Please consider letting us filter out of arena when queueing unranked.

nilssen

I was fine with daily quests like Ossus where you could stay in WZ queue or rated queue, do the dailies and if something popped, you just stopped doing the daily and ported right back to Ossus to finish them between pops.

I don't need BiS to make regs work.

Yeah, that’s a good point. And it’s a shame there is limited pve activity we can do while also queued for pvp. Most end game stuff is instanced that require a restart if you get a pvp pop. You could try doing Onderon and Mek-Sha dailies. You will get drops that are close to your irating. It will be slower gearing than doing flash points, but you can still queue pvp in between.

I was assuming you want to get to 306 BiS ASAP so you can be ready for the next season of ranked.

Edit: I’m like you, I wish I could have just geared up in pvp as fast as you can doing flash points and other pve spam activities. Bioware really screwed the pooch when they set up this system. The idea of getting rid of pvp gear or not aside, making pvpers grind pve content to get the best gear for pvp is asinine. Aka, the only content you can grind to get Apex Predator set for Merc is NiM operations. There should be a way for pvpers to get the same gear through playing content, even if it is playing ranked to be on par with NiM pve content.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was assuming you want to get to 306 BiS ASAP so you can be ready for the next season of ranked.

meh. I'm ignorant of the meta shifts with tacticals and so forth. I need to play other classes for a bit. need to figure out wth is going on with juggs for one thing. they're ungodly beasts. I already know maras are milking 2 stealths every 45s (wth?). it looks like ops are still ops. but I'll still need to go through every important spec. so maybe next season if I'm still around. lul

my bis is just something that shortens the time between superrcharger buff. heh

Edited by foxmob

meh. I'm ignorant of the meta shifts with tacticals and so forth. I need to play other classes for a bit. need to figure out wth is going on with juggs for one thing. they're ungodly beasts. I already know maras are milking 2 stealths every 45s (wth?). it looks like ops are still ops. but I'll still need to go through every important spec. so maybe next season if I'm still around. lul

my bis is just something that shortens the time between superrcharger buff. heh

DPS Juggs are mostly trash in ranked, but in regs they can rule the roost, Fury Maras are the meta in ranked if you want to play a warrior class. Ops are still meta too because of their immunities on roll. AP PTs are meta too and so are Lightning Sorcs. Of course Mercs are still viable too if you can get APEX gear.

getting back to the original point of this thread: let's say the OP gets his wish and arenas get a separate queue. what's going to happen there? here's what I see happening:

• ranked players will be more apt to join because it's closer to what they like to do (even in objective maps).
  • A LOT of players will simply not queue because they are just bad and/or have no interest in TDM because they cannot contribute. They're just drags on their team (like the n00b in ranked).
  • more flaming will ensue about how bad each other is
  • the arena queue will be incredibly unfriendly to numerous specs

as the dude would say, that's just...my opinion, man. but I'm game for it. I'd love to see what happens. I'll miss the arenas when they go away as I think they will, but I do still enjoy reg WZs when I'm not prevented from leaving a spawn-farm or OPG.

arena queues will become a ghost queue outside of 15-20 ppl. you won't be growing the ranks of rated players. or grooming them. or anything. man. i couldn't even get my last guild to do grp rated just to play kickball style amongst ourselves for more than 2 matches, and we had some top tier talent from the 8v8 days. well, top tier on JC. mid-tier-ish during the Pot5 transfers period.

i couldn't care less if ranked goes to the garbage can, it's trash anyway. just let me opt out of the 4v4 quepops, same que, but skip over players that are opted out. that way. you will only get what you want, and if enough people opt out, they'll get 8v8, i'd rather wait an extra 10 minutes to fill an 8v8 than waste my time in an arena.

Edited by Thalnar

... just let me opt out of the 4v4 quepops, same que, but skip over players that are opted out. that way. you will only get what you want, and if enough people opt out, they'll get 8v8, i'd rather wait an extra 10 minutes to fill an 8v8 than waste my time in an arena.

