the forums for any other reason to say what I've been saying since way before launch, that the gear design is this MMO looks stupid. Post-launch forums, the more recurring complaints are coming from a majority that only really have the time to point out their biggest problem with the game.

Like El said, he's heard us, a whole lot of us talking about gear customization. It's a major problem.

I know they addressed the color match issue, they found a major problem where there wasn't one. Plenty of beta testers were happier with the glitchy color matching that was available in beta, happier than they are with no option for color matching now at all. That feature tested in beta should have been in at launch.

You're misusing majority. You're also ignoring 80% of what was posted in that relatively long post discussing the color match issue. Like how they were trying to improve on the system as a whole, beyond just "match to chest."

Now for:

- hood on/off toggle

and we are good to go!

ETA? I have not seen anything stating this.

That level 50 PvE/PvP gear needs to be burned from the servers and removed forever! It's so fugly! I won't ever stop complaining until its fixed!

ETA? I have not seen anything stating this.

That level 50 PvE/PvP gear needs to be burned from the servers and removed forever! It's so fugly! I won't ever stop complaining until its fixed!

They never post ETA's. For very good reasons. And I believe it was addressed by James Ohlen.

Now for:

- hood on/off toggle

and we are good to go!

+hide ugly shoulder flaps

/Signed

Not only is there no customization at 50, but most of the gear also looks terrible and both AC's wear the same stuff. Also a lot of it is different only in color...

End game is all about gear and the way it is now severely hurts the game long term. Love the game but this is something they simply and objectively messed up big time. If one was to name an epic failure in ToR, this would be it.

do people even READ anything the devs say anymore ??

The end game armourings will be becoming removable AND will even carry set bonuses with them.

Another good fix (although alternate but still within the rules BW believes that are correct) is implement a social tab where you can put your old armor in and enable or disable the visual presentation.

So you will actually wear your epic gear but what shows up is whatever gear you like.