Why regift Shae Vizla?

starbuckone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bioware too tired to make new NPC's for companions rather then make new one's? This is an insult to veteran player's that already have her.

Two facts you fail to recognize:

1. Other players having a specific companion doesn't affect your gameplay at all.

2. You're not special.

Have a nice day! :rolleyes:

Well I took break for 7 years and missed out on it the first so I'm pretty excited about this. Wanted to see what all the hype was about her dps so I made another alt just to mess around and it's petty cool :D Actually missed out on alot of them on my hiatus lol.

Two facts you fail to recognize:

1. Other players having a specific companion doesn't affect your gameplay at all.

2. You're not special.

Have a nice day! :rolleyes:

Well that's on BioWare. They made all these exclusives at one point and now they're not exclusive anymore. I don't care that others can have Shae as well, I just wish that BioWare would stick to their word once in a while or at least not mislead us. It just pisses me off that BioWare call things exclusives when in fact they're not. I ticked me off back then because these were exclusives that shouldn't have been exclusives but they did them anyway.

Sub during this period or you cannot have x companion. That's what they said.

That's a fact you fail to realise or at least acknowledge.

Until now, I never believed any one companion stood out from any other. However, in DPS mode she is truly far above any other companion in this game for DPS. It is a good thing she was given to current subscribers who did not have her.

They should at random award all other special companions to subscribers as well.

Why would you care if some random people you don't know got some pixels as a gift that has no effect on your life or your experience in the video game? :D

If it's because you feel you earned it somehow, then your reward was having the companion all that time when others didn't.

Well that's on BioWare. They made all these exclusives at one point and now they're not exclusive anymore. I don't care that others can have Shae as well, I just wish that BioWare would stick to their word once in a while or at least not mislead us. It just pisses me off that BioWare call things exclusives when in fact they're not. I ticked me off back then because these were exclusives that shouldn't have been exclusives but they did them anyway.

I tried to find the original offers of companions, specifically Shae Vizla, and the ads I've found say limited time, not exclusive. Those two terms have different definitions. releasing a promotion every two-ish years falls under the definition of limited time. Therefore Bioware has keep their word.

Edited by AceMasterSoul

My personal take is new players are good, and I have absolutely no problems with them getting shae. I just wish there was something for long time subscribers like me too. I fully support Tsillah's idea in the other thread about adding a vendor for sub rewards.

This is why they should never have had exclusive rewards but a token vendor with rewards like these and you get a token each month you're subbed. Much cleaner that way. You want Shae? Pay x tokens, so you know when you can get her and if you already have her than you get tokens instead to spend on another reward from the vendor.

Just add more rewards on the vendor from time to time and presto, you have veteran rewards in place.

Sub for longer, get more or more expensive rewards.

I'd totally even forgotten Shae was exclusive. Somehow I even have two or three Encoded Transmissions on a few of my characters.

I'm glad they are opening her up to everyone.

That said, I like Tsillah's idea too. Makes much more sense than exclusive lockouts of content forever. Just let people choose.

Edited by stoopicus

Is Bioware too tired to make new NPC's for companions rather then make new one's? This is an insult to veteran player's that already have her.

Please only speak for yourself. As a veteran player who has Shae I have no problem with them doing another promotion so that others can get her. Fact is that I am kind of happy that they are doing this promotion again so that others can get her. Now when somebody asks 6 months from now how to get her, I can say she is a promotion item you will have to wait for the promotion to come back around. I do not need a specific companion to show how long I have been here, my founder title does that just fine.

I don't feel it's such a big deal. I got her the 1st time around.

It would be nice if we got a nice pile of cartel credits instead, if we already had her. Y'know, enough to get a companion of our choice off the game shop. And if someone already has them all, well they could still spend those CC on anything at all in the game shop.

*grumble* This seems to be a thing, now, with these types of rewards and gaming companies. They make it sound exclusive, and later on, they re-release the offer, and people get angry. ("But those people just need to read it properly and it wouldn't bother them." Bah, no; companies do it on purpose to have it seem exclusive - they're jerks like that. They need to cut that crap out.). These types of rewards should be for x time being a member (ftp or other wise) or being subscribed (however they see fit). But not "you have to be subbed/member between this date and that date". That royally sucks.

I tried to find the original offers of companions, specifically Shae Vizla, and the adds I've found say limited time, not exclusive. Those two terms have different definitions. releasing a promotion every two-ish years falls under the definition of limited time. Therefore Bioware has keep their word.

Exactly. All this groaning is entitled BS. I got Shae when it first came out too. It was not exclusive, it was limited time, we had it for years before other people got it, now it's their turn. BW didn't "mislead" me, and if they misled OP or others, it's because of their own special snowflake expectations, not something BW did.

Edited by Ardrossan

My personal take is new players are good, and I have absolutely no problems with them getting shae. I just wish there was something for long time subscribers like me too. I fully support Tsillah's idea in the other thread about adding a vendor for sub rewards.

Sub for longer, get more or more expensive rewards.

/agreed. We had this on Star Wars Galaxies.

This thread is designed just to fan the flames of what has already burned long enough, at the risk of getting in to trouble, it's a troll thread. Not surprisingly, we see certain people jumping on it to add more petrol to the fire and watch it burn.....

Poor Bioware. Caught in another no-win situation.

If they keep Shae Vizla as an exclusive, they get flack from the community about how "unfair" exclusive items are, everyone should have the opportunity, blah, blah, blah.

If they re-release Shae, they get flack for being "tired". 🙄

Edited by JediQuaker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.