An opt out system would seem to be the best alternative in this case over a pure choice system. But there would need to be limits to how many maps or map types you could opt out or some maps would never pop for some people.

This “opt out” system could be taken one step further and incorporate premades vs pugs.

If you are a pug player, you could opt out of being in matches with premades

If you are a premade, you could opt out of being in matches with pugs.

no. none of this is reasonable. just leave the map you don't like before it starts if you don't feel like playing it.

and for the love of god, stop back filling in-progress matches.

BW went in quite the opposite direction in this regard though. lol

edit: give the option to decline back fill pops.

Edited by foxmob

no. none of this is reasonable. just leave the map you don't like before it starts if you don't feel like playing it.

and for the love of god, stop back filling in-progress matches.

BW went in quite the opposite direction in this regard though. lol

edit: give the option to decline back fill pops.

Yeah, but that requires Bioware removing the deserter lockout for players who leave before the match starts, which I can’t see happening.

There is a way they could do it and still keep the lock out for deserters, but it would require some extra changes to the queue system and I’m not sure if the engine or the coding can accommodate it or how much work would be involved.

1. Have a 30 second accept once you pop.

2. Game timer doesn’t start the count down until the team is full

3. If a player leaves after the timer starts, the timer goes on hold until another player(s) join

4. If a player leaves after the match starts, then the deserter timer is applied to them .

5. This system may require a longer lockout timer or even a compounding timer like ranked has. So if you are prolific rage quitter, you will find the lockout timer getting longer and longer.

6. If a game starts with even sides that is less than the maximum, the back fills are locked to that number.

Ie, if it starts a 3v3 arena, it locks the match as a 3v3 and if someone leaves, it can back fill the team that lost a player, but only to the “games” set maximum players (Which in this example, would be 3 players per team).

As for back filling, I think it’s acceptable, but only if the game asks do you want to accept a back fill. And you should get rewarded for back filling.

Ie, if you back fill and lose, you could have that game count as a win towards your daily and weekly missions.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah, but that requires Bioware removing the deserter lockout for players who leave before the match starts, which I can’t see happening.

There is a way they could do it and still keep the lock out for deserters, but it would require some extra changes to the queue system and I’m not sure if the engine or the coding can accommodate it or how much work would be involved.

1. Have a 30 second accept once you pop.

2. Game timer doesn’t start the count down until the team is full

3. If a player leaves after the timer starts, the timer goes on hold until another player(s) join

4. If a player leaves after the match starts, then the deserter timer is applied to them .

5. This system may require a longer lockout timer or even a compounding timer like ranked has. So if you are prolific rage quitter, you will find the lockout timer getting longer and longer.

6. If a game starts with even sides that is less than the maximum, the back fills are locked to that number.

Ie, if it starts a 3v3 arena, it locks the match as a 3v3 and if someone leaves, it can back fill the team that lost a player, but only to the “games” set maximum players (Which in this example, would be 3 players per team).

As for back filling, I think it’s acceptable, but only if the game asks do you want to accept a back fill. And you should get rewarded for back filling.

Ie, if you back fill and lose, you could have that game count as a win towards your daily and weekly missions.

i think a good way to fix this is to tell us what pvp map has popped and then we can decide whether or not we wanna join or decline. but without removing us from the rest of the queue.

Edited by Thalnar

I used to like to pvp, but I never liked the 4v4 format. When the 15 minute lockout was implemented I still pvp'd a little for a while, but got tired of 4v4's and no progress towards my weekly for losses, so I stopped pvp'ing.

I have now gone about 2 months since I last pvp'd, and I decided it might be fun to queue for some matched. Unfortunately I got a 4v4, then I group and got a 15 minute lockout, and decided not to queue again today.

The way things work today, I just don't think that queueing for pvp is worth my time.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the main problem with regs arenas is mismatched roles or numbers. It leads to a really unfun experience in a lot of the matches. Who wants to go against two tanks and a healer as four dps or play straight up 2v4s?

At least you get a point towards your Daily & Weekly missions ... oh wait ... nevermind.